shape
carat
color
clarity

Steven Kirsch

devthinksnpink

Rough_Rock
Sorry to add to my RHR saga again.

SO I took everyone's advice (thank you gypsy, diamondseeker and tyty expecially!) and I cut my losses on the custom ring setting I was working on and moved on.

I contacted Steven Kirsch and he has been awesome.

I am in love with his "cari" design (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMxu2Q9A53E0with the mixed yellow gold and platinum as well as his Casablanca design. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoOs7HDSMio)

I asked him id he could make the "cari" with the multi row pave halo from the Casablanca and he said yes!!

My husband is taking the stone to him tomorrow and putting down the deposit-- I am super excited but still nervous after the last attempt.

Any one want to ease my mind and tell me I am making the right decision? (or the wrong one--speak now or forever hold your peace!) Because I can't be doing another cancellation!

Is there anything I should know? or anything specific I should ask before I sign a contract?> Is anyone seeing any big waving red flags that I am missing on the design?

Thank you all again! I feel much better about this whole thing this time!

xo

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Working with a new vendor, I would talk to him about a communication schedule. Like, if the project takes 3 weeks, you would like to have status updates by phone, or email, fax, carrier pigeon etc. once every X days.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!!! I think that is a great decision!!!

I would expect no status updates! If he says 6 weeks (or whatever), then contact him in 6 weeks and 1 day if you haven't heard from him and ask for an update then. If all of us were calling or expecting them to call or email to give status updates, they'd never get anything done! I always mentally allow an extra 2-4 weeks over what they tell me just in case there is illness or they get behind for some reason. But I never check until the initially projected finish date has arrived.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1458000858|4005326 said:
Yay!!! I think that is a great decision!!!

I would expect no status updates! If he says 6 weeks (or whatever), then contact him in 6 weeks and 1 day if you haven't heard from him and ask for an update then. If all of us were calling or expecting them to call or email to give status updates, they'd never get anything done! I always mentally allow an extra 2-4 weeks over what they tell me just in case there is illness or they get behind for some reason. But I never check until the initially projected finish date has arrived.
I hear what you are saying DS, but then you see some threads where people are bombarding vendors with emails, or the other extreme wondering when they will hear from the vendor and how often others hear from that vendor. So let me try to rephrase better - talk to SK about his style of communication, what expectations are from him and yourself so that he gets your project done with no unnecessary distractions, and you get ease of mind.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you are in good hands! Now it's time to be patient. If you are anything like me, it's going to be difficult but we'll worth the wait!

ringsearching

Rough_Rock
I just looked at those rings and some of his other youtubes. His work is beyone beautiful!

devthinksnpink

Rough_Rock
I want to thank everyone for all there help with my new RHR. Here are some shots that Steven sent me. It arrives Monday and I am sure his photos are going to be much better then mine. Thank you all again!!

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, that is stunning! I remember the unfortunate, rocky start to this project (not with Steven Kirsch), so you must be extra thrilled to now have your vision so beautifully executed :appl:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
MollyMalone|1460840743|4020162 said:
Oh my, that is stunning! I remember the unfortunate, rocky start to this project (not with Steven Kirsch), so you must be extra thrilled to now have your vision so beautifully executed :appl:
Oh wow. It's perfect!

I am so happy you switched vendors. Wear it in health and happiness!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow is right!!! :love: That is gorgeous!! When you get it, start a new thread with those and more pics on Show Me the Bling!!! I am SO glad you went with Steven!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I love, love, love the basket and the white/yellow gold! Great job!!!

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty! Please post hand shots!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results