shape
carat
color
clarity

SS & Diamond pearl pendant project!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey all!

I had been piecing together a diamond earring project for awhile. The diamonds were purchased from mlopros on eBay. The diamonds are .17cttw pears and .60cttw medium brown rounds.

My earring project fell through when I purchased an 11.3x14.7mm SS baroque pearl from nylady_art also on eBay.

Once I had the pearl in my hands, I knew I had to have it set and my diamonds were calling to me from their box.

17pear2.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The browns...

I know the clarity on these aren''t fantastic but they are small IRL and will be fine for a pendant...

60brown2.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stones together for scale....

pear&brownie-1.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now for the pearl...this one had just the silhouette and the slight banding that I was looking for, plus the overtone has a gorgeous rosy luster, just perfect for me!

P1010091.JPG

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A shot comparing it with my 1.06 asscher in a halo...this puppy has heft!

P1010094ps.JPG

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
and last but not least, my layout...

I plan on having the pears bezeled in white gold and the rounds bezeled in rose gold, all of them milgrained. I have requested that the pendant all be movable and each part hinged.

I am still receiving quotes from vendors and I hope to have this completed before October since I am going to two weddings and would love to have something special to wear!

Lemme know what you think!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
great idea ! Love the layout too.
Better get a move on, October is right around the corner
2.gif

and we have to have pics - ya know that huh!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well you already know what I think!!!!!!!!!! I know I will be wanting one just like it by the time I see your project finished!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH, and I almost purchased from that Ebay seller............ but I actually showed some restraint. Good to know that her merchandise is as nice as the listings! The pearl is beautiful!!!

30.gif
36.gif
30.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful project! sounds like it''ll turn out Stunning! can''t wait for the finished product

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like its going to turn out to be a gorgeous pendant! Love the layout already!
30.gif
30.gif

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
AHL, I think this is going to be gorgeous! I can''t wait to see the results...

I have a question / possible suggestion? Is there any way they could have the pearl be removable? Could the hinge be like an enhancer that could be removed? The reason I ask, I could also see this pendant with various colored stones replacing the pearl as the outfit called for? Does that make sense?

The pearl is beautiful and will look beautiful. But I can also see an emarald, sapphire, tsavorite in place of the pearl now and then. Just to give some options with the pretty diamonds as well.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/18/2009 9:47:59 AM
Author: jmtomaui
AHL, I think this is going to be gorgeous! I can''t wait to see the results...

I have a question / possible suggestion? Is there any way they could have the pearl be removable? Could the hinge be like an enhancer that could be removed? The reason I ask, I could also see this pendant with various colored stones replacing the pearl as the outfit called for? Does that make sense?

The pearl is beautiful and will look beautiful. But I can also see an emarald, sapphire, tsavorite in place of the pearl now and then. Just to give some options with the pretty diamonds as well.

Fantastic point...also will make cleaning much easier on the diamonds!

I am excited to see the outcome of this project!

Stupid question....so they are all going to hang, in that order? Or will the diamonds be along a necklace with the pearl as a pendant?

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow I can''t wait to see it all done! Looks gorgeous!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey guys! Thank you so much for your suggestions and comments!

I''m going to keep my design as is...I don''t ever want to take the pearl off of this pendant, but I am having the bale designed pretty wide so it can be slipped over various station necklaces like a diamonds by the yard chain.

The jeweler I''m going with is Sally from Hearts of Water on Etsy, I have seen many of her fabulous creations and I cannot wait to post the finished piece here! Hopefully I''ll have updates for you guys soon!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Asscher it''s going to look fabulous. I want a big ol'' pearl pendant now!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would play around with the diamonds a bit. Try pear tip up, round, round, pear with the tip down. It will be BEAUTIFUL however you decide to place them.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone for the suggestions and comments! Sally notified me today that she received everything in good order and the pendant project is under way! Her estimated completion time is four weeks which I don''t think is to bad since all of the jewelers are going into their busy season and it''s being completely handmade.

So far my communications with her have been excellent and if the product is as good as the service I will be back for more. I''ll post any updates as I get them!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I think that would be a stunning pendant

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got an update from Sally! I should have pics either this weekend or early next week! I cannot wait to share them!

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Can''t wait to see the pendant. I love the idea!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t wait to see this!!! I hope the pictures come soon.

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! Can''t wait to see it when it gets back from Sally.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pics from Sally! I''m so happy with how this turned out!

finishedvendorpic1.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Number 2!

I can''t wait to get this, even though it''ll probably take a few weeks, lol!

finishedvendorpic2.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Wow! She''s done a lovely job! I bet you must be over the moon. Looking forward to seeing it in a few weeks.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow!!! that is beautiful!!!! she does amazing work doesn''t she?

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Wow that looks great! I love the brown stones with the rose gold. I can''t wait to see a neck shot of this when you get it (pretty please), I bet it will look very dramatic on.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results