shape
carat
color
clarity

Stone pricing and indented Natural

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CuriousGeorge

Rough_Rock
Couple questions about a some round brilliant diamonds i'm looking at.

Carat: 1.40 1.37
Color: H H
Clarity: VSS2 VS1
Sym: G VG
Pol: G G
Cutlet: None None
Table: 58% 54%
Depth: 61% 62%
Girdle: Thin - Thick Thin - Thick
Price: 7,900 8,300

Am I looking at a good price for these diamonds? Also, the jeweler selling me the 1.37 indicated a higher price because he said the cut was better than the 1.4 and the 1.37 also has a better symmetry. In addition, the 1.4 has an indented natural which he said added some weight to the 1.4 stone. What is an indented natural? And is the correct???
Both look great. Appreciate the help. Thanks.

Greentree

Rough_Rock
Naturals are artifacts left over from the surface of the original rough. They could be completely polished away, but that would reduce the weight of the finished gem. Perhaps if the naturals are insignificant, they can be left "as-is".

To me, they look like tiny chipped areas, but the gemologist will recognize certain characteristics that identifies them as being naturals. Whether or not they are important to you is your decision. Each diamond has its pluses and minuses.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results