shape
carat
color
clarity

stats on old stone cuts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay... I have a question that I hope those of you who can answer, will...

... for those of you who have old stones or old cut stone (OMC & OEC) and have any sort of geeky number crunching sort of info on them like sarins etc, could you post them? Like crown angles and crown heights and pavillion angles and depths and girdle info...

I can get my fill on number info on rounds quite easily but as yet I have not seen ONE, not ONE, set of number info on *any* old cut stone.

Scott Terence

Shiny_Rock
Here are the stats of my OMC off of the cert...

Depth - 74.6%
Table - 50%
Crown - 26.3%
Pavillion - 46.2%
Girdle - very thin - medium
Fluor - strong blue (my favorite)

And here is an ASET I took to give you a sense of performance :) Hope this helps

Scott

britaseta.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s an old thread about my OEC. It is very picture intense with IS, Sarin report and photos.

Weight: 0.88 ct
Diameter 6.05 mm
Depth 63%
Pav Depth 41.2%
Pav Angle 39.7%
Crown H 18.3%
Crn Angle 38.5%
Table 54.3%
Culet Large (GIA report says small)
Girdle Thin-Thk

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2006 3:53:09 PM
Author: Scott 00
Here are the stats of my OMC off of the cert...

Depth - 74.6%
Table - 50%
Crown - 26.3%
Pavillion - 46.2%
Girdle - very thin - medium
Fluor - strong blue (my favorite)

And here is an ASET I took to give you a sense of performance :) Hope this helps

Scott
omg I looked at your other threads/pictures and I am just in love with your stone... I *love* the strong blue flour, I *love* that tiny table, I *love* that huge crown, I *love* the way the culet reflects in the crown facets... hot damn... what is the carat size and L/W/D info? That is just gorgeous scott... just beautiful!!!! May I ask where you got it? Do you have it set? What size is that culet considered? I think it''s the perfect size. Poo-poo on the culet haters!! lol

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2006 3:53:09 PM

Scott
I''m not familiar with ASET - do the different colors mean something? I saw your ideal scope of the stone and it really had great light return I thought! Is it super firey?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2006 4:11:42 PM
Author: Chrono
Here''s an old thread about my OEC. It is very picture intense with IS, Sarin report and photos.

Weight: 0.88 ct
Diameter 6.05 mm
Depth 63%
Pav Depth 41.2%
Pav Angle 39.7%
Crown H 18.3%
Crn Angle 38.5%
Table 54.3%
Culet Large (GIA report says small)
Girdle Thin-Thk
Holy contrast batman! look at that IS!!! that ring is beautiful too!! I love that poinsettia sort of look that well cut OMC/OEC have in the middle... that second stone in your thread isn''t quite as nice... but it still has better IS light return than I would have expected prior to this thread.

OMG you guys this is awesome! keep it coming!!! Thank you :)

Scott Terence

Shiny_Rock
Hi Cerha!

emangel.gif
Thanks so much for the compliments about my stone.

I actually got two OMCs last November one for me and the other for my mom. I ended up keeping the smaller but more precisely faceted stone (being that I love patterns), and I figured my mom could use the more sizeable stone. My mom and I even went so far as naming them hehehe ... the one posted here is called Iceberg (due to its white face up) and the other which is an N color with SBF takes on an electric yellow green appearance in the sunlight, reminded us of the drink Mountain Dew and so that is the name of the other one.

The stone is an antique as per the vendor (James Allen/DCD and Rick Shatz).

1.15 cts L color SI1
6.19 x 5.86 x 4.37 mm for the dimensions

A funny thing is that I learned alot from PS prior to making the purchases however I failed to get an IS before seeing the stones in person, so that baby was picked with just my eyes and a trusty loupe. Strangely enough, while I am pretty adept at finding inclusions (work with microscopes as part of my job), with this stone its more than eyeclean since I have yet to find the imperfections. I guess I lucked out.

EGL-USA called the culet to be "medium", which I think is very attractive, you can see it but you arent leaking too much light.

As for the setting, I''ll keep you posted. I am currently working with Mark T from ERD on a custom ring for myself. I think it will do the stone justice, but you all can tell me when things get finalized :)

The ASET, while the hues are altered due to my light source, basically indicates that a good portion is being reflected right back at the viewer, and that there is nice contrast in that cross pattern. But in the end, YES my lil pet rock is very good at displaying fire, even under office lighting (albeit subdued).

Oh and just for fun I am posting the pics of the two stones under UV lighting, hope you enjoy!

glow.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2006 6:08:14 PM
Hi Cerha!

emangel.gif
Thanks so much for the compliments about my stone.

I actually got two OMCs last November one for me and the other for my mom. I ended up keeping the smaller but more precisely faceted stone (being that I love patterns), and I figured my mom could use the more sizeable stone. My mom and I even went so far as naming them hehehe ... the one posted here is called Iceberg (due to its white face up) and the other which is an N color with SBF takes on an electric yellow green appearance in the sunlight, reminded us of the drink Mountain Dew and so that is the name of the other one.

The stone is an antique as per the vendor (James Allen/DCD and Rick Shatz).

