shape
carat
color
clarity

Stone Setting Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PrincessPeach

Rough_Rock
Hi, I''ve finally decided upon resetting my solitaire engagement ring to a three stone ring (I had an original three-stone ring but broke, so DH and I got a solitaire until I decided on a setting which took so long being that I am the most indecisive person on earth!!!). I was looking at Knox Jewelers and they have wonderful settings - I happened to fall in love with their Bonita and Desire settings which are three stone settings. I already have a diamond that I would set for a center stone...but Knox doesn''t provide stone setting. Which, I would feel awkward sending my stone away via mail to get set anyway (I am paranoid)...So my QUESTION is...who would set the stone? I can probably find a reputable jeweler to set the stone right? I guess I should also insure my ring now just in case it chips or something happens in the setting process? I am kind of lost here, folks.

Thanks for your input in advance!
9.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
insure your diamond. Find a local jeweler to set. make sure the head of the setting will accomodate your stone size. Sometimes a semi mount comes without the head (one of my mount came this way), if its just a standard four or six prong peg head your jeweler will replace the head to fit your stone.

Diamond Explorer

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/28/2009 11:15:17 PM
Author: D&T
insure your diamond. Find a local jeweler to set. make sure the head of the setting will accomodate your stone size. Sometimes a semi mount comes without the head (one of my mount came this way), if its just a standard four or six prong peg head your jeweler will replace the head to fit your stone.

Good advice above. When you order the setting, make sure you give the exact measurements of the diamond. The manufacturer should build the ring to exactly accommodate your diamond. Once you receive the ring, find a good jeweler that is close to you and he should be able to set the center diamond quickly and easily.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#2 gets my vote, but I tend to like things a little more simple, you already have a beautiful trellis look no need to add extra detail work. But it''s what you like though that matters.

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
30.gif
Hi,

I would personally go for desire

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ditto ........

PrincessPeach

Rough_Rock
Thanks for responding. I like Desire, but a lot of my friends like the Bonita version. I am TORN!!!
40.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/29/2009 6:40:55 PM
Author: PrincessPeach
Thanks for responding. I like Desire, but a lot of my friends like the Bonita version. I am TORN!!!
40.gif
well sounds like you need to go with Desire. you are wearing it, not your friends
1.gif

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Why not have both the engraving and the trellis look? That way your ring look gorgeous from any angle. I''m for Bonita.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like #2 too. #1 looks too busy. #2 looks cleaner and more elegant. Besides, it has bigger diamonds ctw = 0.63 for #1 vs. 0.45 for #2).

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally like Desire.

If you like a more clean look go with Desire. If you like more of the antique feel go with Bonita.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
see I adore bonita... but if you said you love desire go with that one!! it is very beautiful too!

PrincessPeach

Rough_Rock
FancyDiamond: I like the way you think about one setting having more carat weight! hehe

Thanks to everyone who responded! I am going with DESIRE! It''s the one hubby likes the best and it will match more with my channel set wedding band!

Many thanks for your advice!!!
1.gif

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Princess Peach,

Great choice on the Desire, it is beautiful!!! It will look great with your channel set wedding band also. Please come back and post hand pics!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results