shape
carat
color
clarity

Steven Kirsch Cushion Micropave ring - 2.29ct

Sparklycushion

Rough_Rock
I just got my custom engagement ring from Steven Kirsch, and it's everything I hoped it would be! Pricescope posts helped to steer us to Steven and I want to give back and share my story as well :)

I've always loved the Harry Winston "One" design but couldn't justify the brand markup. My fiance and I looked at other micropave settings (e.g. DeBeers, Tiffanys, diamond district, etc.) but didn't find anything like the "white on white", "delicate", "pillowy" feel of a HW cushion micropave.

We made an appointment to see Steven Kirsch because he was highly recommended on PS and he is known for delicate micropave work. Turns out he also made rings for Harry Winston - woo hoo! In our first appointment, he basically found us "the diamond" - which we weren't expecting at all. It was a very unique cushion cut just within our budget (G, 2.29). If we hadn't seen it, I probably would have gotten a modified cushion with a "crushed ice" look because it's the most common cushion cut these days. The unmodified cushion cut is more similar to a round brilliant, so it shines with "clean facets", not like "crushed ice." I forget what the actual cut is called, because there are many variations of the unmodified cushion cut. It turned out that I liked the unmodified cut much much better - not saying modified cuts are bad, just not my preference! Anyway, Steven made us feel very comfortable and didn't push us to buy the diamond and he was candid in educating us about diamonds, and we just felt he was the real deal. When we set to designing the ring, he was also patient with me even though I had many (probably exorbitant) details and specs regarding the ring. Steven walked me through what can be done vs. what shouldn't be done. We walked through several iterations of how to optimize all the tiny components of the ring - shank width, melee size, how high the basket should sit above the finger, how to make the four prongs holding the basket, angle of prongs holding the basket, size of the donut of the basket, how high to set the diamond in the basket, etc. etc. He listened to my descriptions and basically made them all come true in the ring. When I first saw the ring, I could only think "WOW THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED - HOW DID HE DO THIS?!" It's pretty stunning, and when I walked into HW, I couldn't really notice the difference in the quality of my setting from their settings. For me, it is actually better than the HW setting because we tweaked certain details that we didn't like in the HW design. Also SK uses D color melees, which I think is higher than HW melees (I might be wrong, but that's what the SA told me). It's clear that SK is a master jeweler and an artist. I'm so glad my fiance found Steven, it was great to work with Steven and his setting makes all the difference. See pics below! The camera doesn't exactly do it justice because it was really hard to focus on the ring.

photo__1_27.jpg

ring_75.jpg

ring_77.jpg

Triks86

Rough_Rock
Hey there, it is beautiful. Congratulations. Do you know what MM the shank and halo are? I have him making a similar ring and I am curious how it compares to yours!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE it!! The center diamond is gorgeous!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my!! this ring is spectacular!! :love:
Why did I miss this before??? Maybe you could hit the "report concern" button on the top right and ask the mods to move to Show Me the Bling forum?? There are many PSers who would LOVE to stare at this beauty!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous! I so love this classic setting. And your stone is a beauty.

How do you feel about your ring after wearing it for 2 months?

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
=) ACK! That's perfect!!! :love: :love: :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!!! How did we all miss this one? Congrats!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!!!!! I have no clue how this thread was missed!!!! Your ring is stunning!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is absolutely stunning! Congrats to you!! :appl:

pixgirl

Shiny_Rock
WOW :love: Beautiful!

plummiecat

Shiny_Rock
It's gorgeous!!!

Rosa

Shiny_Rock
So lovely and elegant. You will never tire of this stunning ring! Congratulations and thanks for sharing. :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you come back to see the responses! This must have been posted in the wrong sub-forum before!

Your ring is absolutely gorgeous! :love:

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
I missed this too and it's too stunning to be missed! What an absolutely perfect halo for a gorgeous diamond.

kathness

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
so beautiful! I'm interested to know the mm dimensions of the centre stone, shank and halo too!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! It's beautiful!!

BubblesnFun

Rough_Rock
Oh my goodness, your ring is so beautiful!! Congrats on your new beauty!

fashionbabee

Shiny_Rock
I too have just got my SK cushion HW inspired micropave ering so can totally appreciate the joy you must be feeling right now!!!!!!!! Lots more details and pictures please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Stunning!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
stunnnnnning! :love:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring!!! :appl:

Minha

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous! I love your ring. :appl:

This ring is drop dead G O R G E O U S!!!! Very beautiful pave work and the details are stunning. I would love to upgrade to an august vintage cut cushion in the future.... But I just got engaged lol so this will be kept a secret until later on. :saint:

GoldFish8

Shiny_Rock
wow.WOW!!! So pretty, and your cushion cut is TDF :love: :love: :love: ..wow Steven knocked it out of the park! I will reiterate what other P'sers said, but seriously how did I miss this ?!?!?!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results