shape
carat
color
clarity

Stacking band sizing

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Wondering how much you all size up for stacking bands? I’m a 7 on my right hand for my 4.3 mm eternity. But I’m wondering if I add bands to it if I should do the same size or go up a bit. I swell like a madwoman in the heat (hello, Southern humidity).

In a perfect world would love to be able to wear bands on the left as well, and naturally I’m a 6 1/2 there.

Advice welcome.

Tagging @Gussie because nobody knows stacks like you do!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wondering how much you all size up for stacking bands? I’m a 7 on my right hand for my 4.3 mm eternity. But I’m wondering if I add bands to it if I should do the same size or go up a bit. I swell like a madwoman in the heat (hello, Southern humidity).

In a perfect world would love to be able to wear bands on the left as well, and naturally I’m a 6 1/2 there.

Advice welcome.

Tagging @Gussie because nobody knows stacks like you do!

Thanks @Tonks!

My left ring finger is a 6.5 in order to get over my knuckle. The actual finger is closer to a 6, this really lends to stacking. I buy all rings in a 6.5 for my left hand, no matter the width and it works. In fact, if I don't stack at least 2 bands, my rings spin. The same is true for my right hand except it's just a tiny bit bigger, so a 6.5 works on that hand too. I don't wear as much in the summer though just because it's so hot here that I don't like a lot of jewelry touching me, lol.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The vast majority of us tend to have larger ring sizes on our master hand. I.e. Right handers have larger ring sizes on their right hands.

A very few are lucky enough to have the same size on both hands. Many of my clients have found it convenient to order their attackers in a quarter to a half size larger. Others just order their attackers in the same size.

I can not give you a rule of thumb answer, you just have to try until you get it right, for you.

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The vast majority of us tend to have larger ring sizes on our master hand. I.e. Right handers have larger ring sizes on their right hands.

A very few are lucky enough to have the same size on both hands.

Many of my clients have found it convenient to order their stackers in a quarter to a half size larger. Others just order their stackers in the same size.

I can not give you a rule of thumb answer, you just have to try until you get it right, for you.

Wink

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

A very few are lucky enough to have the same size on both hands. Many of my clients have found it convenient to order their attackers in a quarter to a half size larger. Others just order their attackers in the same size.

Wink

I prefer my attackers as small as possible! :lol-2::lol-2::lol-2:

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock

Wink

I always thought that everyones left hand fingers were smaller? I'm left handed, and my left ring finger is 5-5.5, and my right 6 or 6.25. I wonder what is normal for left handers?

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer my attackers as small as possible! :lol-2::lol-2::lol-2:

This made me howl. I do martial arts and just came from a belt test so that’s all I could picture when reading @Wink ‘s response!

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
I always thought that everyones left hand fingers were smaller? I'm left handed, and my left ring finger is 5-5.5, and my right 6 or 6.25. I wonder what is normal for left handers?
I’m left handed too. 7.75 on left and 8.25 on right. So I fit your theory! The 8.25 stackers on my left hand fit fine below my engagement ring which is 7.75. This is summer sizing. I may have to get those plastic things for winter.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm right handed & a 5.25 on the left (UK K1/2) & just under a 5 on the right (UK J1/2). So I'm the opposite of the theory!

I wear 3 rings on the left, all sized the same. In the summer & when I'm hot, I cannot get them off & often end up sleeping in them. In the winter & when my hands are cold, they spin, clatter & clank around :roll2:

Sorry - I am no help here! If I seized up to stack, they'd literally fall off in the winter. I just keep them as they are & pop my eternity ring onto my right hand when it's too hot & they feel tight, as then my skinny RH finger swells to the correct size :D

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My wedding rings & Anniversary Band are stacked.
Finger size: 5.5
Ring size: 6.0
I live in SW PA. It’s hot & humid 1/2 of the year, and my hands swell. My 6’s are comfortable, even stacked. ;)2

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @Tonks!

My left ring finger is a 6.5 in order to get over my knuckle. The actual finger is closer to a 6, this really lends to stacking. I buy all rings in a 6.5 for my left hand, no matter the width and it works. In fact, if I don't stack at least 2 bands, my rings spin. The same is true for my right hand except it's just a tiny bit bigger, so a 6.5 works on that hand too. I don't wear as much in the summer though just because it's so hot here that I don't like a lot of jewelry touching me, lol.

Thank you, @Gussie ! I think my finger is probably shaped similarly to yours. My actual finger is a 6 and my ER and bands are a 6 1/2. Knuckle is bigger. I do find that things spin pretty easily (so I have started to love full eternity).

I am comfortable with stacking sizing on my left hand because I’ve been wearing 3 rings there for years, but the right is harder. It’s probably just mental because I’m not used to it and because of the August heat!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
I'm right handed & a 5.25 on the left (UK K1/2) & just under a 5 on the right (UK J1/2). So I'm the opposite of the theory!

I wear 3 rings on the left, all sized the same. In the summer & when I'm hot, I cannot get them off & often end up sleeping in them. In the winter & when my hands are cold, they spin, clatter & clank around :roll2:

Sorry - I am no help here! If I seized up to stack, they'd literally fall off in the winter. I just keep them as they are & pop my eternity ring onto my right hand when it's too hot & they feel tight, as then my skinny RH finger swells to the correct size :D

That is so interesting! You are the unicorn of the bunch!

It is challenging in the winter when things get so cold. I got some of those spiral noodles this year and they were great in the colder months.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock

Wink

Thank you!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many of my clients have found it convenient to order their attackers in a quarter to a half size larger. Others just order their attackers in the same size.

"attackers" instead of "stackers" is the BEST autocorrect typo I've seen.

Tonks - for me it depends how high I'm stacking. Anything over 5 mm and I go up half a size. I regularly stack about 10 mm of rings, and so while I'm normally a 4.5 I get a lot of them in size 5. If it was a single ring that wide I would need to go up a second half size, but with stackers I find a half size is sufficient no matter how many I stack. My knuckle is also bigger and the "sticking point."

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results