shape
carat
color
clarity

Starburst

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

coconut

Shiny_Rock
I just came across a new cut which I haven''t read much about here at PS...
Is the starburst cut a patented cut, like the Lucida?
Anyone know if the starburst cut is "supposed" to have higher brilliance/fire than some other square cuts??

specs: Cartier 3.11ct Starburst Cut Engagement Ring
Price: $45,000.00
This is a 100% authentic Cartier platinum diamond engagement ring. The ring is set with 3.11ct starburst cut diamond in the center flanked by a trilliant cut diamond on each side. The total weight of the side diamonds is 0.90ct. The color of the diamonds is D and the clarity is SI1. The ring comes with an official cartier appraisal as well as GIA certificate. The ring is size 3 1/2, but can be resized to any size at no extra charge.

site: http://www.newyorkestatejewelry.com/item.cfm?int_item_id=800&category_id=3#

starburst.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''ve never seen the ''starburst'' cut before, but from the picture it looks a lot like a radiant cut to me.
are you thinking of purchasing it?

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I have seen the Starburst Radiants at Neiman Marcus. They were very pretty, but carried a $ premium that IMOH were not worth it. Louis Glick and Doppel (I think that''s the name) are the source. Do a search and you won''t find much info. It seems at one time I was told that the cut emphasizes the color in the stone and may be the reason it is found on yellow stones. Some high end designers use it - I think Michael Beaudry did on some rings that had a yellow diamond as the center stone. I tried several of his on and they were truly gorgeous, but I didn''t want a yellow diamond when I was trying those on. The few Starburst cuts I have seen were more rectangular than square.

coconut

Shiny_Rock
thanx..
Nope I don''t plan on purchasing it...
I was just curious because I''d never came across a "starburst" cut before..

Yes I thought it looked a lot like the radiant cut too....

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Ann hit the nail on the head- Starburst is a variation of a radiant cut marketed by Luois Glick.
The originator of the original Radiant cut never made an attempt to prevent others from cutting radiant cuts.
There are many different facet partterns ont the bottom of different diamonds- all which can be considered radiant cuts- the starburst has one particualr one.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results