shape
carat
color
clarity

Square Radiant/Square H&A/Princess of Hearts Search

vetrik

Shiny_Rock
I came across this cut a little while ago, and fell in love. I feel like I've seen them mentioned on here a couple times in the last week. I like the cut corners and the internal symmetry. It's definitely a challenge to search for them though!

I have two I came across in the $2,000-$2,500 range that I'm looking at and hoping for some opinions on! Also, any others that you have come across, or any tips or tricks for finding them?

This .91 I SI1 from Good Old Gold
5.49 x 5.49
stone 1.JPG

This .72 F SI1 from James Allen
5.12 x 5.12
stone 2.JPG

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I came across this cut a little while ago, and fell in love. I feel like I've seen them mentioned on here a couple times in the last week. I like the cut corners and the internal symmetry. It's definitely a challenge to search for them though!

I have two I came across in the $2,000-$2,500 range that I'm looking at and hoping for some opinions on! Also, any others that you have come across, or any tips or tricks for finding them?

5.49 x 5.49
stone 1.JPG

5.12 x 5.12
stone 2.JPG

I love this cut - I have one of these myself, they are stunning.

JA often has them, I got mine from B2C jewels although it was the only one in their inventory. However, it would appear that USA certed diamonds has a few listed, including one in the price range of the other 2 options you have already found. You could go to any of the PS vendors sites and try looking for 58 max table and 70 min depth, excellent polish and symmetry, and you should be able to find some options.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
the certificate is dated back in 2012 though. Not sure if you are bothered by this.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock

5.49 x 5.49
stone 1.JPG

5.12 x 5.12
stone 2.JPG

I have been eyeing on the JA one, but gave it a miss due to the SI1 grade.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I would pick the one at Good Old Gold. It’s heavier, larger, and comes with an AGS Ideal light report.

I agree. I know the photography techniques are different between the two but I think the GOG would knock your socks off. Plus it's probably a better buying experience.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is from GOG. Jonathan was awesome, and although he’s busy doing other things now, they have great POHs!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
I’ve found them by going to Blue Nile and James Allen, click on the photo/grid view, then you can look at them and pick the square ones.

vetrik

Shiny_Rock
Good Old Gold sent a video of their stone:

I haven’t found any others so far that I rank over that one.

I would pick the one at Good Old Gold. It’s heavier, larger, and comes with an AGS Ideal light report.

I do agree with that - it seems like a lot more for about $400 more!

I love this cut - I have one of these myself, they are stunning.

JA often has them, I got mine from B2C jewels although it was the only one in their inventory. However, it would appear that USA certed diamonds has a few listed, including one in the price range of the other 2 options you have already found. You could go to any of the PS vendors sites and try looking for 58 max table and 70 min depth, excellent polish and symmetry, and you should be able to find some options.

That’s very helpful, thanks! I had actually reached out to USA Certed because they appeared to have a different one I had found on JA, but they couldn’t actually source the stone. I didn’t actually check much of their other inventory though.....

the certificate is dated back in 2012 though. Not sure if you are bothered by this.

I did notice, thanks. I just asked GOG about this. I was wondering if the certificates for some of these diamonds would be older since it doesn’t seem like tons of them are being cut now?

I have been eyeing on the JA one, but gave it a miss due to the SI1 grade.

The GOG is also SI1, but it seems like a pretty clean one.

I agree. I know the photography techniques are different between the two but I think the GOG would knock your socks off. Plus it's probably a better buying experience.

I imagine you’re right there! Between the two, I definitely lean towards the GOG. I’ve never bought from them before, but they’ve been wonderful to deal with so far.

Mine is from GOG. Jonathan was awesome, and although he’s busy doing other things now, they have great POHs!

Thank you! I love that you can search square h&a on their site. I was originally looking at cushion h&a, but loved the clipped corners when I saw the POH.

I’ve found them by going to Blue Nile and James Allen, click on the photo/grid view, then you can look at them and pick the square ones.

Thank you! It’s so helpful to find them when you can see pictures of the actual stones in the search....I definitely feel like I’ve spent a long time clicking on hundreds of radiant stones!

vetrik

Shiny_Rock
So I ordered the .91 I SI1 from Good Old Gold and I’ve had it a little over a week now. It is super bright and sparkly! It’s a very clean SI1 too, and the I color doesn’t bother me. I did debate the size a little because they do face up small (it’s pretty close to my .79 E VVS2 round MMD) but I’ve decided to keep it and set it in something to hopefully increase finger coverage. With what’s out there now and what the cost of this stone was, it would cost a huge amount more to get even a little bigger. Plus, I think I can upgrade this stone with GOG in the future if I ever wanted to?

This morning was a beautiful, sparkly snow morning so I took a few pictures...

6E659BEA-1285-492B-9BAC-930EDE6C2880.jpeg EFEEE635-1D71-4625-8C10-C0DC76209B3F.jpeg 515B2828-0095-4269-A6D0-0CBDF6E37726.jpeg B5493C18-B2D1-4033-BF63-88C6E11B1773.jpeg BFA7BD1B-5CB1-4064-B348-0FF9D5F9B29E.jpeg 90D5FB20-BC85-4D04-B8BB-A561216E3B87.jpeg 6E659BEA-1285-492B-9BAC-930EDE6C2880.jpeg 1CA78C31-A912-4E2F-9C35-3E2D70AF7841.jpeg 76A7D970-390C-4863-9B46-89A97EBE8F1A.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a beautiful stone! Cant wait to see how you set it!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Aww that is lovely and bright! It will definitely look bigger once set.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I don't think it looks small by any means, I think it's a lovely size on your hand and just wait until you have it set. It's just a beautiful diamond and you could do anything with it.
Happy to see a fellow winter sufferer with something so lovely.

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That looks amazing - especially in such a high colour too! Please come back and post photos of the finished ring when its done.

Heidibrooke

Shiny_Rock
It’s gorgeous! I’d love to buy from GOG. The photos of your diamond with the icicles=perfection!

vetrik

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone! It was shipped back to GOG today to be set. I’m dreaming of doing a custom setting with two tone and a bezel in the future, but I’m putting it into a temp setting for now and I’m so excited to see it! I’ll be back to share pictures when it’s done!

I agree that it is a good size. The funny thing is I’ve always liked around this size, but I’ve been wearing a 1.73 carat lately and I think it took my mind a minute to recalibrate!

I had to grab pictures before i sent it back, it’s so fun to watch the light play through this diamond.

5DCF5FC2-D61B-4F16-8BAD-24A65529024B.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results