shape
carat
color
clarity

steam cleaner?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all! I have an ultrasound cleaner and also reach for my liquid in the dip tray quite often, but I am disappointed in the minute particles left behind and it also seems as if residue builds up quickly, esp on the pavillion. I have always loved a good steam cleaning, and I am considering a steam cleaner for home. I''ve read here the Jewel Jet is the way to go - is that still the concensus? If so where did you get yours and are you happy with it so far? I see them on Amazon, etc for about $100 but also on SkyMall for less than that - is there a difference in the models that anyone knows of? Thank you in advance for the help -

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I don''t have anything to add, as I''m in the market for one, too, but I''m glad you posted the question! Will be eyeballing the thread quietly from over here to see what people report ....

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
P.S. - just noticed the visual similarity - love your icon!
41.gif

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2010 6:06:21 PM
Author: Circe
P.S. - just noticed the visual similarity - love your icon!
41.gif

Thanks! Love yours too. :)

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I sell the Jewel Jet’s for $90 and it’s a fine little tool. Nearly everyone who gets one is happy with it. Nothing else comes close to a steamer in terms of cleaning jewelry, especially diamonds. If you want to shop around I’ve seen them on ebay and elsewhere for a little bit less. I would avoid buying a used one and, frankly, I think it’s better than the Gem-Oro, their main competitor.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
I have the Jewel Jet and absolutely love it! I clean my diamond with a small brush and the conessiours (red small liquid jewelry cleaner)..I then run it under warm water and pat dry, finally I use my jewel jet and it comes out so sparklin'' clean!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a Jewel Jet and don''t use it all the time (I generally soak my jewelry daily in the pink stuff or windex) but on weekends I will steam my jewelry and it does come out cleaner than when I just soak it in cleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results