shape
carat
color
clarity

Still 2 carat shopping...advice on new stone...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stangkilr

Rough_Rock
GIA

Round Brilliant
8.21-8.29x4.87
2.01 ct

59 depth
63 table
med to slightly thick girdle
good polish
very good symmetry
vs2
j
no fluorescence

saw the stone and it shows very nicely...only thing that worries me is the 63 table...am i overreacting?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
You obviously know the stone isn''t an AGS0 proportioned stone from the table.

Having said that, if you liked the way the stone looked to you and you liked the price, that''s really all that matters.

JC

Shiny_Rock
stangkilr,

Well, you made mention that the diamond "shows very nicely". So it looks as though the appearance of the diamond is pleasing to you. I would try to gather more information for the diamond, such as the crown and pavilion angles. You are correct, 63% is a large table percentage for a round brilliant. You didn't list a price for this diamond though. If you can give a little more information regarding the quality as well as price than you'll most likely get several helpful opinions regarding the value of this particular diamond. All in all, I agree with aljdewey.

9.gif

stangkilr

Rough_Rock
price is 12,000...not sure on the angles though...

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Does it come with a lab report?

stangkilr

Rough_Rock
not sure if it does...any more opinions?

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it's hard to really give any more opinions without additional information... sarin, cert, IS, photographs, etc.

I personally have never seen a diamond with a 63% table, but I would like to (see one)! I like the color (that's the color of my stone), I like the size, and the VS2 should make it extremely eye-clean.

My humble opinion is that the cutter likely "hid" some weight in the girdle and in the depth to get the carat weight over 2. It isn't cut to "ideal" specs, but it could likely still be a beautiful diamond. Maybe you should look at it again, though - for peace of mind. Observe it under various lighting situations, etc. Really, the bottom line is this - if the price is affordable for you, and you love the diamond -- then buy it and enjoy it! It really is your call.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
eeeee...this one could be nice but it could also be kind of scary..that''s a big ole table and i don''t like the girdle and only good symmetry. but i''m a picky one. i used to have a 62 table 57 depth stone that was lacking in alot of ways (i ended up getting a better cut stone later), but some of these BIC''s can be pretty if they have the right angles, can you get a SARIN to find out more information?

i know you said it looks pretty, did you take it out into the natural light and view it in different situations? can you also view it next to more of an ideal cut stone? you just want to be sure you are covering all the bases to ensure that you like the way this stone sparkles above others....this BIC look is a very unique sparkle and you have to LOVE it and not feel like you are missing out on anything later.

my two cents having had a similar stone. good luck!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh well...

- there might be some nice diamonds with these numbers, but how likely they are and what chances yours has to be one of the lucky I can''t tell.

- from the description, I can''t tell you any more than you already known having seen this one

- if you have not had a chance to see allot of diamonds including some of the best, the fact that this looked ok means little.

IMO, most diamonds look ok compared to gladd chips, but round diamonds can be strykingly different, with some very visibly better (brighter, more brilliant...) than others, and this is mostly a matter of cut, as long as you find color and clarity visually pleasing.

J/VS2 sounds like a safe be to me, but the looks of them remains down to cut. And that is not at all apparent in the stats - I could as well throw some dice to give an opinion
38.gif

Now, J/VS2 without a lab report is a bit worrisome. What if it is way lower if graded by proper standards? The stone does not change... etc., but judging its cost against others becomes meaningless. If this is ok with you and K-Si1 in GIA''s terms, than there should be more options out there for the budget than a relative ''bargain'' of J/VS2 might suggest.

Just my 0.2
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results