shape
carat
color
clarity

Stackable rings with French cut or European cut diamonds

Travelgal

Shiny_Rock
Can you please show me your french cut or old european cut stackable eternity bands? Does anyone have an old European cut engagement ring that you wear with modern round cut diamonds? I went to Single Stone this weekend and look at their bands but they are out of my budget with the engagement ring I want. I tried looking online for something similar and came up empty (except some random bands on eBay- I am a size 4.25). Anyone have any suggestions?

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
I have an antique single cut eternity that was my grandmothers...it works well with my (her) OEC 3 stone IMO. I don't like my modern cut eternity with the OEC 3 stone....increasingly I like to keep old cuts with old cuts.
I assume you are only looking for diamonds?
I run across these French cut ruby & sapphire bands now and then.

dsc_4474.jpg

dsc_4476.jpg

dsc_4475.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I had David Klass make me a ring that is pretty much an exact replica of a SS model but 1/3 the price.

French cuts will always be more expensive.

Have you tried ebay? what is your buget exactly?

2014-02-01_14-00-31_0.jpg

Travelgal

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the suggestions and pictures- both of yours are so pretty!

I don't have a budget exactly, but I thought an eternity band would be somewhere around $2-3k and the SS one was double that price. It was absolutely stunning, but I would rather buy a cool retro ring/ diamond studs or something else than "just" a band. I have been checking eBay, but it was my understanding that you can't size eternity bands and my ring size is 4.25.

I will definitely look up DK. And Hapertoo, I would prefer diamonds or a mix of diamonds and sapphires/rubies.

Thank you so much for your advice.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Not very good quality but here are a few shots of a French band with a regular band. Both set in plat. Top (single cuts I believe?) eternity is 2.5mm, French is 3mm.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1396306114.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1396306129.jpg

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love those bands together, panda bee!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mikla!

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh I am a size 4.25 maybe we can share a single stone band lol! I love those SS French cut baguette bands- drool...

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I think Leon Merge's french cut bands are around 2.5k. If you were planning on spending that for a band he would be my first choice.

And you can sort of size eternitys pending how much change you are doing.

Travelgal

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all. I will continue my search. ArtDecoLover, I love your screen name, but I am afraid if we shared a ring I would "accidently" lose it on my finger forever. I actually did a couple of Pinterest searches for art deco. I had a hideous sea foam green and mauve bathroom with a mauve toilet and tub and I LOVED it because it was so art deco.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results