shape
carat
color
clarity

ST. LOUIS - Anyone have an idealscope?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jkc350z

Rough_Rock
Does anyone from St. Louis, MO or surrounding areas know of a jeweler or an appraiser that has an idealscope?

Thanks!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
9.gif

jk, I''m from this area, but I don''t know of any. If you find one, please post their name!

dkodner

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi jkc350z-

I have one in my store. I am in Clayton. You are welcome to come by and use it.

Garry- I bought one of your hand held scopes, along with your ASET scope. I cannot say I am fully convinced of their merit yet, only because I have not spent enough time working with them and comparing their results to what I feel are the brightest and most brilliant stones to my eyes, so I don''t use them at the counter yet. But I am open minded, as I think more jewelers are than you might think. I am all for advancing the technology of our trade. I think it is hard to quantify what the human eye sees as beautiful with strictly numbers. That being said though, I have a great deal of respect for your work and will spend the time to form an educated opinion.

I really don''t think that most jewelers have this us against them mentality that some on this board believe. I, as many jewelers do, try to carry diamonds that meet all of our customers needs, and that is not always a diamond that shows perfectly under an idealscope. I don''t carry any "bad" diamonds, they each have their own personality and are also priced accordingly...o)

PS- I miss BC cartoons....

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My friend is from there and says "I have never encountered one that had an IS, but I have brought my own to a few. I use Therese Kienstra for my appraisals (she is in Clayton, on Brentwood just south of "downtown Clayton proper" 314-862-5054) and she was very intrigued by it when I brought it in.

As for local jewelers, I have never been stared down because of it. My friend''s family owns Saettle''s and my friend herself had never heard of them til I brought mine in. I have also brought it to Mavrik, Genovese, Simons, Lordos, Ellard Heffern, David Kodner, Curt Parker and Hamilton. All were intrigued by it, and a couple of folks had heard about both the IS and PS.

Only one jeweler I know of was pissy about it and that was Vincent''s on Olive...there were a lot of problems with the whole experience with them, and that should have been my first red flag. Very shady."

Hope that helps!

jkc350z

Rough_Rock
Gary I would like to buy one but dont think i can get it in time for my appraisal.

I am getting my appraisal done this saturday from Therese Kienstra.

It is an AGS 000 stone, but just wanted to see what it looked like under an idealscope.

Dkodner....I beleive you helped my friend Jason Le purchase his diamond for an engagement ring....I would love to use your ideal scope, but do not want to be rude and and bring a stone from another vendor to you so I can use your equipment....also I dont think they will allow me to bring it to you.

Looking for one that someone would mind me borrowing for an hour or two...i can leave a depost for it. bleh!
19.gif

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Go to Jim Summa in Kirkwood near the Amtrak-station. He will gladly assist you. Tell him I sent you.

Live long,

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
LOL Paul, you are so worldly!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 2:58:14 PM
Author: Paul-Antwerp
Go to Jim Summa in Kirkwood near the Amtrak-station. He will gladly assist you. Tell him I sent you.

Live long,
Paul, thanks for the heads up! I will have to check him out sometime when I''m over that way.

jkc350z

Rough_Rock
Paul,

Do you think they will let me borrow it for a couple of hours?

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t know if this will help but, both the Jared and Saettele Jewelers in the Clayton/Brentwood area have Idealscopes. They''d probably let you look, especially if you''re still in the market for a setting.

amyjokerette

Shiny_Rock
I bought I one from Gary''s website (listed in his signature). It arrived quickly and I still use it to re-view my diamond. I got the beginner scope and it''s been great!! Even if it did not arrive in time you might enjoy using it afterwards and to help friends.

dkodner

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/23/2009 2:02:40 PM
Author: jkc350z

Dkodner....I beleive you helped my friend Jason Le purchase his diamond for an engagement ring....I would love to use your ideal scope, but do not want to be rude and and bring a stone from another vendor to you so I can use your equipment....also I dont think they will allow me to bring it to you.

Looking for one that someone would mind me borrowing for an hour or two...i can leave a depost for it. bleh!
19.gif

jkc350z- I really don''t mind at all. You will not be considered rude or anything. I am happy to help. I have the plastic version purchased from Garry, so it is small and portable.

Jason is a friend of my nephew, who is also one of my goldsmiths. He is a very nice guy.

Therese Kienstra is close to me, so that would work out fine. She is by far the best and really only person to get an unbiased appraisal from. Please don''t be shy, come in and borrow it. I''m always happy to help when it comes to have a good experience with jewelry.

jkc350z

Rough_Rock
How can I get in contact with you? My appraisal is this saturday at 12:30 in the afternoon

dkodner

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I don''t think I''m allowed to post my contact info on here because I am not a pricescope vendor, but, I am easy to find if you type my full name into google or call Jason, as he would have our number, and my nephew Chris''s number as well. And congratulations on your upcoming engagement!!

jkc350z

Rough_Rock
cool I will get the number from Jason....would I be able to pick it up either friday night or early saturday afternoon?

I can return it back to you right afterwards

dkodner

Shiny_Rock
Trade
No problem, You can pick it up Friday or Saturday morning even, I''m in the office Saturday 10 am to 4 p.m. If you run late, you can play with it over the weekend, and bring it back to me on Tuesday. No big deal. I''m closed Sundays and Mondays....
1.gif

jkc350z

Rough_Rock
very cool...thank you so much! Ill get your number from Jason and call you

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results