shape
carat
color
clarity

Spring Nail Polish

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Someone had to do it...

I just wanted to share a new color combination that I really love! I''ve been wearing Wicked and Espresso Your Style all winter and needed a break from the dark side.

I put on one coat of OPI''s Bubble Bath, then applied one coat of Essie''s Mademoiselle. It is the perfect combination. Bubble Bath can be a bit too opaque at times and Mademoiselle a tad too sheer at times.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol...it begins.

so what are THE polish colors for spring this year? i read somewhere it was away from the darks of last fall and into soft pinks again. can someone corroborate this?

i need to get a few new polishes...but i am kind of tired of pinks. maybe there will be some pretty soft sheer corals this season!!

Giada

Shiny_Rock
I would love to find a really nice coral shade for spring. It seems corals are always too orange, too pink or too bright. I've yet to find a good one. I think Lippmann Collection has a couple that look promising, though. I'm going to check out Daytripper and Love Shack at the salon soon.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heading over to 8ty8beauty.com right now...thanks Giada for bringing up the fascinating subject of nail color once again! BTW, I''m wearing Bubble Bath right now--it''s one of my faves.
36.gif

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
I like one coat of Essie Sugar Daddy with a coat of Mademoiselle over it. Not too white, not too pink -- a really nice natural!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No No No

I was just coming over to the dark side.

Too slow here.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, like Mara, I''m getting a little tired of the light pinks and when she mentioned corals I was inspired--bright pinks and reds aren''t really my thang, but corals work better with my skin tone and it sounds like a nice change.

I ordered:
OPI Los Cabos Coral
OPI Totally Tangerine
Essie Cocktail Hour
Essie Shindig
Essie Cool-Lots

For less than $20 I''ll take the chance and not try them out first...if I don''t like them I''ll give them to my nieces or something.
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2007 11:06:01 AM
Author: Mara

i need to get a few new polishes...but i am kind of tired of pinks. maybe there will be some pretty soft sheer corals this season!!
I''m SO looking forward to bright pinks! I''m a nail polish fanatic and have probably 20-30 pink polishes! lol

Corals don''t really look good on me, but if you''re looking for a sheer/soft coral with a hint of pink undertone, Chanel Miami Peach is gorgeous. It''s the only coral that I can wear that doesn''t look too orangy on me.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
whee monnie let me know how you like them. i really want a soft sheer coral, not talking bright miami orange here!! my skin is dark so bright colors show up even brighter so i have to definitely keep it toned down.

MC i might check that one out, thanks!

Giada

Shiny_Rock
I want a color that looks like this on my nails (bottom right).

bbcoral.jpg

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Ooooo, I like those Bobbie Brown colors.

OPI''s Apricocha Cheatin'' might work for you, Mara.

My all time favorite sheer pink is Creative''s Sheer Contentment. It''s sophisticated and looks great over a French manicure.

I also found a FANTASIC line at Sally''s called Finger Paints. It''s every bit as good as OPI and wears better in a lot of cases. If you like a more nude pink with a shimmer that''s a little more opaque, Pastel Me More is beautiful.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Yes, yes more suggestions please as my nails need paintin! Sheers work the best for me--yellows w hint of gold, or corals & pinks. Maybe a pale lilac. Will check out BB next time I am DT.

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right up my alley! Bare Essentials
mineral-nails.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
essie-spring-2007-colors.jpg

Essie.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d like to find a nice bright pink. I am bored with my light pink polish. The Bobbie Brown might be just what I''m looking for.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
mmm this thread just reminded me! i might take a trip to the beauty supply store today and stock up on some spring colors!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw man ... I'm still in darks-ville too. Must be a Northeast thing!! But, it *is* getting into the 50s here .. hmmm.

Has anyone else tried OPI's Bogota Blackberry? -- my DH *LOVED* it ... I call it my "racecar" polish because it has that subtle sparkly glimmer of hot-rod car paint. Felt glam & 40s for some reason. Forgot to snap it before it chipped though -- I'm tempted to do that color again this week though .. hmmmm.

Oh -- if there are any dark lurkers -- I found a cheap Wicked substitute that I like even better ... L'oreal's "Stroke of Midnight" ... faboooooooo

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
I''m looking for a nice silver for pink, but I do still wear my vamp nailpolish although today I''m wearing Beige Rose by Chanel - I LOVE it. Very neutral and has a hint of pink without being too pink for my office look - lots of greys and blacks.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s getting spring-y here so, i am really looking forward to some lighter colors too!
36.gif

i am intrigued by deco''s recommendation of bogota blackberry though... i love a good racecar color
31.gif

and since i *hated* wicked for the longest time because i could not get it to dry (now i know you need a quick dry top coat!
37.gif
) i also found some dark alternatives.... my rec for a wicked alternative is revlon''s ''vixen''

now...back to the pinks!
35.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/9/2007 2:45:11 PM
Author: monarch64
Well, like Mara, I''m getting a little tired of the light pinks and when she mentioned corals I was inspired--bright pinks and reds aren''t really my thang, but corals work better with my skin tone and it sounds like a nice change.