1.15 cts L color SI1
6.19 x 5.86 x 4.37 mm for the dimensions

A funny thing is that I learned alot from PS prior to making the purchases however I failed to get an IS before seeing the stones in person, so that baby was picked with just my eyes and a trusty loupe. Strangely enough, while I am pretty adept at finding inclusions (work with microscopes as part of my job), with this stone its more than eyeclean since I have yet to find the imperfections. I guess I lucked out.

EGL-USA called the culet to be ''medium'', which I think is very attractive, you can see it but you arent leaking too much light.

As for the setting, I''ll keep you posted. I am currently working with Mark T from ERD on a custom ring for myself. I think it will do the stone justice, but you all can tell me when things get finalized :)

The ASET, while the hues are altered due to my light source, basically indicates that a good portion is being reflected right back at the viewer, and that there is nice contrast in that cross pattern. But in the end, YES my lil pet rock is very good at displaying fire, even under office lighting (albeit subdued).

Oh and just for fun I am posting the pics of the two stones under UV lighting, hope you enjoy!
omg I do I do I do!!!! I don''t know which one I like better! They both have qualities I love... I love the more rectangular look, but I love the polish on yours... I love that the pav facets are a bit more uniform in your mom''s, but I love the small table in yours... yikes! no wonder you got them both!! I love that, mt dew LOL So yours is an L and it is still that white? I was looking at H-K range but that L isn''t scary at all!! Those were EGL certs too?

OMG those are awesome... I keep doing searches all the time on rounds but when these OMC pop up my heart goes pitter pat... yowza! Thank you! I''m going to go back later and read every post in your thread... if you have more pics do share them either here or there! I love them!!

Scott Terence

Shiny_Rock
So here is a pic I posted of Iceberg where I shot the stone using a white reflector in a diffuse sunlight lit room. Its pretty icey to me, but ofcourse next to my reference ideal cut Cz, its warm but I think the fire and pretty patterning are what I tend to see most.
icediffref.jpg

Scott Terence

Shiny_Rock
here is another, I sure do enjoy photographing these sparkly objects... oh and that blueish tinge on the stone is the fluor doing its thing
10.gif

whiteL.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2006 6:49:56 PM
here is another, I sure do enjoy photographing these sparkly objects... oh and that blueish tinge on the stone is the fluor doing its thing
10.gif
I''m just over the mooon with your stone....

... I''m really hoping others will chime in their examples. It''s so tough to find info on OMC. One thing I notice is how big your crown is... that''s really awesome!!

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/23/2006 3:42:31 PM
Author:Cehrabehra

... for those of you who have old stones or old cut stone (OMC & OEC) and have any sort of geeky number crunching sort of info on them like sarins etc, could you post them? Like crown angles and crown heights and pavillion angles and depths and girdle info...

I can get my fill on number info on rounds quite easily but as yet I have not seen ONE, not ONE, set of number info on *any* old cut stone.
Cehra,

OMC''s were cut in so many different formula''s

I have seen gorgeous OMC''s from the mid 50''s to the low 80''s (in total depth %)
Angles vary from (crown= 27 deg. to nearly 50 degrees).
(pavilion= 33 degrees to over 50 degrees.)

Table % go well in the range of lower 40%''s to (in my opinion) 53% MAX.

Now you must understand that all these numbers and formulas play an important role on the mixture of all categories on one stone.
For example, a 48 degree crown angle with a 20% crown height can look gorgeous with a 38 to 42 degree pavilion. at the same time incorperating a smaller table around the 48 %.

There are so many different ways to cut a beautifull OMC.

In OEC you are much more limited with these play''s, (because it is a round outline) but you can get nice results with the range of the brillianteering in combination with the play of the table size.

I hope you understand some of my mumbo-jumbo i am trying to explain.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/24/2006 9:58:54 AM
Author: DiaGem

Date: 8/23/2006 3:42:31 PM
Author:Cehrabehra

Cehra,

OMC''s were cut in so many different formula''s

I have seen gorgeous OMC''s from the mid 50''s to the low 80''s (in total depth %)
Angles vary from (crown= 27 deg. to nearly 50 degrees).
(pavilion= 33 degrees to over 50 degrees.)

Table % go well in the range of lower 40%''s to (in my opinion) 53% MAX.

Now you must understand that all these numbers and formulas play an important role on the mixture of all categories on one stone.
For example, a 48 degree crown angle with a 20% crown height can look gorgeous with a 38 to 42 degree pavilion. at the same time incorperating a smaller table around the 48 %.

There are so many different ways to cut a beautifull OMC.

In OEC you are much more limited with these play''s, (because it is a round outline) but you can get nice results with the range of the brillianteering in combination with the play of the table size.

I hope you understand some of my mumbo-jumbo i am trying to explain.
I do Diagem, I''m just trying to get some idea of what produces the look of the culet reflecting in the kite facets and other crown facets on the stone... I don''t want brilliance really, I want contrast/scint and fire. These are still my two fav pictures... top one is first then 2nd one is second... but I''ve seen a lot of beautiful ones... even the old scarred ones just attract the hell out of my heart strings. I really want one on my finger LOL

2niceOMCs.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results