shape
carat
color
clarity

stone / ring identification

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
I couldn't resist... this happens from time to time and I bid on a piece I think looks fun and interesting to explore. This time I got this pinky ring. It is stamped 18k. The black is onyx, the white stone I don't know. I knew it wouldn't be diamond and it isn't. When I test with the diamond tester it goes up but not into diamond range. The stone looks nice but has a lot of abrasion. I add a few photos. Does anyone have an idea what era and what stone this could be? It was obviously well worn and loved and very dirty. It looked like it was hardly ever cleaned when it arrived.

Thank you :) IMG_8164.jpeg IMG_8165.jpeg IMG_8166.jpeg IMG_8167.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cz?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm maybe white sapphire?

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I vote CZ, doesn't look like sapphire to me. Who knows, that ring could have held an emerald that cracked and they threw a CZ in there until better days. Whatever it is, it's a very cool ring and a great find.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool looking ring! I think 1930s-40s.

It could be a replacement stone, as @Ibrakeforpossums said.
Because of the extensive facet wear, it might be glass, white topaz, or any number of clear stones prone to abrasions.

Maybe you could shop around for a colored stone replacement......a bright green emerald would be fab!

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm… I agree. The abrasions are intense. It could be glass indeed that was put in later. Or topaz. I like the idea of a replacement stone! The white one is loose, too, so that‘s a good idea. Thank you :)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm… I agree. The abrasions are intense. It could be glass indeed that was put in later. Or topaz. I like the idea of a replacement stone! The white one is loose, too, so that‘s a good idea. Thank you :)

keep us posted what you end up doing
its a rather cool ring

MrsC Jewelry

Rough_Rock
Cool looking ring! I think 1930s-40s.

It could be a replacement stone, as @Ibrakeforpossums said.
Because of the extensive facet wear, it might be glass, white topaz, or any number of clear stones prone to abrasions.

Maybe you could shop around for a colored stone replacement......a bright green emerald would be fab!

Agreed! A bright green emerald would look incredible.

MrsC Jewelry

Rough_Rock
I love this ring and look forward to seeing what you decide to do with it, truly a great find.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results