shape
carat
color
clarity

Steam cleaners and Pandora bracelets yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
I wasn''t sure where I should ask this questions so I''m just gonna post it here...hopefully someone would know the answer
9.gif
. I''m looking at getting a jewel jet which is a steam cleaner. I own a few Pandora bracelets and I was wondering if I could use the jewel jet to steam clean them. I am currently using warm water, soap, and a baby tooth brush.
21.gif
Does anyone know if it''s ok? I called a store that carried the bracelets, but they didn''t know the answer. TIA!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
The best thing that I''ve used to clean my Pandora is soaking it in warm, sudsy dish detergent. It makes it sparkling clean!! My jeweler doesn''t use steam cleaning with the Pandoras and you need to be careful with silver cleaners. They can remove the oxidation that is on some of the beads. HTH.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn''t do it. I have a Pandora bracelet and a steam cleaner. Some of my charms have gems that I assume are glued in. I would worry about those, plus the oxidation on most of the charms. I usually use a silver cloth to polish my bracelet, or warm sudsy water. Dipping it in gemcare does nothing for the silver, but shines up the gold charms.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, ladies!! I just wanted to make sure nothing happened to my bracelets!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The two stores near me offer free cleaning! They have a gentle tumbler or something. I''ve never seen it but you could check with your local store.

The Jewel Jet is very very powerful. I wouldn''t use it on your bracelets. But it works GREAT on diamonds.

Any photos of these bracelets posted?

G.J.Keygirl

Rough_Rock
We sell Pandora at our store and do not steam clean them. I have however used the ultra-sonic solution and a toothbrush with mine and have had no problems. That or a polishing cloth.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Luckyshe, i own a couple of bracelets myself and i have never seen my Pandora retailer use a steam cleaner. The shop cleans it for me, and they use an ultrasonic for all the charms.

When i''m at home and want to clean my bracelet, i just use warm soapy water and a toothbrush.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results