shape
carat
color
clarity

Steven Kirsch is making my upgrade

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Have just commissioned Steven Kirsch to make my upgrade engagement ring.Steven is also going to source the stone for me. As I am living in Ireland price of customs and duty tax etc makes it the most sense for Steven to source it. Am getting a fancy light yellow diamond (more than likely radiant, but will see what Steven comes up with) with a delicate double paved halo with fancy light yellow meelee with a plain gold shank intertwined with side leaf detail also micropaved in fancy yellow meelee. Will wait until I get the stone before I finalise on design, but this is the general gist. My main inspiration was neatfreak's ring which I adore :love: (I hope you don't mind me using your ring as inspiration), Heidi Clume's (sorry not sure of spelling) Seal engagement ring and this beautiful cigaret box by Steven. I just love gold :love: and can't wait to see it sparkle :D. I just have a few questions.
1. I am a bit unsure of what ring size to order. My current engagement ring is loose, can spin a lot in cold weather but not in warm but does turn easily. I hadn't a clue what size I was so got my current ring sized and it is an N which is a 6.75. I ordered a 6.5 as the 6.75 is loose. However I was trying on fly rings here in Ireland to get a feel for different styles and tried on one that was a very comfortable fit, slid on and off easy and also a little loose. When I asked the size I was told L1/2 which is about a 5.75 and was told it was too big for me.So more than likely my actual finger size is between 5-5.5 so not sure what size to order. Will a jeweller be able to give me an accurate measurement? I suppose that is the best thing to do.
2. I want to get a simple rope band to act as my wedding band. I am getting Sally of Heart of water to do this as Steven's quote was a little $$$. I really want to go for 22Kt to get that really yellow look, do you think this is wise and will it be durable?
Sorry for long post and appreciate any advice,
Thanks Scarlett

_8477.jpg

_8478.jpg

_8479.jpg

_8480.jpg

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, reposting text as seems to be cut off at ends and not sure how to edit :oops: :oops:
Have just commissioned Steven Kirsch to make my upgrade engagement ring.
Steven is also going to source the stone for me.
As I am living in Ireland price of customs and duty tax etc makes it the most sense for Steven to source it. Am getting a fancy light yellow diamond (more than likely radiant, but will see what Steven comes up with) with a delicate double paved halo with fancy light yellow meelee with a plain gold shank intertwined with side leaf detail also micropaved in fancy yellow meelee. Will wait until I get the stone before I finalise on design, but this is the general gist. My main inspiration was neatfreak's ring which I adore :love: (I hope you don't mind me using your ring as inspiration), Heidi Clume's (sorry not sure of spelling) Seal engagement ring and this beautiful cigaret box by Steven. I just love gold :love: and can't wait to see it sparkle :D. I just have a few questions.
1. I am a bit unsure of what ring size to order. My current engagement ring is loose, can spin a lot in cold weather but not in warm but does turn easily. I hadn't a clue what size I was so got my current ring sized and it is an N which is a 6.75. I ordered a 6.5 as the 6.75 is loose. However I was trying on fly rings here in Ireland to get a feel for different styles and tried on one that was a very comfortable fit, slid on and off easy and also a little loose. When I asked the size I was told L1/2 which is about a 5.75 and was told it was too big for me.So more than likely my actual finger size is between 5-5.5 so not sure what size to order. Will a jeweller be able to give me an accurate measurement? I suppose that is the best thing to do.
2. I want to get a simple rope band to act as my wedding band. I am getting Sally of Heart of water to do this as Steven's quote was a little $$$. I really want to go for 22Kt to get that really yellow look, do you think this is wise and will it be durable?
Sorry for long post and appreciate any advice,
Thanks Scarlett

TheGeckoLady

Shiny_Rock
When you’re trying to figure out your ring size remember that rings that take up more space on your finger will feel tighter than a narrower ring. You might wear a 5.5 in a 1.5mm band but a 7 in a 6mm band or stacked rings. Being able to try on rings that have similar dimensions to the one you’re designing will be the most helpful. A costume jewelry store may be a good place to find fancy settings in different sizes to try on. I can’t wait to see how your ring develops, it sounds pretty incredible!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TheGeckoLady|1375551531|3495996 said:
When you’re trying to figure out your ring size remember that rings that take up more space on your finger will feel tighter than a narrower ring. You might wear a 5.5 in a 1.5mm band but a 7 in a 6mm band or stacked rings. Being able to try on rings that have similar dimensions to the one you’re designing will be the most helpful. A costume jewelry store may be a good place to find fancy settings in different sizes to try on. I can’t wait to see how your ring develops, it sounds pretty incredible!

