Star ruby with rose cut diamond ring CAD

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to see your new star!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Ahhhhhhh!!!!!
I just peeped on DKs instagram and saw your beautiful ring!

Its stunning and I love how the architecture of the ring truly looks like a star!
A rose cut halo star surrounding one!

I truly cannot wait to see hand shots of your baby! I need to see that ruby under every kind of light source! :P2

How do you feel about the piece?
And now the wait from jeweler to buyer begins! Haha

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhhhhhh!!!!!
I just peeped on DKs instagram and saw your beautiful ring!

Its stunning and I love how the architecture of the ring truly looks like a star!
A rose cut halo star surrounding one!

I truly cannot wait to see hand shots of your baby! I need to see that ruby under every kind of light source! :P2

How do you feel about the piece?
And now the wait from jeweler to buyer begins! Haha
Thank you! I am really excited about it. When I first saw it, I was really delighted. Given the stone size and the inspiration, I don’t think it could have turned out better. Of course, it happens to be done the day I left for a trip overseas, so I will have to wait even longer to see it in person.

I asked David about the slight gap between the bezel and stone. He said that it is to keep the stone safe and that if it bothers in person, I can send it back and he would adjust that.

FlashyFlamingo

Shiny_Rock
It’s so gorgeous! When I saw it on DK’s Instagram I knew it had to be yours. I’ve enjoyed following thi thread. Can’t wait to see all of the glamour shots!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lining up to be in the queue to view!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It turned out great! Looking forward to more pictures!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow it looks amazing! Congratulations!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:clap: Looking forward to your hand shots!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The diamond proportions are perfect!

TeaGlutton

Rough_Rock
It's magnificent! I can't wait for the glamour shots! :)

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for the kind words! Also, thanks to those who helped me clarify some ideas with this project.

I’m looking forward to seeing it in person. Will have to decide about the bezel and prongs. DK suggested not having the bezel completely against the stone, so there is a tiny gap in some places because the stone has an imperfect shape. I’m not bothered by that at all...but it’s a style thing. The slightly rougher look of bezel and prongs as they are now has a touch of both nature and modernism ( kind of like the fuzzy stamens in the center of a daisy if that makes sense.). Whereas, if there were no gap and prongs were flat up against the stone, it might look more polished. He also said that I should see it in person first before deciding.

Either way would be fine for different reasons. I think this will be a fun ring to wear!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So eager to see it on your hand! What a happy, stunning ring!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A70AC0C7-8684-4251-B4C9-4DE4EEE959AD.jpeg View attachment 682037 26F821DD-83AE-4DDB-8995-F13DA821C2BF.jpeg
Ok so some quick pictures which my husband sent me. Top outdoors and bottom indoors. He says there isn’t a gap that’s noticeable at all. That’s interesting....I’m dying to see this in person.

Last edited:

voce

Ideal_Rock
:appl:so exciting to see this beauty under the sun! I hope you love it and wear it in good health and happiness!

fel

Shiny_Rock
Truly an amazing, original and artistically designed ring.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @voce ! I think I willl love it but I need to see the bezel and prongs in person. If they look too unruly then I think I’d love it more if they were more neat. My husband is not the best photographer and so I can’t say yet lol! In general though, I love the overall look and I love the rose cuts and graduated diamonds on the band. It kinda reminds me of an astral event.

I’m so happy to have a little star ruby! This is a celebration for me. It’s been a journey looking for one which is big enough, red enough, has a nice enough star, that is wearable with my life style etc etc in the price range which is confortable for me to pay.

Atwater

Brilliant_Rock
It is so beautiful and lovely! :love::love::love: Congratulations!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Ahhhhh!! I love it!

Im so happy for you! I love seeing the star in the sun but that second picture...woof!
Love it!
Cant wait to see it on your gorgeous hands! All the glamour shots! :kiss2:

Also the process of starting to think about who itd go to will begin! Has one of your daughters shown interest in designing it more so than the other? Does it resonate with your youngest, the little star lover? Btw I still dream of her necklace....so lovely. (I'm also hoping that my memory serves me right here! If not add me into the aging mind category.)

clumberlove

Shiny_Rock
Wow I love it! It's like a little sun, like a red dwarf with a sparkle shining out of it. I don't know why beautiful things make you want to eat them sometimes, but this is one such thing. :kiss2:

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks amazing!!!! I can't wait for you to try it on and post more pics!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhhhh!! I love it!

