shape
carat
color
clarity

Sterling Silver + Cubic Zirconia Halo Settings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrgodai

Rough_Rock
I've been saving for a Halo platinum setting for my wife. Already got a diamond waiting for it.

(this setting actually.
http://www.jamesallen.com/designer-jewelry/meno-collection-by-danhov/ring/item_294-3773.asp )

Due to the rising prices of the metal and spending all the money on the new house. I'm no where near having enough money for it. And I need a setting by next month for our 2nd wedding overseas, since her parents couldnt attend the 1st wedding in the states.

Anyways, instead of spending hundreds on a 14k gold setting and later replacing it, I thought maybe i can just spend $100 on a sterling and CZ just for this wedding.

Are there places that can custom make that ring in sterling + cz? Or having a nice collection of halo sterling rings with cz for cheap?

help is greatly appreciated since i need the ring asap!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
"Lord of Gem Rings" on ebay has cheapie diamond and gold halo settings if you want something temporary: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/5-5mm-ROUND-...91793467?pt=US_Fine_Rings&hash=item3f0c72db3b

I've never seen one of the settings in person, but the folks on the colored stones forum often get settings from there and pay a little extra to upgrade the diamonds. I don't think the diamonds will be of the highest quality, but as diamonds they won't scratch and get dull as easily as a softer material might. If you contact them they may have something in the dimensions of your stone.

We're not allowed to talk about cz here, but often labour is the most expensive part of the ring, not the materials, so you won't be saving very much money by going with alternate materials.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
yea, like hope said- discussions of CZ are not really permitted on the site, so i dont think that many people are going to have suggestions for you- but Hope is right- lord of the rings has cheaper settings, I bought a split shank halo from them for 300. the ring is very light in weight, it's not amazing quality, but good for a temporary fix.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
ID Jewelry has settings on the less expensive side as well. Perhaps get a simple setting and forgo the halo now and then upgrade at a later time?

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
I apologize but we do not allow discussion of CZs on PS per our policies.

This thread will now be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results