shape
carat
color
clarity

starting e-cigs on the way to no-cigs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
510s are in the charger right now for the initial 8 hour charge.

I'm going to slowly work down to 0 nicotine juice.
It worked for a friend of mine over the last 5 months.
He started out with 24mg then 18mg then 8mg then started substituting 0 for every 3rd one then every other then to just 0 then when he gets the urge to smoke he just does some 0 nicotine apple flavor hits on the e-cig and is down to a couple times a week on that.

He said he felt a lot better after 2 weeks even when he was doing the nicotine ones compared to analogs.

Wish me luck :}

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh Karl that is great, I am wishing you lots and lots of LUCK!!! You can do it!!! I will be cheering you on friend!!!
12.gif
Go Karl go Karl go Karl!
35.gif
prayers outgoing too!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can do this!!! I know you can and we will be supporting you with each step. I have heard of them but don''t know much about them. Best of luck Karl!!!!
36.gif
35.gif

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
thanks!!!
35.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh is absolutely right, Karl!!! You definitely can do this!
36.gif
36.gif
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YOU CAN DO THIS KARL!!!!!!!!!!! I quit over 3 years ago now and if I can do it, anyone can!!!!!

I can promise you it will be worth it Pal!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
510''s? I have greensmoke (3 days in) but am willing to look at other brands
2.gif

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/17/2009 10:55:08 AM
Author: iwannaprettyone
2.gif
http://www.cignot.com/product_p/kit-510-pcc.htm

510 is the type, there are several companies making them and all the parts interchange.
They are rated #1 for beginners at the e-cig forums.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Well done you!!!

A lot of good things have been happening to you lately, Karl and you totally deserve it. Good luck to you!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good Luck Karl! Like Lorelei, I quit a few years ago (and still miss them to this day), but I know how awful cigs are and how good it is to be free of their addictive grip. I have a friend who used the e-cig (they weren''t around when I quit) and it worked great for him. So, from all of us x-smokers, we know you can do it and are happy for you...........

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best of luck!!!

I thought I''d mention, that if you haven''t talked to your physician about it, you might want to. Some studies show that people are more likely to quit if they are on more than one type of nicotine replacement therapy, so it would be nice to know what other additional tools you might be able to take advantage of to help you quit!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How are you getting on?
35.gif

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/18/2009 5:11:37 AM
Author: Lorelei
How are you getting on?
35.gif
not to bad, have some analogs left so its been about 50/50 when they are gone not going to get more, I think the ecig will cover it.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/18/2009 6:05:53 PM
Author: Karl_K

Date: 11/18/2009 5:11:37 AM
How are you getting on?
35.gif
not to bad, have some analogs left so its been about 50/50 when they are gone not going to get more, I think the ecig will cover it.
So you find the ecigs really work? This is great that FINALLY there is something that really makes it easier!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2009 10:55:08 AM
Author: iwannaprettyone
2.gif
Congrats, how are you doing Iwanna?
36.gif

Yay Karl!!!
36.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FYI..........the friend I know who used the ecig, also used the patch at the same time. His doctor recommended it and it really seemed to work effortlessly for him. And for those who find nothing works, there's an actual nicotine vaccine that should be out within the next year. It should be the absolute easiest method for anyone wanting to quit. What I read said that nicotine makes it from the blood to the brain in a matter of seconds and that's what triggers the brain to have that "feel good" sensation (isn't it amazing that something that is so bad for you, can shorten your life significantly and ultimately kill you is pleasurable) will be completely blocked by the vaccine. Supposedly, the vaccine will create "antibodies" that when nicotine enters the blood attaches to the nicotine molecules and they become too large to make it the brain. In other words, someone who smokes, won't find it a pleasurable experience anymore and simply won't crave the nicotine any longer. Man I wish this was available when I went through cold turkey hell..............Anyway, glad to see you're at 50/50. I hope you're 100% cig free sooner, than later. And do ask your doctor if you can use the patch at the same time..........It might increase your chances of success.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
so far so good.
Hardest is right after waking up don''t get that huge nico hit from a ecig.
It takes longer.
overall not to bad, had to order some more batteries they arent lasting very long.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Just a though - you might want to keep a piece of nicotine gum handy for that first hit? I do that still, over 2 years after quitting. My morning fix. The mint stuff is quite nice.

Good luck.

Jen

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/19/2009 9:42:11 PM
so far so good.
Hardest is right after waking up don''t get that huge nico hit from a ecig.
It takes longer.
overall not to bad, had to order some more batteries they arent lasting very long.
Keep going Karl!!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats and good luck! I''m glad to hear it''s going well!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I cheated a little bit and bummed a couple cigs but they tasted nasty so am back on track.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had no idea I was writing you storm!!........I kind of don''t haunt the diamond side much these days. I''m pretty much just on the HLT every day. All my best to you..........

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/20/2009 6:14:57 PM
I cheated a little bit and bummed a couple cigs but they tasted nasty so am back on track.
You are on your way, just put it behind you!! Doesn''t matter that you took a step back, its all part of the process and I can promise you it will get easier!!!

I couldn''t have quit without Rod''s help so I know what a difference having some support makes. Here I am 3 and a half years later smoke free and you will do it too!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Keep it up Karl!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
how are you doing today? yay my friend; one day at a time, baby steps and you will be there
36.gif

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/21/2009 4:12:20 PM
Author: Skippy123
how are you doing today? yay my friend; one day at a time, baby steps and you will be there
36.gif
not to bad, heading out to my brothers for a turkey dinner! :}
When waking up is the hardest time.
Thinking about finding some stronger juice for that time if it don''t calm down in a few days.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/21/2009 4:39:54 PM

Date: 11/21/2009 4:12:20 PM
Author: Skippy123
36.gif
not to bad, heading out to my brothers for a turkey dinner! :}
When waking up is the hardest time.
Thinking about finding some stronger juice for that time if it don't calm down in a few days.
I used to find after meals my hardest time and breaks between jobs, maybe see if you can increase the strength for the morning and other difficult times but remember it does get easier, every day it gets a little better.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bump - hows it going Karl?
35.gif

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/7/2009 1:59:03 PM
35.gif
so-so
still smoking some real cigs but want to be entirely e-cig before wifey2b gets here the 20th so working on it.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/8/2009 5:50:38 PM

Date: 12/7/2009 1:59:03 PM
35.gif
so-so
still smoking some real cigs but want to be entirely e-cig before wifey2b gets here the 20th so working on it.
Keep going Karl!!! You can do it, take it a day at a time and have faith that you can win this because I know you can!!! I can promise you it will be worth it, I rarely think about cigs now and I never thought THAT was possible!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results