Im so happy for you! I love seeing the star in the sun but that second picture...woof!
Love it!
Cant wait to see it on your gorgeous hands! All the glamour shots! :kiss2:

Also the process of starting to think about who itd go to will begin! Has one of your daughters shown interest in designing it more so than the other? Does it resonate with your youngest, the little star lover? Btw I still dream of her necklace....so lovely. (I'm also hoping that my memory serves me right here! If not add me into the aging mind category.)
You are right about my youngest daughter’s star necklace! She is the one who loves jewelry the most by far, and feels the spirit of stones easily. Next best gem appreciation comes from my oldest and lastly the middle daughter, who favors just a few pieces, typically those which the others don’t, like my giant snake ring. The middle girl showed a lot of interest on this one because she likes the spirit of reds and rubies, and drew designs for it. She’s very fiery, determined and willful. She’s a taurus/ Metal tiger, so I’m thinking this one will go to her. Though If they all decide to trade later that’s fine with me!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, back in the States and got to see star ruby ring late last night with some red roses! What a welcome. I am so impressed with it. DK did a fantastic job!’ The diamonds are super white and sparkly, and it has a nice heft to the metal. I don’t know what I was worried about with the prongs, because they are very small in person, and they look great to my eyes! I honestly couldn’t be more delighted y’all!
It’s overcast ish today, so I took some closer pics with flash and one outside. Will take more in a while.

3BAB270A-17F5-47EA-8FBC-484C5AD4920F.jpeg 87BFCC31-344E-45C8-B577-1317B714DD41.jpeg 73B6A467-5A0C-460A-A974-2788D1B12825.jpeg 4C52A6E1-1F0F-4090-A77C-7A6D78C9D552.jpeg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A semi bit of sun came out...so a few more. Pictures do not capture the beauty of this ruby or the diamonds at all. The rose cuts throw all kind of rainbows and chunky flashes of light.
B6129630-936D-47B5-81DE-52C29E75E466.jpeg 85C80BB4-87BA-40D1-978A-1DBF6CF680AA.jpeg C5647BCD-6F24-45ED-9366-3C7A7A7C09F5.jpeg 3D81FE0D-408E-4C40-A574-3AFD03203ED5.jpeg 799680C2-29FC-4B22-891E-FF0F526E8159.jpeg

Last edited:

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I love it on your hand, It looks very ethereal!

voce

Ideal_Rock
:love::love::love:
Wow, such a strong star and a gemmy quality! You and David Klass got the setting exactly right. So happy you now have this beauty! :kiss2:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Burmesedaze . The celestial look is my favorite part of it. My family loves this setting most of all of the star rings. I was hoping I could wear them together sometimes, but they really are so different that I’m not sure I could without looking extremely eccentric,

Thank you @meely and @voce. David did a great job and I’m really happy with his work. He was so easy and fabulous to do a commission with. Love him! And, a BIG THANK YOU to all of the people who helped bring things to my attention and helped me with this project.=)2

And, thanks for the compliment on the star ruby! It’s a lovely little thing. I always imagine how happy I would be to ever find something like it in nature, and then I feel especially enchanted because I know that would never happen. Hard to capture color in pics as it’s shifty between red and pomegranate red.

Last edited:

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok, back in the States and got to see star ruby ring late last night with some red roses! What a welcome. I am so impressed with it. DK did a fantastic job!’ The diamonds are super white and sparkly, and it has a nice heft to the metal. I don’t know what I was worried about with the prongs, because they are very small in person, and they look great to my eyes! I honestly couldn’t be more delighted y’all!
It’s overcast ish today, so I took some closer pics with flash and one outside. Will take more in a while.

3BAB270A-17F5-47EA-8FBC-484C5AD4920F.jpeg 87BFCC31-344E-45C8-B577-1317B714DD41.jpeg 73B6A467-5A0C-460A-A974-2788D1B12825.jpeg 4C52A6E1-1F0F-4090-A77C-7A6D78C9D552.jpeg

THIS is what I've been waiting for. It's amazing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results