shape
carat
color
clarity

Starting the search... Now.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

limonade

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone.

Like so many people before me and at least one species of penguin, it''s now my turn to start looking for that special stone for my special someone.
I''m hoping to hear your suggestions on the following criteria:

- Square (princess, cushion, others...)
- Cut has to be ideal, preferably H&A
- Eye clean, and preferably VS or better
- I''m hoping in the colorless range, but I might budge on that
- 1.5 to 2 ct.
- Under 20K

Realistic?

I''m looking at GOG, and would welcome alternatives you may find worthy.

For the setting, I''m still undecided between a Tiffany replica or a Mark Morrell (still need to probe her a bit). MM seems very busy right now, though.

Thanks in advance

1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Limonade,

You are definitely on the right track looking at GOG, what I would suggest is to contact Jon ( he is great to work with) at GOG, tell him your requirements and see what he can come up with.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''re definitely on the right track! I would offer a couple small suggestions. Open up to G''s, they are a great color choice for almost any size and shape, and maybe consider SI1''s. There are many stones in that clarity that are totally eyeclean, the key is getting a vendor that knows what to look for and how to evaluate them, and you have that with GOG! These two things will open up a lot more possibilities, and allow you to either go larger, or save some moolah.
28.gif

limonade

Rough_Rock
Lorelei, Ellen, thank you for your advices.

I got a few suggestions back from GOG. Here are 2 for which I''m leaning towards the No category. Please let me know if it''s a mistake.

first
This one had inclusions that appeared on the Xray, ASET and Arrow scans, which is a bit much for me.

Second
This one I''m a bit less certain. The cloud and needle on the right side are visible on the picture. On the other hand, the picture is (unfortunately
9.gif
) strongly magnified. I don''t know how it would look in real life.

Thanks again for the help.
L.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/19/2009 3:59:28 AM
Author: limonade
Lorelei, Ellen, thank you for your advices.

I got a few suggestions back from GOG. Here are 2 for which I''m leaning towards the No category. Please let me know if it''s a mistake.

first
This one had inclusions that appeared on the Xray, ASET and Arrow scans, which is a bit much for me.

Second
This one I''m a bit less certain. The cloud and needle on the right side are visible on the picture. On the other hand, the picture is (unfortunately
9.gif
) strongly magnified. I don''t know how it would look in real life.

Thanks again for the help.
L.
I wouldn''t be too hasty in dropping them without a good chat with Jon concerning the inclusions. It isn''t really possible to judge by the images, ask Jon if these are visible to the naked eye from any angle or at any distance - he will be honest with you and get his daughter to check also - whom I believe has near bionic eyesight! If they do turn out to be eyeclean but just knowing the inclusions are there bothers you, then see what is available in VS or up.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 5:29:21 AM
Author: Lorelei

I wouldn''t be too hasty in dropping them without a good chat with Jon concerning the inclusions. It isn''t really possible to judge by the images, ask Jon if these are visible to the naked eye from any angle or at any distance - he will be honest with you and get his daughter to check also - whom I believe has near bionic eyesight! If they do turn out to be eyeclean but just knowing the inclusions are there bothers you, then see what is available in VS or up.
This is exactly what I was going to say. The pics can be scary, because yes, they are maginified hugely. They are also static, the actual diamond and its brightness/scintillation will be helping to mask the inclusions. They absolutely have to be looked at in person. If you like them, and were only disregarding for the clarity, have Jon and his daughter look them over. If both are totally eyeclean, I''d go for the biggest. They both look great!
30.gif

And just to help you with a small visualization, this is closer to what you''d really be looking at with the first one.
28.gif

jube010.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/19/2009 7:04:33 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 4/19/2009 5:29:21 AM
Author: Lorelei

This is exactly what I was going to say. The pics can be scary, because yes, they are maginified hugely. They are also static, the actual diamond and its brightness/scintillation will be helping to mask the inclusions. They absolutely have to be looked at in person. If you like them, and were only disregarding for the clarity, have Jon and his daughter look them over. If both are totally eyeclean, I''d go for the biggest. They both look great!
30.gif

And just to help you with a small visualization, this is closer to what you''d really be looking at with the first one.
28.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results