shape
carat
color
clarity

square wedding bands-Men

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does anyone have experience with square wedding bands? Are the comfortable? I''ve only seen them in one store-Alpha Omega. Are they carried anywhere else?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2006 3:53:20 PM
Author:Hudson_Hawk
Does anyone have experience with square wedding bands? Are the comfortable? I''ve only seen them in one store-Alpha Omega. Are they carried anywhere else?
IMO square bands are the hidden secret!! I had the privledge of trying on a square band from Iran back in 88 - and by square I mean inside AND outside - and the ring fit like buttah! Our fingers are not actually round, they''re kinda squarish and maybe shaped like a loaf of bread. Anyway - having *FLAT* metal between my fingers - you just don''t even feel it at all. I''m having my ring made square because they are just soooo much more comfortable than round rings. That''s not to say i''ve been miserable with my round ring/s all these years, but having the opportunity to make a ring I instantly thought - must make it square!!! the top is more rounded but the sides I''m insisting on being parallel and the bottom as well - no pointy corners but still! I think they rock! And they are more accepted for a man''s ring.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you know where I can get one? I know Alpha Omega sells them but I''d prefer not to buy it at a mall store. Are there any online vendors?

Thanks!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2006 11:54:17 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Do you know where I can get one? I know Alpha Omega sells them but I''d prefer not to buy it at a mall store. Are there any online vendors?

Thanks!
no, I don''t... I''m having mine made. Greenlake jewelers has made several, but for a mass produced ring - nope.. have you done a search on it on yahoo or google?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are a bunch listed on Pearlman''s site

square1A.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

square2A.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

square3A.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

square4A.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

square5A.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And this one''s not square--I just happen to like it a lot!
9.gif

flex1A.JPG

crowmama

Shiny_Rock
Believe it or not, I''ve been investigating this square band idea to go along with a semi mount I just acquired. I just discovered a designer, Alishan, that does square work. You might want to email them and see what they say about what you have in mind...

http://www.alishanonline.com/gothic_1.htm

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
those are pretty rings Dee Jay! I just want to point out that those rings are only square on the outside - not on the inside. They might be more comfortable and certainly not turn on the finger than a completely round ring, but the truly square rings - on the inside as well - are the rings that fit like butter. The sides of our fingers are not round, nor is the underneath. Our fingers are shaped somewhat like a loaf of bread, so while you might get the fashion of a square ring from these, you won't get that melt to your finger comfort like you will with a ring like this one:

squareband3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results