shape
carat
color
clarity

Sq Em Cut-1:3 EC-Royal Asscher

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone know carat for carat weight which stone will look the largest please.

a. Square Emerald Cut
b. 1:3 length to width ratio of a normal EC
c. Royal Asscher

I really like the Royal Asscher but am not prepared to pay for a branded cut which carries most of its weight in its pavillion.

sparkles

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Sparkles, i think it depends on particular proportions of each stone...

foolintherain

Rough_Rock
Sparkles indeed. I looked at many square cuts recently and the Royal Asscher is the winner in my book. If you want to go for more sparkles, you can look at flanders or lucere, but they lose the classic look.

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
not much difference ,if you get a nice cut sq.ec. it will probably looks the similar to the royal asscher!
I think it is just as nice without paying the branded name price!(just like generic drugs
9.gif
)
just don't forget to shop and compare!!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
A nicely proportioned EC isn't to be as deep as a RA. A square emerald--not sure. I guess it depends on how closely they're trying to mimic the EC.

Of course, the RA look is going to be really different.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Most square (and 1.3:1.0) emerald cuts will have a larger surface diameter than a Royal Asscher, but a Royal Asscher will usually be more brilliant than most square emerald cuts.

You might consider some of the many fine "generic" Asschers that are available on the market. They have the sophisticated proportions and superior light return performance of the classic (not Royal) Asscher cut, at a lower purchase price.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results