shape
carat
color
clarity

Star sapphire rings from Sally!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sally set my unheated star sapphires and created my two most favourite rings. 18k and sterling. I am in love with them and could not have asked for more!

20130511_171231.jpg

20130511_1.jpg

20130511_2.jpg

20130511_152444.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh!! they look beautiful!!! I love the combination of metals on the blue star and the mauve star is GORGEOUS in its simple lotus setting!!! (that is the lotus, isn't it??)

Beautiful!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
They both look beautiful! I love her work.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful and unique!!!! The sapphires are like colored drops of rain with the sun shining on them. They must be fascinating to look at.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
*swoon*

Those are soooooo beautiful. I think I like the lotus one more - the sapphire is such a delicate and unusual color. The gallery on the blue one is gorgeous. :love: :love: :love:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We can be star sapphire ring twins!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! Definitely, Makingthegrade! I am glad you still have yours in your avatar, I adore it and was thinking of it when I had this made and selected the stone. It was hard to find a sapphire with this lavender colour but a bluish hue with good clarity and a high dome. I will try to post more pics to catch the bluish hue. There are black inclusions at the bottom of the sapphire where it looks rough but that just makes it look more mystical, like another world from the top and sides! The other one is quite flat but I loved the clarity and colour, and the setting makes is so perfect! She is also setting a sapphire that you all helped me pick out for our 10 year anniversary coming up. I will keep posting pics! I love this forum :)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so impressed that you managed to find not one but two such nice star sapphires. I love the light one in the lotus setting. Can't wait to see your next sapphire.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Minous! I found them from two separate reputable sellers on ebay. It was hard finding unheated ones with such clarity and colour in my price range! I did spend more than I had planned on them but I don't regret it now! I am lucky to have received two rings from Sally:) It really does feel like a small miracle and I don't know how I will ever take them off! Happy Mother's Day everyone!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really love both your rings --- I had to come back and look again!! The colours of both have me enthralled :))

Would you be willing to share the eBay sellers for the 2 stones?? I can't believe how drawn I am to the lotus ring!! It just seems so fluid and ethereal... I'm fascinated!!!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't mind at all Enerchi! The lavender one was from starruby_in and the blue one was from cresla, both on ebay. :)

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Really gorgeous!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! I don't remember the last time I saw a star sapphire!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the lotus one that Enerchi calls mauve - the color against your skin is amazing and really enhances the stone color. Beautiful.

Tell me, how accurate were the vendors photos to what you see in hand? I am always trying to learn...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those stones are so beautiful!!!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pictures were really accurate! Especially the blue one. the lavender one really didn't show the bluish tints in the picture. They both look better in real life. I was disappointed at first in the blue stone because it was really shallow and much thinner on one end. The way Sally set it you can't even tell! I promised that these are my last two loose gemstone purchases for jewelry. It just gets to expensive to set and I feel I have to set them all!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ilovegemstones|1368387117|3445605 said:
The pictures were really accurate! Especially the blue one. the lavender one really didn't show the bluish tints in the picture. They both look better in real life. I was disappointed at first in the blue stone because it was really shallow and much thinner on one end. The way Sally set it you can't even tell! I promised that these are my last two loose gemstone purchases for jewelry. It just gets to expensive to set and I feel I have to set them all!

Hmm... :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something:

Rainbird

Rough_Rock
ilovegemstones|1368387117|3445605 said:

Congratulations on your beautiful new sapphires. There is something quite magical about those stars and nothing better to wear when the sun is shining. Sally's Lotus is so pretty and feminine and also look good to stack with other rings if you ever fancy a change.

Buying no more gems. Ahhh.... I've said that so many times. It doesn't last long, I'm afraid. ;))

Enjoy your lovely new rings.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never say never. :naughty: Both rings are beautiful but the star sapphire in the lotus speaks to me more. It's the soft watery look with the very delicate setting that gets me every time. It's such a different and unique setting that one doesn't see often in real life either.

Rainbird

Rough_Rock

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rainbird|1368528607|3446551 said:
Ilovegemsstones|1368527231|3446544 said:

This is the same sapphire that Dana is selling on his website; same dimensions, same certificate number. Perhaps this is his ebay shop? I saw that it had sold at one time, but is now available again. It's definitely a whopper.

Interesting. Where on Dana's site? I couldn't find it...

Rainbird

Rough_Rock
minousbijoux|1368555701|3446813 said:
Rainbird|1368528607|3446551 said:
Ilovegemsstones|1368527231|3446544 said:

This is the same sapphire that Dana is selling on his website; same dimensions, same certificate number. Perhaps this is his ebay shop? I saw that it had sold at one time, but is now available again. It's definitely a whopper.

Interesting. Where on Dana's site? I couldn't find it...

It's this one minous, in the Anagee Sri Lanka section.

http://mastercutgems.com/index.php?page=viewgem&id=6910

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Ilovegemsstones, your name is so similar to mine that I had to look twice because I know I didn't post that sapphire link. For a moment I thought I had been hacked! Phew!

Ilovegemsstones

Rough_Rock
Trade
ilovegemstones|1368633565|3447394 said:
Wow Ilovegemsstones, your name is so similar to mine that I had to look twice because I know I didn't post that sapphire link. For a moment I thought I had been hacked! Phew!

:lol: I thought I was hacked , the coincidence we both registered in early 2010

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results