shape
carat
color
clarity

Stone check, please

Jean_Jean

Rough_Rock
I ordered this 2.10 ct K (faint brown) vs1 stone to be set in white gold solitaire temp setting. I like the way the color looks in the video, but I’m an old cut girl and a bit unsure about shopping for a MRB. Any thoughts or comments on cut/performance would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone has a K faint brown please share pics. Thanks!

Attachments

• 9B22731A-2292-49ED-837C-E4EE33CA7091.jpeg
    9B22731A-2292-49ED-837C-E4EE33CA7091.jpeg
    228.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 38C89C06-899F-4331-BCDD-DC7C5AF63867.png
    38C89C06-899F-4331-BCDD-DC7C5AF63867.png
    660.7 KB · Views: 38

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ordered this 2.10 ct K (faint brown) vs1 stone to be set in white gold solitaire temp setting. I like the way the color looks in the video, but I’m an old cut girl and a bit unsure about shopping for a MRB. Any thoughts or comments on cut/performance would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone has a K faint brown please share pics. Thanks!

High crown, smaller table, warm colour... it should be a great MRB version of an old cut! :)

The faint brown undertone is entirely personal taste - I'm not usually a fan but I think it looks really good on your stone :))

HCA score indicates the angles should all work nicely, and there are no obvious striation issues (it looks very 'crisp'!) so I think it should be a great performer!

Don't forget to check on Rarecarat for comparable stones, as that seems to be the site with some of the cheapest prices at the moment :)

Jean_Jean

Rough_Rock
High crown, smaller table, warm colour... it should be a great MRB version of an old cut! :)

The faint brown undertone is entirely personal taste - I'm not usually a fan but I think it looks really good on your stone :))

HCA score indicates the angles should all work nicely, and there are no obvious striation issues (it looks very 'crisp'!) so I think it should be a great performer!

Don't forget to check on Rarecarat for comparable stones, as that seems to be the site with some of the cheapest prices at the moment :)

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I have a type! :P2 I'll definitely check out Rarecarat, too.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
It's almost a peachy/brown. I think it's lovely but unlike yellow tinted K's I don't think this one will look anything but brown tinted, no matter how you set it. If you're happy with the tint, then it's a very pretty stone :)

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! Also
Looks like it doesn’t have any stria problems! I would almost be inclined to recut into a floral oec pattern. But it’s lovely now as well!

Jean_Jean

Rough_Rock
It's almost a peachy/brown. I think it's lovely but unlike yellow tinted K's I don't think this one will look anything but brown tinted, no matter how you set it. If you're happy with the tint, then it's a very pretty stone :)

I think I'll be happy with the tint if looks peachy/brown in real life. I was originally looking at very light brown and very light orange mined stones, but I didn't like the the look of the cuts in my budget - that's how I ended up looking at this one. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results