shape
carat
color
clarity

starting e-cigs on the way to no-cigs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Keep at it Karl, you can do this!!
1.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yay for you, Karl! I switched to the e-cig in August of 08, and I''ve basically quit using it completely at this point - not consciously, just the addiction tapering off. You can do it! If you need to go up a strength with the nicotine as you taper down, do it, go at your own pace: eventually, your body just stops needing it as badly. You can do it!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
You can DO this, Karl. Like they say in the Loreal advert, because you're worth it...

And so is Wifey2b, but you know that.
2.gif

Do it! It is possible. If I can do it, you can do it.

Good luck with the next few days, let us know how you're getting on, yeah?

Jen

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ordered some awesome tasting apple/cinnamon and am allergic to it.
It drove my asthma nuts after a couple hours.
Now I cant vape anything because I get a reaction to stuff I had been using with no problems.
I hope that goes away because analogs stink.

If you have allergies/asthma and want to try it be real careful what you buy and try it in small doses first.
Not doing that led to one of the worst asthma attacks I have had in years and if I didn''t have a neutralizer would have been in the ER because my inhaler would not stop it.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/12/2009 10:06:13 PM
Author: Karl_K
Now I cant vape anything because I get a reaction to stuff I had been using with no problems.

If you have allergies/asthma and want to try it be real careful what you buy and try it in small doses first.
Not doing that led to one of the worst asthma attacks I have had in years and if I didn''t have a neutralizer would have been in the ER because my inhaler would not stop it.
Oh no....Thank goodness you are ok!!!!!!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I just saw this thread after I posted!
How are the e cigs goin?
I know Lorelei checks here so just wanted to thank her for all the support she gave me a year ago and onward and now a year later I''m smoke free, so thank you so much lorelei :)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2009 6:46:24 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 12/12/2009 10:06:13 PM
Author: Karl_K

Oh no....Thank goodness you are ok!!!!!!
ditto, how scary Karl.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/15/2009 5:30:48 PM
Author: Smurfyimproved
I just saw this thread after I posted!
How are the e cigs goin?
I know Lorelei checks here so just wanted to thank her for all the support she gave me a year ago and onward and now a year later I''m smoke free, so thank you so much lorelei :)
Smurfy - MANY congratulations!!!!!!! It feels good doesn''t it?! I am really proud of you in kicking this, its not easy but its so worth it!!!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Just checking to read your recommendations on this product. Do you feel it works, Karl?

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Not sure if people are still hanging around this thread, but...
I have an e-cig.
1.gif

It''s the Yeti--which I''m pretty sure is the same one that Karl has, just a different name.
To be honest, I haven''t used it that much, but that is about to change.
When I first got it, like Karl, I noticed that I didn''t get that "high" in the morning, which is something that I really missed. And that is so CRAZY since that "high" is basically my body starving itself of oxygen.
It''s also hard to get into the habit of e-cigs. For example, I only smoke outside...but with the e-cig you can smoke INSIDE. So I''d use the e-cig and feel like I was really missing something because I couldn''t feel the nicotine. So I''d go outside and smoke a real cig and then basically feel like I was about to die of a nicotine overdose.

So when I start using it again (I have 3 real cigs left in my pack), I''m going to try a different approach--I''m going to go outside to smoke the e-cig. Basically re-creating all of my normal "habits" but just substituting the device.

I have the strawberry flavored nic juice right now, but it doesn''t taste like anything to me. BUT that could be because real cigs have destroyed my taste buds.

I agree with Karl that once you use the e-cig for a while, regular cigarettes taste DISGUSTING. But as every smoker knows, you pretty much block out the taste for the drug after a while (or else, how would anyone start smoking in the first place?) So I really think it''s important to stay on top of it, and keep real cigs out of the house. Even if you have to get your SO to run to the corner store for you for milk. Just don''t allow yourself to be tempted.

Karl, have you tried talking to a doctor about what ingredient in nic-juice made your asthma flare up? There are a thousand companies selling different types of juice. Maybe you can find a different concoction that will allow you to keep using the e-cig.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/12/2010 12:46:12 PM
Author: Starset Princess
Just checking to read your recommendations on this product. Do you feel it works, Karl?
yes it works and works well to replace cigarettes.
Unfortunately I haven't been upholding my end of it since the incident with the reaction to the juice but I am getting back into it again.
I found a mix I really like and am going for it again.
The biggest problem is that I enjoy smoking and while the e-cig is like it it is not exactly the same..
I feel when I want to quit it will help me quit and I am at that point again.

Do a google search for e-cigarette-forum and click the first link and you will find a ton of support.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results