shape
carat
color
clarity

Step 2 of 100 - Diamond Purchased

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nitsuj

Rough_Rock
I've been looking at diamonds over the past year here and there. Over time, I pretty much found what I'd like for the price range and got enough info from the woman to see what she would prefer as far as size and style.

I just purchased a diamond from white flash:

Link to my rock

What do you all think? I wanted something between a half and 1, but I wanted a huge spread so that it would look bigger than it is. I also wanted a lot of fire and brilliance. The premium for the 'a cut above' was going to take me over my budget of 3000, so I went with their exceptional line.

It will be going into a custom 18kt white gold setting by Marc Williams Goldsmith in Williamsport, PA:
Marc Williams

We are pretty much waiting on the stone to finalize the design, but it will be something classy/antique looking.

This is my first post, I've been lurking for a bit and reading up. I found the tools and tutorial to be most helpful on the site. Recommendations by others to use whiteflash.com in various postings have helped as well. I like their policies for returns/upgrades/etc. I've also dealt with enough jewelry stores to know that the 'consultants' (they don't work on commission...yeah yeah) certainly come in too many flavors, but the most prominent being the one that sidetracks me into almost buying something that I really don't want.

I hope I'm starting off on the right foot. Although, it would seem that some people search longer for the diamond than for the actual woman...
41.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond! Can''t go wrong with that one! And your goldsmith looks wonderful, too! I agree that the diamond shopping is a tedious process!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! I think your diamond looks gorgeous and some of the ring styles on your goldsmith''s webiste are beautiful!! Again, congrats!
1.gif

nitsuj

Rough_Rock
Yay! In college I lived about 3 blocks from the Goldsmith and coincidentally I found one of his apprentices where I am now, 2 hours away from there. She still works with him, so life is all coming together.

It's amazing to think that almost one month of my working life went into that little tiny gem.

4bugzinarug

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! It looks beautiful and seems like a good choice. I love the unique appeal of the goldsmith you have chosen.

ello

Brilliant_Rock
It''s going to be a real sparkler! Congrats!

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
Your post title made me chuckle. I know exactly how you feel.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Am I losing my mind or does that AGS cert (dated 10/3/05) not have any cut grade information anywhere??!!! Isn't that peculiar?!
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif

plg_cp

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/1/2006 10:03:31 PM
Author: Lynn B
Am I losing my mind or does that AGS cert (dated 10/3/05) not have any cut grade information anywhere??!!! Isn''t that peculiar?!
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif

Nope, it''s normal. WF gets Diamond Quality Reports for their ES stones and the more expensive Diamond Quality Documents (with cut info) for their ACA stones. I believe the thinking is that customers can be saved some money by foregoing the DQD.

Mark

nitsuj

Rough_Rock
I plugged the numbers from the AGS into the HCA and came out
Excellent,
Excellent,
Excellent,
Excellent. 1.4

I'm in my evaluation period right now. I looked at it under a loupe yesterday with the jeweler and he could barely see the inclusions. I couldn't see them at all even after he tried to point it out (he could only really see one line). It sure is a sparkler, and everyone that I've showed it to has really been wowed. Nobody has said, "That's small" yet, so I'm happy there.

My only concern is that I overpaid, but I guess there is always a better deal for everything at anytime when you are connected to the world.

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
That will look beautiful...and don''t worry, 0.70ct is a good size.

Blod

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic choice!
36.gif
No way you can go wrong with that!

nitsuj

Rough_Rock
Thank''s for all the support. I''m expecting a call back from WF to see if I can still get the pricescope discount. I completely didn''t realize it on Saturday and I honestly don''t know how I missed it in all of my past trolling.

kevinyonker

Rough_Rock
Everyone has a preference. My fiancee says there''s only one place where size matters...and it''s not on her finger... Just joking...I swear. The diamond you are considering is a dazzler. .70 is a nice size, especially considering the quality of your diamond. Nice selection and best of luck.

nitsuj

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/2/2006 11:33:11 AM
Author: kevinyonker
Everyone has a preference. My fiancee says there''s only one place where size matters...and it''s not on her finger... Just joking...I swear.

Oh man, you have the potential to really put this thread in a bad place. And I''ve deleted what I was about to post because my girlfriend says I need to work on my crassness in public.

esguy27

Shiny_Rock
Good job, the stone looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results