shape
carat
color
clarity

Square diamond for Lucida-replica band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

k-man

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone - first off, I have read through a lot of the posts on this site and thanks for all your info! I fear I may be repeating a question from the past but here goes (first time buyer and most expensive thing I''ve ever bought so I''m a bit nervous
2.gif
):

Want to spend: approx. $5500 cdn for band and diamond
Want to get: Closest replica of Tiffany''s Lucida engagement ring possible.
"Dream": approx. 1ct diamond in platinum setting (willing to slide on this)

1) I live in Toronto Ontario and was wondering what is the best place (ie. price, quality, security) to purchase a diamond - and ulitimately the band too. I ask because I have read ''online'' is the best, but most sites are USD and the $ exchange and duties may raise the price.

2) I have ruled out the princess cut and am looking at radiant (only because I find it difficult to find Flanders, etc. and think they are more expensive anyway - are they?). I have considered the Asscher but find it too similar to an emerald (too elegant for our tastes).

Given what I want to get and spend, is it possible to get a good quality diamond in this range? Will I be able to get a very similar look to Tiffany''s Lucida with a radiant diamond? If no, what can I expect to get for this range?

Thanks.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Check out www.goodoldgold.com, who carries both Flanders and Luceres. They also have other squarish diamonds on the site.

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
HI check out 'Baloo' posting he used a Regent in a Vatche X-prong to 'replace' the Lucinda...it is an awesome ring...

Sorry I don't know how to post a link...

You may need to search via user name

Regents are great...I have one...see my avatar...they are squarish but not tooo square...and have WOW fire and brilliance...

Best of Luck in your search

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results