shape
carat
color
clarity

Starting new job Monday

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I KNOW, I just KNOW that it is because of your support and dust and friendship that everything went through with the background, credit, and body cavity (joking but it felt that way) check for the new job. Not to mention all the (9!) interviews.

I start on Monday. And I just picked my first .30 pointer for my Garland band, new job present! http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamo ... 4045953076 now I need 4 more and we'll get the rest of the band done before December.

((HUGS)) and SO MANY THANKS TO YOU ALL!

=)

SO relieved.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Gypsy!! So happy for you - good luck at the new job! :appl:

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Congrats, Gypsy! :appl:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Gypsy!!!! I am so glad it all worked out after all of the stress involved with the background checks etc. So worth it in the end! And I am curious to hear more about your Garland ring project...do you have a thread on it? I love bethany frankel's wedding ring and was thinking about taking some loose stones I have and maybe build my own. I would love to hear more about it!!! Congrats again! best of luck on Monday! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woohoo!!!! Congrats Gypsy!!! So thrilled for you!!! Best of luck on Monday!!! :appl: :appl: :wavey:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, 9 interviews for this one position, Gypsy? That's crazy! Best of luck to you on Monday!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Gypsy!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Gypsy!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats Gypsy! Can't wait to see the new bling too. :love:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Lavender! And Thing2, And LizzyAnn (I'll link you), and Kaleigh, and Zoe (yes 9!!! and they brought out the rubber hoses for the background check too!), and ChinaCat, and Kimberly and lyra.

I am excited. It's going to be a good change of pace for me. And it means better health insurance for John's surgery. Which is huge.

Lizzy, here is the thread. Despite the overwhelming majority of votes for the Dana band, I'm going for the Garland (or an inspired by version that tweaks the original design a bit) band because I really love it.

rockytalky/daydreaming-follow-up-help-me-choose-a-band-t148387.html

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the job & the bling! I think you mis-typed on the other thread & said you were getting an "inspired by Dana" band. Whichever, can't wait to see it!

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Yay! That is great news, Gypsy! I was crossing my fingers for you. I hope everything goes wonderfully on Monday and that the job is everything you hope it will be. I am excited to see your garland band--you really couldn't go wrong with that and the Dana band as your options.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woohoo! Congrats, Gypsy!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
congrats Gypsy!! :appl: :appl: the next round of drinks is on you. :bigsmile:

btw,nice stone!! :love:

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, my Gypsy girl!!! I hope you love, love, love working there. :appl: :wavey:

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh gypsy I'm just thrilled for you!! I know the last year has been tough on you and this is just going to open things wide up for you and hopefully all of that stress will just float away :)

Congrats on starting your ring!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: I'm so happy for you! I hope the job is everything you wanted it to be!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Yay, congrats! Best of luck to you! :appl:

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS! :appl:

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Good luck Gypsy!!!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Deco! Yes, I meant the Garland. I just want the feeling of having something just SHINE diamonds at me. I adore the Dana band, but it is similar in style to my pendant, so I have a piece with that feel and wanted to go in a different direction.

Thank you Lulu!

Thank you Kitty, I'm really excited. Monday -Wednesday will be orientation and training. So I'm not really going to get a feel for things till later in the week. But I really hope I love it too.

Thank you Kama!

Thank you DF... drinks are definitely on me. And thanks... I'm really hoping to do the band in all G SI 30 pointers. So we'll see.

Thank you so much Isaku... you are always such a wonderful supporter. ((HUGS)) and many many kisses.

Thank you Cehra, yeah it's been a rough year. It really has. I've got a couple hurdles in front on me, but I'm finally feeling optimistic. Once John is on the road to recovery I'll be able to breath completely. But for now... this is huge. ((HUGS)) honey.

Thank you Packrat! I hope so too. LOL.

Thank you Tuckins and Anchor.

BEG... I talked to the recruiter, if you are interested despite the experience there *might* be a fit if you've got the interest, so I am happy to forward a resume for you hon. I know how tough it is right now for you, and I've got my fingers crossed!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Aww thanks Gyspy! And I will definitely e-mail you my resume - thanks for thinking of me!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Of course honey. Any time. I just hope something comes of it.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy said:
Of course honey. Any time. I just hope something comes of it.

I really appreciate it. I sent you an e-mail :)

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on the new job, Gypsy. I think you should get another diamond after you get your first paycheck. :tongue:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Fly Girl, I WILL just have to do that. :Up_to_something:

BEG, will check. ((HUGS))

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
WoopWoop!!

Apparently they did not find out about your illicit drug pushing here on PS, which is all for the better.

Can you give a general hint as to the nature of the job?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL. I'm a contract manager. My first job was in Supply Chain managing direct sourcing contracts, negotiating and drafting and stuff. Second job was basically the same, but for a Procurement Department (indirect sourcing). This is different. I'm still a contracts manger but I'm a post award manager. I'll be managing a huge contract with a major customer of my company. Not a lot of negotiating but plenty of drafting for addendums and statements of work. And a TON of due diligence and making sure all deliverables and other aspects of the services we render are in compliance with the contract. It's exciting because it will involve working closely with a team and traveling plus learning new skills. The pay is lower than I was making (by 15%-- which surprised both me and the company when they sent the offer over, apparently someone had gotten my salary requirements wrong) but the company has great benefits and amazing PTO, plus everyone I've talked to has been just great. So I'm really just babbling at this point. Sorry. Point is, it's similar to what I was doing, but also very different. I'll be less of a paper pusher and more of a project manager in this role.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, Gypsy! Knock 'em dead or at least dazzle them with your intellect!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results