shape
carat
color
clarity

starburst radiant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bethann

Rough_Rock
Is a starburst radiant a rare cut to find? Do I have to pay a premium for that extra cut? Still looking a stones and the starburst cut is something else! But don't I lose about 1ct. in the top side because of all the depth in the cut? There is no information on the web about this cut. What's up with it? I'm thinking we want something in the 4ct. range, does that mean I have to pay for 5ct. just to get the size of a 4ct. if I go with a starburst? Thanks to all who post here, I enjoy the talk.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,I haven't seen a starburst cut. It is a trademarked cut and you will, I imagine, pay for that branding. It's hard to say if the fact that the diamond has more facets will make it more beautiful, which is of course a subjective thing. It may be more scintillating in terms of throwing tiny flashes of light. If it is cut deep, you may well be paying for extra weight that is not contributing to the beauty of the stone. You just have to look at them and compare to a well-cut radiant to know what you prefer.Here's a link for you, but there is no good information about the cut proportions-just marketing hype: http://www.louisglick.com/start.htm I hope that helps in some way.
smile.gif

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had Starburst Radiant cut diamonds or ring pictures. I''m also searching for information about the specific cut.
I saw a starburst diamond radiant ring at Cartier and it was so amazing! I tried to search for the cut online but the search was not great.

Thank you!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Here is a pic of the stone itself:

starburst1.jpg

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Here is a very small pic of a starburst with bullets:

starburst-bullets-ring.jpg

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I saw starburst radiants at Neiman Marcus. Every other jeweler did not have a clue what I was talking about. Yes, it was gorgeous, but was a little over 5 ct. and was over $100,000. Ridiculous amount of markup, similar to a Michael Beaudry. Have you looked at Original Radiant Cut?

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for the picture and the information. It''s so hard to find pictures online....I wish we could find more...I would like to know more about the cut & the specifications.

I''ve seen the this particular photo before but I really don''t think it''s half as beautiful as seeing it in person. The ring I saw at Cartier had more facets and was absolutely breathtaking. The extra facets was super sparkly and almost alive! I agree that it''s a little crazy to pay the amount for the specific cut. It''s totally out of my league but I LOVE IT! I figure there''s no harm in dreaming :o)

I''ve seen the original radiant before but the starburst definitely had more fire....

Thank you for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results