shape
carat
color
clarity

Stacking rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone own any of the Spark stacking rings from Pearlman''s? I searched and found only old threads. I could buy much cheaper rings on overstock but I''m not sure they''d be up to my picky standards.

I also don''t know if I''d find stacking rings comfortable. I like the look on others and have really only seen it on PS. Is there a set of cheap rings (etsy or whatever) that would give me the feel of stacking eternity or semi eternity rings so I could figure this out? I feel that $100 per ring (overstock) is too much to just "try them out."

And of course I''d love to know where you all buy your stacking rings that are thin 1.5mm ish but have different looks to them like rectangular stones or marq.

THANKS

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t answer the rest of your questions but I can’t wear more than one ring at a time on one finger (and one hand). Any more than that, I’d feel like something is in the way or I can’t bend my fingers well. Maybe part of the reason is that I have small hands and short fingers.
39.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have small hands and short fingers too. So I want to somehow try the look without spending too much but I don''t want to get stuck with a ring that I hate the quality of...

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i''m in the small hand short finger boat too... do you like small bezels? simple a couple of those?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
You definitely want to order then a size up from normal I believe. Maybe sterling silver if you''re trying to keep it inexpensive?

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you just want to get the feel of the stacking rings, then I would say go with two inexpensive sterling silver rings just to get the idea. You don''t have to wear them long to see if you like it or not. Then if you don''t ever wear the rings again, you didn''t spend that much money it!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I love stacking rings and my fingers are not that long. Just have to remember to size up to accomodate the pushed pads of the fingers and try to get the smaller mm (width wise).

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks folks.

I went to Kohls and tried on their stacking rings. Surprise! The style I thought I would like, diamond pave simple 1.5mm band looks Terrible on my hand by itself!

But I loved the bands that had square bezeled diamonds and Marq. shapes. also 1.5mm in width. And the shared prong band looked cool.

Now I just need to find a few cheap Sterling stacking bands to see if I can actually wear the style on my short fingers. They were all out of my size at that Kohls. So I''m off to the jewelry store to try on better quality rings and then I''ll stop at Kohls and try to find some Sterling.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2009 10:36:02 AM
Author: Stone Hunter
Thanks folks.

I went to Kohls and tried on their stacking rings. Surprise! The style I thought I would like, diamond pave simple 1.5mm band looks Terrible on my hand by itself!

But I loved the bands that had square bezeled diamonds and Marq. shapes. also 1.5mm in width. And the shared prong band looked cool.

Now I just need to find a few cheap Sterling stacking bands to see if I can actually wear the style on my short fingers. They were all out of my size at that Kohls. So I''m off to the jewelry store to try on better quality rings and then I''ll stop at Kohls and try to find some Sterling.
I know what you mean, I love love love certain rings on PS, then when I want to make sure I love the look, I tried to find the style at my local B&M, put it on and it looked terrible on my fingers too. ooooh I''m loving the bezel idea!
36.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Stone Hunter, do you get any of the gem shows near you? I''ve gotten both a ruby and a sapphire stacking band at the Intergem show, and the prices are pretty reasonable. Well, okay, one of the rubies fell out a day later, but I''ve had no problems with the sapphire band. I don''t know if it''s the style you''re looking for, or not, but here''s a link to the sapphire band (this page also has my necklace, so just scroll down about half-way to see the band).

I also wondered if more than one stacking band would drive me nuts, so I tried a few sterling ones, also from the gem show. I got a bunch during the same trip I found the here. I know the width of the bands is a big deal, so let me know if you need measurements - I''ve got my digital calipers at the ready.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 10:36:02 AM
Author: Stone Hunter
Thanks folks.

Sorry Stone Hunter, I didn''t read everything clearly before I posted. I didn''t know you could find stuff like that at Kohls!! I''ll have to check them out. But if you ever have a chance to get to an Intergem show, they have really good quality sterling ones (although they have a lot of cheap ones that look like they''ll flake after awhile), and they probably run $15-$30, depending on the design. They even had some very delicate sterling eternity bands that were plated in rose gold. And yes, I''ve found the bezeled eternity bands to be the most comfortable, but sometimes you can get lucky with a shared prong style that isn''t too uncomfortable. Let us know if you find anything!

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 10:57:00 PM
Author: loriken214
Date: 7/14/2009 10:21:24 PM

Author: ydiamonds

There seems to be a lot of vendors on Etsy with silver gemstone stacking rings. I thought about getting this one but have to hold off for now.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=26963686

I have this ring and it is very comfortable to wear.....I love it!
36.gif

PBI- I think you keep half the Etsy vendors afloat! One day you should do a thread devoted to your ENTIRE jewellery collection! I would DROOL all over it!

Lori

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cellentani I love the necklace and the stacking ring that you bought at the gem show. I don''t think they have any near me. I haven''t seen any adverts and once I checked the Intergem site and no city near me was listed. Probably worth it to search again.

THANKS for posting to both my threads about stacking rings. Kohls quality was 9kt gold and the diamonds were terrible but I did get to try the style on. They did have lovely sterling rings but not in my size.

I ended up with Pandora sterling rings from a jeweler that let me try on tons of stackers in all different combinations.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2009 10:57:00 PM
Author: loriken214

Date: 7/14/2009 10:21:24 PM
Author: ydiamonds
There seems to be a lot of vendors on Etsy with silver gemstone stacking rings. I thought about getting this one but have to hold off for now.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=26963686
I have this ring and it is very comfortable to wear.....I love it!
36.gif

Lori
Ydiamonds and Loriken214 THANK YOU for your posts! I would have responded sooner but was out at jewelry stores trying on stacking rings. Ended up with 2 Pandora Sterling rings to try out the style. But would love to add a 3rd ring to my set to be sure. The rings I have at home are too fat mm wise or they have gemstone baskets that push the rings too far apart.

Does the gemstone ring you posted/own from wireddesign sit well with other plain bands?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results