First of all, I cannot wait to see this beauty once it's finished!! I love the richness of the yellow diamonds and yellow gold! :love:

I agree about the sizing issue. I wear a size 4.75 in a 1.5mm comfort fit band, but my ering is a 5.5 because it's thicker and covers more area on my finger. I also wear a stacker with my set, so I'm glad I got my ering "too big" at first! All of my rings are different sizes, the closer to my knuckle = the larger the size. (Ering = 5.5, Wband = 5.25, Stacker = 5) :bigsmile:

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies.
My wedding band is going to be 1.5 mm but haven't discussed widths with Steven yet, but prob 1.8 or thinner. Will try the costume jewellery store, that's a good idea, thanks. Really hard to choose as It will be more awkward for me to send back to resize. I think the 6.5 will def be too big if thinner bands are looser. Will have a good try on of diff sizes to try to figure out :twirl:

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Ok. So went around a few jewellers today to get sized, and each told me a different one :confused: The most comfortable was an M (I think this is a 6) so am thinking of getting the wedding band in a 5.75 and ering in a 6. Will run it past Steven to see.
Have asked Sally to make me the rope band in 22kt, just love the yellowness of 22kt and think it will look nice with the fly's.
Was wondering if anyone could offer advice on setting. Am getting the center stone halo'd, probably double paved. Was wondering should I follow the shape of the stone for the halo, or make it rectangular or round (sort of cushioned). Would appreciate any input on this.
Thanks all,
Scarlett

_8652.jpg

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scarlett1|1375988020|3499143 said:
Ok. So went around a few jewellers today to get sized, and each told me a different one :confused: The most comfortable was an M (I think this is a 6) so am thinking of getting the wedding band in a 5.75 and ering in a 6. Will run it past Steven to see.
Have asked Sally to make me the rope band in 22kt, just love the yellowness of 22kt and think it will look nice with the fly's.
Was wondering if anyone could offer advice on setting. Am getting the center stone halo'd, probably double paved. Was wondering should I follow the shape of the stone for the halo, or make it rectangular or round (sort of cushioned). Would appreciate any input on this.
Thanks all,
Scarlett

It's beautiful! I would follow the shape of the stone! I have a yellow sapphire that is kind of the same shape. Here is a pic of a bezel set halo to give you an idea..

img_1587.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning stone!!!! Ask Steven what he thinks these guys (Steven, Victor, Leon) have the best eye around for knowing what will and won't look great with each stone.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
This sounds like a phenomenal ring!!! I can't wait to see pictures! I agree that I'd ask SK's opinion on the shape. His aesthetic is exquisite.

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Soxfan, your ring is beautiful, thank you for posting to give me an idea. Most octagonal halos I see are quite harsh looking, but yours isn't at all, the edges look quite soft. Don't get me wrong, I love octagonal halos with sharp lines, but only if you're going for that Art Deco look (which I also love) and looks fab when the diamond is bezeled.But for his ring I am looking for a more softer look to go with the delicate side leaf detail. I think you are right. Will just ask Steven what he thinks will suit. I also keep changing between single and double prongs and fancy light to fancy yellow meelee!!! What are your thoughts?
Poor Steven's head will be wrecked by the time he's finished :twirl: Hopefully he'll get the stone today (waiting on wire to clear) so we can start finalising design :appl:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scarlett1|1376050181|3499587 said:
Soxfan, your ring is beautiful, thank you for posting to give me an idea. Most octagonal halos I see are quite harsh looking, but yours isn't at all, the edges look quite soft. Don't get me wrong, I love octagonal halos with sharp lines, but only if you're going for that Art Deco look (which I also love) and looks fab when the diamond is bezeled.But for his ring I am looking for a more softer look to go with the delicate side leaf detail. I think you are right. Will just ask Steven what he thinks will suit. I also keep changing between single and double prongs and fancy light to fancy yellow meelee!!! What are your thoughts?
Poor Steven's head will be wrecked by the time he's finished :twirl: Hopefully he'll get the stone today (waiting on wire to clear) so we can start finalising design :appl:

He does a great dainty halo! It will look great with that stone. Did you search on here and see if there's any rings by him that have colored diamonds? I'd like to get this re-set one day into a split shank halo from VC. It's too "heavy" for my liking.

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
A VC halo would be stunning on that stone :love: . Most of the fancy halo's I've searched are ones using white meelee. I saw this one of Steven's which is stunning and using the same coloured stones in meelee as center. Again will ask Steven what he thinks. I might use same coloured meelee In the halo as the center stone but use fancy yellow or intense for the meelee in the leaf detail :confused: Steven will hopefully stear me in the right direction :loopy:

_8677.jpg

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Steven just emailed to say he got my stone and we are discussing design tomorrow :appl: :appl: :appl:
To say I'm excited is an understatement :lol: Better get my skates on and organise my thoughts for discussing with Steven :o

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My gosh that is going to be stunning!!!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks great so far. What carat and length/width is the center stone?

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Aprilbaby, can't wait to get things started :razz:
Dreamer D, specs on center stone are
0.91ct Radiant Y-Z, VS2, 6.01 x 5.09 x 3.36 mm
TOTAL DEPTH: 66.0%
TABLE SIZE: 63.0%
POLISH: VG
SYMMETRY: G
FLUORESCENCE: None
Got it from Diamonds by Lauren who were fantastic to deal with :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought Steven was sourcing your stone. How did you end up with DBL? Just curious.

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Hi diamond seeker,
I had been looking at that radiant before I decided on Steven for setting. I sent Steven a link to it to see what he thought. He said it looked good so I went for it ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results