shape
carat
color
clarity

Still_Waiting is...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
waiting no more!!! Ya-HOO!!!!!

Last Thursday was our 3-year anniversary. I''d been trying to convince him that I didn''t really need a ring (or something incredibly simple) for us to get engaged. But, he seemed very set on wanting to give me "what I deserve" so I was really trying not to get my hopes up for Thursday. But, I got all dressed up and filed my nails (just in case
2.gif
) and we went out for a nice dinner. We''d talked about maybe walking along the waterfront to "our bench"...part of what we did on our first date...but the weather was trying not to cooperate. However, he convinced me that we should do it anyway, and since I was really kinda hoping, I agreed pretty easily. Well, we''re walking along the docks when we''re deterred by construction. The doggone dock was being worked on so we couldn''t get to our bench! Well, that didn''t stop him, we sat down on the side of the dock and he proposed anyway.
9.gif
<---That''s what I''ve looked like ever since.

A perfect proposal. Sentimental, sweet and thoughtful. I''m so happy!

He keeps catching me staring at it and just grins from ear-to-ear every time. And he whispered to me once that he loves to look at it, too. How adorable!

He thought about waiting until Christmas, but decided against it because the timing was so perfect. Our anniversary fell the day before a weekend-getaway to Whistler, B.C. with his parents...Followed by this next weekend in Monterey with my whole family. My parents were SO excited when I called them. Not that I doubted they''d have a positive reaction, but it just felt so wonderful to hear how genuinely happy they were. My dad even said, "Now we have something to celebrate in Monterey!" Hurray!

My diamond is not certified, so I don''t have much in the way of stats. All I know is that it''s perfect for me!
1.gif

It''s .25 G and I1. It''s a size 6, but I need to get it sized down. It''ll probably need to be 5.5 or 5.25. I get a little nervous that it''ll slip off, but there wasn''t enough time to size it between trips and there''s no way I''d see my family without it!

Without further ado... (as long as it works)...

myturn_1097.jpg

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
9.gif

I wish I could make that smiley MUCH bigger to show my true feelings!!! Hee, hee!

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!!! Congrats, Still Waiting! It is so wonderful to hear how excited both of you are!!

Great story, and that ring looks so pretty on your hand!

Magpie09

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!! What a sweet proposal. Lovely ring too
1.gif

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Such a sweet story! Congratulations on your engagement and your ring is beautiful. Oh and I''m jealous of your Whistler trip! It''s my fave place in the world. Lucky me it''s only 4 hours from my doorstep!
28.gif

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! That looks beautiful on you. Perfection!

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, gals! We really are SO excited...and it''s SO much fun telling everyone! Our friends and family had been waiting for quite awhile now.
5.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NewGirlnTown

Rough_Rock
Congrats! Now you will have to change your name! It''s a beautiful ring!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
yay! congrats!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Yay congratulations waiting no more (will that be your new name
9.gif
)
36.gif

Very sweet proposal, and classic ring...love it
30.gif
30.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Aw it''s perfect!! Congrats!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Yaaay, congrats!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Awesome!! Congrats on the engagement!!!!

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations... what a romantic way to propose!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
aw your ring is gorgeous!!!
CONGRATS!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats lady...the only cert it needs it that of the heart....the official stuff doesn''t count. :) Congrats!!!!

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
4.gif
CONGRATS, "no-longer-waiting"!
4.gif
36.gif

That ring is LOVELY on you! I love how your setting kinda tapers in. It''s a beauty!
I will remove you from the list at once!
2.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Awww, honey, what a sweet proposal!! And yeah, the timing is absolutely perfect! Enjoy your celebrations with your family, showing off your lovely ring, and CONGRATS!!!!
36.gif

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!
36.gif
36.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I love it!

Congrats!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
So are you going to change your screen name now?
2.gif

FroggyMont

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!!!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
What a pretty ring! Congratulations
36.gif

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!!
36.gif
Enjoy your beautiful ring!!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results