shape
carat
color
clarity

Square cut setting from Tiffany's

isabetta

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

My boyfriend and I are deep into the engagement ring search. I love the look of a pave and he loves solitaires. We decided to go with a solitaire cushion or asscher cut ring and a pave wedding band (compromise of what we both like). Unfortunately, I am apparently EXTREMELY picky when it comes to solitaire settings. I'm starting to get a headache from looking at all these solitaire bands (WF, JA, BGD, BN, GOG) and trying so many on :errrr: I really want a delicate looking setting that has a thin band, where the band is more flat and less rounded (or knife-edged I guess), the prongs are not overwhelming like the classic tiffany's ring, and the diamond lays flatter and not so high up. I tried on this Tiffany's ring: http://www.tiffany.com/Engagement/Item.aspx?GroupSKU=GRP10057#f+3/0/0/0/0/0 and it's exactly the type of setting I want. I'm having a hard time finding one just like it! I like the prongs on this setting (wire basket??). The setting can also taper.

Does anyone know where I can find a setting like this?

Thanks!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would contact BGD or ERD or Michael E ... or any of the MANY PS recommended vendors that do custom settings and ask them A) do they know of some company that makes that setting (stuller, adwar, etc may make that exact one and then you can have them get it in for you and finish it up) or B) if there isn't one already on the market, then can they make you an "Inspired by" of that setting and how much it would cost. :wavey:

I love the profile on it... but you are aware that a wedding band won't sit flush against the shank of that design right?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The elegance is my personal favorite solitaire setting. Period. I think it would look great modified to fit with a square cut center. Plus it will allow for a flusher band (though not perfectly flush as the gallery does have a donut)

isabetta

Rough_Rock
Gypsy, thanks for the suggestions! I do realize it won't sit flush (the Tiffany's person told me). I'm okay with that. The Elegance is beautiful.

Centralsquare..thanks for sending the links along! I'm trying to see if I can find finger shots. The grace setting is beautiful. I wonder how high the diamond is. I love how thin the band is. I tired on a 2mm and thought it was a great width.

I also had 3 replicas from eternity diamonds sent to me.

http://www.eternitydiamonds.com/engagement-rings/diamond-engagement-ring/Gabrielle-Diamond-Solitaire-with-Formed-Band-by-Eternity-140.htm
I liked the way this looked from the top and how low the diamond was. I didn't like the profile view (of how the shanks vertically wider). I did like the prongs holding up the diamond.

http://www.eternitydiamonds.com/engagement-rings/diamond-engagement-ring/Dianna-Classic-Soltaire-Engagement-Ring-195.htm

I didn't like this one at all. I thought the diamond was too high and the prongs were overwhelming.

Thanks for your help!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The BGD settings are made completely from scratch to order so they can set it as low or high as you want (within reason)... as for 2mm, that's my shank width and I'm very happy with it. I think it's a good choice.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

PinkJellyBean

Rough_Rock
gypsy this is the first time seeing your set as a whole... AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL ! :appl: :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results