shape
carat
color
clarity

Stacking diamond tennis bracelets, is it safe??

Frenchieglitter

Rough_Rock
Hi PSers, I'm new here, hopefully I'm posting this in the right place. I'm learning A LOT and really enjoying all the amazing beautiful jewelry! I finally have a question to post. I'm lucky to own two lovely diamond tennis bracelets, one is about 6.5ctw the other is about 8.5ctw. Both are set in a classic 4 prong basket setting. I wanted to wear them stacked together. But when I put them on I immediately got worried, will the diamonds rub together and scratch or chip each other? Especially if worn daily? Same question if you wear a diamond tennis bracelet next to a watch. Could the watch metal chip the diamonds from contact? Maybe I'm being a worrywart? These bracelets are two of my most treasured pieces, I'd hate to damage them. Have any of you experienced diamond damage from stacking? Maybe I should add a spacer bracelet to be on the safe side, but I don't always feel like wearing a lot of bracelets and had intended that the tennis bracelets would be the main show. Thanks for the info in advance!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS! Always nice to meet a new member!
Depending on the settings, the girdles of the diamonds could rub each other I guess. Do you have a picture of them?
As for the watch and bracelet stack, diamonds will cut into metal vs causing damage. Some people do take the risk though. I wear a watch on one arm and the bracelet on the other. Hopefully others that do stack will chime in with their experiences!

Frenchieglitter

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the insight @MissGotRocks! I tried to get a photo close enough to see how they sit with each other. I think the stones don't seem to rub/touch, especially if I turn the clasp inside it adds a bit of a buffer. Sorry there may be shadow on the photos, I was having a hard time getting up close without casting one. Wish it was easier to photograph diamonds! Sparkle and rainbows are so hard to capture. 20240309_143436.jpg 20240309_143833.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look beautiful! I hope they don’t touch and rub each other. Did you ask the jeweler about them when you purchased them?

Frenchieglitter

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I enjoy them both so much, it's hard to choose between them. Plus I purchased a 2nd one specifically for stacking! Then I got in my own head and worried about damage. I havent asked a jeweler, so not a bad idea to ask my favorite local jeweler. I could show him and discuss in person.

For now, I just try to be careful, wear one on the other side sometimes (that feels kinda weird tho, idk why lol). But what's the point of bling in a box?? Life is too short! Carpe Bling!! (Saw that on another PS thread, can't take credit, haha) Thanks again for chiming in!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

One can damage anything. Even if you are "careful". Bracelets take a lot of beating. But jewellery is for wearing--otherwise why have any?

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could you get a little bead bracelet or a bezel set one to wear in between so they are separated? I mix and stack my bracelets, but only one of the four of them has stone with exposed girdles and I did that on purpose so they wouldn't rub together.

Frenchieglitter

Rough_Rock
@Dee*Jay I do think that's the best way to handle it for me. Wearing them together just hasn't been mind clean, I worry over time I'm doing damage that will be heartbreaking, so I do wear something in between sometimes, just had not intended to wear a stack like that when I envisioned having two diamond bracelets. Probably a bezel setting would've been best for bracelet #2... guess that just means I need to get a 3rd with a bezel!! Not in my current budget, but always fun to window shop. If i find something that moves me, well it's for the good of the first 2 girls to make it happen!! Thanks for the advice

Frenchieglitter

Rough_Rock
Agreed, the more I talk it out, clear it's the only safe solution. Glad I came here for reinforcement, it's not all in my head afterall

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would worry about the exposed girdles rubbing against each other myself.

I stack my tennis bracelet with other bracelets and/or bangles, however, the stones are bezel set and the others do not have exposed girdles.

DK :))

Frenchieglitter

Rough_Rock
Thanks @dk168 glad to hear others would worry too. I'll definitely separate from now on. I appreciate all the feedback, obviously the only answer is start saving up for #3 in a bezel setting

Last edited:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Are the bracelets insured? If so, I would just enjoy them and get the prongs checked periodically.

Stacked tennis bracelets look so chic. I had two prong set bracelets that I stacked all the time.

Frenchieglitter

Rough_Rock
Yes I agree @lulu_ma, the look is so chic! I do have them insured, and was wearing them together mostly on special occasions. Stacked diamonds are a dream come true But the round was a gift from my DH (milestone anniversary) and so it feels irreplaceable to me. I wear it the most often. But good news! While I save up for a bezel set bracelet as a spacer, I took @Dee*Jay's advice and ordered a cute little gold bead bracelet to wear as a spacer in the meantime! So I guess I'm in the two week club now it's supposed to be delivered in couple weeks! Then both the ladies will get the wear time they deserve

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I agree @lulu_ma, the look is so chic! I do have them insured, and was wearing them together mostly on special occasions. Stacked diamonds are a dream come true But the round was a gift from my DH (milestone anniversary) and so it feels irreplaceable to me. I wear it the most often. But good news! While I save up for a bezel set bracelet as a spacer, I took @Dee*Jay's advice and ordered a cute little gold bead bracelet to wear as a spacer in the meantime! So I guess I'm in the two week club now it's supposed to be delivered in couple weeks! Then both the ladies will get the wear time they deserve

That's awesome -- can't wait to see the family all together!

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock

You may find that the bead bracelet spacer does the job so well you may decide against the bezel bracelet altogether (I was going to suggest a smooth bangle.) The spacer will separate the tennis bracelets so that each is actually seen, and not blend together. Please post photos when you get it!

Frenchieglitter

Rough_Rock
I was already thinking the same @RMOO! The more I've thought about it, the bead bracelet may be just the right touch to protect the girls from each other but also set them apart from each other so they each can be appreciated. And keep it casual to enjoy every day. I'm really excited to see how it looks when the bead bracelet arrives! Love the anticipation of a new treasure!!
Also, I'm not sure what shape I'd want for a 3rd tennis bracelet . I don't want it to compete with the round bracelet, which is truly special to me. And the oval already scratched that itch for something oval. So, been thinking maybe emerald cut? But, even though emerald cut is so so elegant, I'm usually underwhelmed. I just NEED fire and sparkle ✨️ However, it would be a good way to compliment, not compete with the other 2, and probably a nice shape to put in a bezel or half bezel. So... I'm letting the idea marinate. Daydreaming and planning the next big purchase can be half the fun! =)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results