carat
color
clarity

Starting the hunt for a birthday/anniversary gift

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey all,

The winter is busy for us, we have my birthday, DH’s birthday, older son’s birthday and our wedding anniversary. All these occasions are between January 11th and March 17th!

Anyways I’ve started poking around because….well any excuse to window shop right? I’ve come across a ring that I’m considering, it is not graded but it has a .70 OEC center with additional diamonds on the side, the setting is white gold, I have verified no chips to the diamonds.

These are the best pictures I have, thoughts on how the center looks? I know this is a common design but I’m really partial to these vintage engagement rings.
633E6A9D-52C0-494D-8BCC-37E2207271AA.jpeg

F9546F29-3CA7-4859-AA1D-3DF396415856.jpeg

E1695282-80AE-41C5-AEAB-CDA5C9776AE6.jpeg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a beauty!!
I bet it's super blingy on the finger!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a beauty!!
I bet it's super blingy on the finger!

You know the only thing about these rings is they are really all over the map on price. I’m still looking around, not in a rush but it’s a contender.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know the only thing about these rings is they are really all over the map on price. I’m still looking around, not in a rush but it’s a contender.

Yeah, some vendors think their stuff is really special ......
It's maddening, but people must be paying those prices. There's a certain IG vendor who has nice vintage pieces, but the prices are ridiculous!
I mean a little 14k opal ring that I could get at the pawn shop or eBay for $79, they are asking $350!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh this is really pretty!! The center diamond looks good to my eye. I like that the side stones are a good size. Agree with @stracci2000, it will be a sparkler! Window shopping is so much fun!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I think it’s really pretty but honestly is there any other shape that you gravitate toward? Not because this piece is not beautiful but now in your collection you have a lot of round stones of similar size. I think I would want something that’s really different but it’s all a matter of personal preference.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17, any excuse to look at pretty jewelry right?

@Mreader, I know it looks like I’m a one trick pony lol! Funny thing is when I got engaged it was a princess cut because I wanted something other than a round. Now that is my favorite, but maybe I need to branch out a bit.

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I think you'd be a big fan of Ivy & Rose

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@junebug17, any excuse to look at pretty jewelry right?

@Mreader, I know it looks like I’m a one trick pony lol! Funny thing is when I got engaged it was a princess cut because I wanted something other than a round. Now that is my favorite, but maybe I need to branch out a bit.

Do you gravitate toward colored stones at all?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok. I’m going to have to agree with @Mreader here. I have to wonder why you sold fancy pants and now you want this one! I loved fancy pants. And also, I loved the shield you sold previously. I know that as Pser’s we all have our predilections, but what is your end goal with your collection?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok. I’m going to have to agree with @Mreader here. I have to wonder why you sold fancy pants and now you want this one! I loved fancy pants. And also, I loved the shield you sold previously. I know that as Pser’s we all have our predilections, but what is your end goal with your collection?

I know that people were really surprised I sold fancy pants but truth was it was a bit too much for me, not easy to stack with either. However she looked so perfect in that setting that I didn’t want to reset so instead I passed her on to someone who loved her as is.

Shield ring? You might be talking about the one that I have on consignment with Grace. Technically I still own it for now, but again not easy for me to wear because my fingers aren’t long and can’t stack with it.

A lot of my rings I can’t stack easily and that means they end up as right hand exclusives. As for an end goal…don’t have one, I just enjoy the hunt. It seems like I am someone who likes to try all different things, the ones that work for me stay and the ones that don’t end up getting passed on.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mreader, I have to thank you for suggesting trying something different to spice things up. I had a look through my favorites on Etsy and found something. It has a colored stone center that is not round and dates to the 1930’s!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@Mreader, I have to thank you for suggesting trying something different to spice things up. I had a look through my favorites on Etsy and found something. It has a colored stone center that is not round and dates to the 1930’s!

Oooooo exciting! Are you definitely going for it? If so don’t show us until you buy (snipers).

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooo exciting! Are you definitely going for it? If so don’t show us until you buy (snipers).

Yes, definitely getting it, the seller (so nice) discounted the price since I bought through IG instead of Etsy.

Oh, maybe I should wait to share until my actual birthday! ;)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results