shape
carat
color
clarity

Starting new job Monday

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
:wavey: Hi Rainwood! Thank you! I'm actually going to be in your neck of the woods late September for a business trip. I'll be in Reston. Might you have the time/inclination/ interest to meet up with me somewhere for a drink? My treat!

How are you?

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gypsy said:
:wavey: Hi Rainwood! Thank you! I'm actually going to be in your neck of the woods late September for a business trip. I'll be in Reston. Might you have the time/inclination/ interest to meet up with me somewhere for a drink? My treat!

How are you?

Hey, Gypsy! I'm doing fine. My husband has had to go back into treatment for his leukemia which is a bummer, but we're glad we live in a place with world-class health care for his disease. Most people have to come so far and we're right here!

As for meeting up, do you by chance mean Renton rather than Reston? I'd love to meet you for a drink if the date and timing work out. I just need it not to conflict with one of DH's treatment days and won't know what days those will be for awhile. Can the mods do a PM thingy for us?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Gypsy!!! Well done!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Good luck in your new job!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Huzzah!

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
rainwood said:
Gypsy said:

How are you?

Hey, Gypsy! I'm doing fine. My husband has had to go back into treatment for his leukemia which is a bummer, but we're glad we live in a place with world-class health care for his disease. Most people have to come so far and we're right here!

As for meeting up, do you by chance mean Renton rather than Reston? I'd love to meet you for a drink if the date and timing work out. I just need it not to conflict with one of DH's treatment days and won't know what days those will be for awhile. Can the mods do a PM thingy for us?

I apologize but we are unable to do this. But we do have a new forum for Get Togethers that is visible to members only, the forum is not in the drop down menu and appears as if it does not exist if you are not a logged in member. Please contact me if you would like me to begin a thread there.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I'm so pleased for you :appl: Many congrats on the new job!!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Gypsy and good luck at the new job!

I think you'll like the .30 pointers. I used that size for my five stone. It's a just right size. What size is your finger?

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Best of luck--I hope you love it.

I have an interview on Monday--my first in 2 months!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, well done and good luck!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats, that is wonderful news :appl:

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Hey Gypsy! So how's the new job going? :)

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Gypsy!!!! I hope you're enjoying the new job!!!! :appl:

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
I love hearing good news like this. May the job be everything you are hoping it will be AND MORE!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! I have be out for a while, what are you going to be doing?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone! Thank you so very VERY much for the well wishes. I'm sorry to be MIA. I started getting emails for the new job on Friday and since then things have been pretty much non-stop. So far, it's really interesting. I haven't met any of my team members or been to my work site, I'm training out of the SF office and the company has so many employees that no one I've met yet is someone I'll be interacting with on a daily basis. I meet my boss tomorrow though, so fingers crossed. The learning curve is enormous, even as an experienced hire. But so far so good! On Tuesday I'll actually be at my own office and will meet my co-workers. So I'm very excited.

Thank you everyone, so very much for all the great vibes.. through the interview process, then the background check and now through my first week. I know that with my friends behind me I will be sucessful.

It's funny as part of my training (standard operating procedure for companies) I had a big review of harrassment and discrimination policies and... It was so eye opening. I realized how unhappy I was at my last job because I was really bullied there. Both by my co-workers and by my bosses. There were so many 'insidious' senarios that upon reflection just made me more and more introverted and more and more afraid to interact with anyone or trust. It was funny to reflect and learn from that. I know this job is going to be better because well... I'm more educated and experienced now. Not just with the job fundementals, but with co-worker relations and peer to peer interaction. I know to trust my gut and that when something doesn't feel right, there is a reason for it. And that I can't ignore it, but have to address it. And I believe I've learned (at least on a basic level) how to address it in a positive way. Fingers crossed. And many hugs to you all.

I've met so many wonderful people as a result of this place and reading your posts just reinforces to me what a great place this is, and how much I value you all.

Rainwood, look like there are unexplored parts of PS 2.0 I'm going to be investingating. Hope to see you "there" too.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG. Embarrassed. For some reason I thought you were in Reston VA. Not in WA state. But right outside DC. Sorry Rainwood. Sorry Ella. My bad. Thank goodness for Google maps.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amber St. Clare said:
Best of luck--I hope you love it.

I have an interview on Monday--my first in 2 months!

Amber how did it go? I've got my fingers crossed and dust for you!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's great to hear you sound so positive about your new job, Gypsy! I read your most recent post and I was nodding my head because I've been in the exact same situation you described regarding your former job. Being treated so horribly in the work place can take a HUGE toll on someone, so it's important to listen to and trust your gut, and then follow through with doing what is right for YOU. I'm really happy that you've found something that sounds interesting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results