shape
carat
color
clarity

step cut halos

thinkingwishful

Rough_Rock
Hello,
did a quick search and saw some pretty discouraging discussions on french cut halos...anyone have any success with any step cut halos for a round setting? a play on the typical art deco ring? I'd love to see. Also...any octogonal halos with stepcut stones - is that possible?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is possible (almost anything is), but I'm guessing that it would be very expensive. I'd call a couple of vendor to get a quote. Singlestone and JBEG are two that are especially good with vintage style settings. Both are very responsive and produce exceptional quality work.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Search the terms "Baguette Halo" there are quite a few threads (most of them started by me)... you need someone very dedicated to making sure it comes out right, and as the step cuts are custom cut it is a pricey proposition. :wavey: They tend to look best with color centers.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
A couple of years ago, I was hoping to have an octagonal step cut halo custom made, the 2 quotes I received were $10k+. At the time, I put the project on hold and by chance a couple years later I was lucky enough to run across a never used baguette halo setting at an Estate dealer. It was still very pricey and not exactly what I was looking for, but did save some $$$ and was still very lovely. It is certainly doable-for the right price. Good luck with your hunt :)

bigdiamondtinygal

Shiny_Rock
I agree to step cut halos are stunning, but given that french cut eternity bands are extremely expensive, I can only imagine how much a french cut diamond halo would cost! I found the 2 baguette halos below in case you're interested. Most french cut halos I have seen are vintage or replica art deco rings (see other poster's yennyfire's suggestions for vendors - I'm sure Leon Mege and/or Victor Canera could do a great job on this type of setting too).

Stardust diamonds makes a nice one:

and here's a link to another one:

http://www.shapirodiamonds.com/CADGallery/Round_Brilliant_Cut_And_Baguette_Diamond_Ring/309.html

Stardust22.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results