shape
carat
color
clarity

Steven Kirsch & August Vintage OEC *PIC HEAVY*

OECrystal

Shiny_Rock
In honor of our one year wedding anniversary, I thought it about time to share my engagement ring and our wedding bands story and photos with PS. This post is long overdue, but better late than never!

My partner and I talked about getting engaged and he wanted to involve me in picking out my ER. At the time, I knew nothing beyond B&M mall jewelry stores and placed little value on diamonds and gems. My partner, however, had been a PS regular and knew his stuff about diamonds and jewelry.

I have small fingers/hands and dress casually most of the time so I did not want anything big or flashy. Being indecisive about even the most trivial things (like what to eat and wear on a daily basis), I felt like picking an engagement ring was exciting but very overwhelming. I spent hours and hours combing through the internet and going to B&M stores to get and idea of ideal stone size and stetting options. I know my partner was more than overwhelmed by the wide range of rings that I showed him. Thankfully his PS knowledge helped us weed out the duds and narrow the search to a more manageable selection.

After purchasing and returning several diamonds from various vendors, we finally chose a beautiful August Vintage OEC. My partner had a wonderful experience working with David at GOG. He was very friendly, responsive, and took as many photos/videos as needed to help make our decision.

My partner contacted several jewelers about settings and we decided to go with Steven Kirsch because we knew we wanted top quality, hand forged, and he would work with our already purchased GOG stone. Steven was very kind, patient, and understanding of what we wanted. He does not do sketches or CADS (I believe this is still the case) and I was nervous about whether I would like the final result. My partner kept reassuring me to trust SK to make a beautiful ring, and boy was he was right!

My wonderful partner arranged a surprise proposal involving my family. We were engaged for two years and got married one year ago. My partner had custom wedding jewelry made for me which I will share in a future post (I had started a thread about it a while back but it mysteriously disappeared).

Approx a year before our wedding, we were in NYC and arranged to meet Steven to pick out our wedding bands. He was extremely gracious and welcoming. He brought out goodies for us to look at and try on while we were there. It was so much fun!!! I posted some photos from that visit which can be seen here:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/steven-kirsch-visit-pictures.215698/

During the same trip, we also made a brief stop at GOG which was a lot of fun. We got to check out some beautiful AVCs (which I plan to add to my collection someday). The staff were very welcoming and happy to show us anything we wanted to see. They were also thrilled to have a visit with my OEC, which they remembered! It still boggles my mind how they could remember a specific diamond with all the stones that they must work with.

I feel so lucky to have such an amazing husband who I am madly in love with. Our rings are a beautiful reminder of our love for each other. I still find myself staring at my rings and being amazed by their beauty and detail. They are true works of art.

Diamond specs:
August Vintage Old European Cut
1.62 carats, L, VS1
Measurements: 7.45mm x 7.50mm x 4.98mm
Culet: Medium
Total depth: 66%
Table percentage: 41%
Florescence: Very Strong Blue

Ring:
Steven Kirsch
¾ micropave, 2-2.2mm, platinum, 6-prong, size 3

Wedding bands:
Steven Kirsch
  1. plain rounded band, 2mm, platinum, size 3
  2. eternity mushroom pave, 1.8mm, platinum, size 3
  3. plain band, 4mm, platinum, size 6

Thank you for reading. Now for photos!

rings1.jpg rings2.jpg rings3.jpg IMG_0915.JPG IMG_3311.JPG IMG_3313.JPG IMG_3383.JPG IMG_3394.JPG IMG_3436.JPG IMG_0916.JPG

Last edited:

Kbell

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That is a such beautiful ring! Great photos, thanks for sharing! Love fluorescence!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The entire ring is to die for! Loving the strong fluoro showing through in a lot of the shots!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is perfection! Thanks for sharing.

SC86

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely stunning!! I love how blue it looks in the sun!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings are beautiful! Gorgeous stone :love:. I love the back story, your guy is a keeper!

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So beautiful! LOVE that flowery center! :love:

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful and looks huge on your tiny finger! Happy anniversary!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
O M G that fluro shot in the sunlight is insane! You have a really beautiful wedding set especially that spectacular AVR :love:
Congratulations on your anniversary!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
professional photos. you bet.

wow

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful stone and ring! Happy anniversary!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous AVR!!! Love the flowery center and the fluorescence!! :love:

OECrystal

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, all! I had fun going through all of the photos of my rings to pick the best ones to share with you. There were a lot, so it took a while :mrgreen:

OECrystal

Shiny_Rock
Your rings are beautiful! Gorgeous stone :love:. I love the back story, your guy is a keeper!
Thank you!!! Don't I know it! I often wonder how I got so lucky... :kiss:

OECrystal

Shiny_Rock
professional photos. you bet.

wow
The first three photos are from our wedding photographer. She got some great glamour shots! The others were taken on my iPhone.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely. thank you for sharing.

Nitedula

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Stunning! I love the fluorescence, of course, but especially that profile.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful!:love: And I love all your photos too! Wear in health and happiness.:appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! :love:I am a fan of AVRs, too!

OECrystal

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, thank you!

@diamondseeker2006, I have admired your AVR for a long time!! It is certainly the most recognizable one here on PS, at least for me. :kiss:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fab story. The diamond & rings are drool-heaven! Beautiful set!

Sagefemme

Shiny_Rock
Amazing set, and amazing fluoro pics!! Makes me more curious in fluorescence, which I've never thought much about before. And does your AVR have the tiniest table on any AVR, ever? I'm serious, is it smaller than most, or am I imagining it? I love the whole deal. Looks fantastic on your hand.

OECrystal

Shiny_Rock
Amazing set, and amazing fluoro pics!! Makes me more curious in fluorescence, which I've never thought much about before. And does your AVR have the tiniest table on any AVR, ever? I'm serious, is it smaller than most, or am I imagining it? I love the whole deal. Looks fantastic on your hand.

Haha! You figured us out. My husband is very particular about certain things, and diamonds are one of them. One of his requirements was a tiny table, and we both wanted at least strong fluorescence. We unintentionally discovered that it also has a small amount of phosphorescence! When in a dark room, shine the UV light on it, then turn the light off, it glows a faint orange. Very cool phenomenon that was an extra special surprise! I am not sure if this is the case with all diamonds with fluoro? I'll see if I can capture a photo of it and will post it here.

OECrystal

Shiny_Rock
It's really hard to take a decent photo of a phosphorescing diamond in the dark with an iPhone... but here's what I was able to get!

IMG_0934.JPG IMG_0945.JPG

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a gorgeous ring and the AVR is a beauty itself :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results