I ordered:
OPI Los Cabos Coral
OPI Totally Tangerine
Essie Cocktail Hour
Essie Shindig
Essie Cool-Lots

For less than $20 I''ll take the chance and not try them out first...if I don''t like them I''ll give them to my nieces or something.
9.gif
I forgot all about this thread!

The Los Cabos Coral is kind of a pink-ish coral, not really an orange-y coral, it''s ok but not my favorite.
The Tangerine is just that--bright metallic tangerine--but I love it for toes! I wear a lot of browns/ivories in the summer and I think it will look great at least on my toes.
Cocktail Hour and Shindig are super pretty bright pinks, love them both. Cool-Lots is a sparkly but verrrrry sheer coral (MARA). I will probably end up wearing the Cool-Lots over something else since it has that sparkle in it.

Sally Hansen also makes a Wicked alternative, but I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the color.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
For a sheer peachy look with just a hint of sparkle I like Essie''s Power Lunch with a coat of their new Cool-Lots on top. It is very pretty and natural looking and a nice change from the sheer pinks.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I'm pretty conservative with my polish, so I've been using OPI Sweetheart. Not too pink, white or biege on my nails and looks good with a French, if I get one. BTW, cute puppy pic, Sundial
1.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Do your toes and fingers match? A lot of times I wear a sheer pinkish on my toes and go with whatever I''m in the mood for on my fingers. I tend to go longer between toe polish and don''t want to be stuck with something on them that doesn''t go with everything.

I''ve been wearing a lot of sheer pinks and nudes. Getting kind of tired of them and think I''m in the mood for Essie Watermelon. I know it''s from a few seasons ago, but it''s also hard to beat OPI Chaching Cherry. It''s just really a great color! Maybe it''s me, but sometimes I really don''t like the new colors enough to change.

BTW, I love Bogata Blackberry. It''s not as dark as it looks in the bottle, which was nice because I was a little wary of it before I saw it on someone else. I think it''s good all year round.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2007 3:39:15 PM
Author: risingsun
I''m pretty conservative with my polish, so I''ve been using OPI Sweetheart. Not too pink, white or biege on my nails and looks good with a French, if I get one. BTW, cute puppy pic, Sundial
1.gif
My Jack Russell terrier (Haley) thanks you RS!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh cool-lots sounds right up my alley!! i really want a coraly soft color and mixing and matching it with pinks could be a great look. i won''t paint my toes with it though, my skin gets too dark on my feet to have a really pale color on there unless it''s a basic french. but it sounds perfect for hands...thanks for the recommend!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2007 4:44:17 PM
Author: lumpkin
Do your toes and fingers match? A lot of times I wear a sheer pinkish on my toes and go with whatever I''m in the mood for on my fingers. I tend to go longer between toe polish and don''t want to be stuck with something on them that doesn''t go with everything.

I''ve been wearing a lot of sheer pinks and nudes. Getting kind of tired of them and think I''m in the mood for Essie Watermelon. I know it''s from a few seasons ago, but it''s also hard to beat OPI Chaching Cherry. It''s just really a great color! Maybe it''s me, but sometimes I really don''t like the new colors enough to change.

BTW, I love Bogata Blackberry. It''s not as dark as it looks in the bottle, which was nice because I was a little wary of it before I saw it on someone else. I think it''s good all year round.
I tend to use pale colors on fingers and go a little bolder on toes...I have no idea why. I''ve been using OPI Nomad''s Dream on my toes. It''s kind of hard to describe...not really dark and looks good with most everything
1.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
There's a really great color by OPI called, I think, Dutch Tulips. It's right between red and pink so it goes with either. That's one thing that I think looks bad - red polish with a pink outfit or pink polish with you red outfit, on say the 4th of July!
6.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So this is how mental I am about toe color: I have size 9.5 feet (so shoes I usually have to wear 10''s because most don''t come in half sizes after 9, I''m also 5''10" so they don''t look totally Ronald McDonald, but still they are big as far as ladies'' feet go, lol!) I remember reading in some magazine a loooonnng time ago that if you have larger feet wearing a bright or dark shade can draw the attention away from the "largeness" and create the illusion of not so huge feet. That has stuck in my head for sooo long I find it hard to wear anything but bright or dark shades on my toes, unless I know I''m wearing say, a peep-toed heel or something else that generally makes my feet look smaller than say, flip flops with all that skin hanging out, ha! The whole idea for me is to stay away from colors that sort of blend in with my skin color and don''t "pop"...am I totally off base here? I do love a nice French pedicure, but usually only when I''m wearing something super strappy that also makes the tootsies look a little more, uh, delicate.

I do have to say that I will probably break out the Wicked and Espresso your Style a few times this summer...something about wearing those super darks in the summer is sort of unexpected and refreshing from time to time! Plus it was kind of hard to show it off this winter when I was wearing close-toed shoes!

Giada

Shiny_Rock
I discovered a cool combo while playing around with all of my pale shades over the weekend.

One coat of OPI's Bubble Bath, topped with one coat of Essie's Cabana Boy.

Cabana Boy is extremely sheer with a very subtle silvery sheen and lavender undertones (the lavender does not show up on the nails). The sheen gives the nails a nice "glow" without being frosty. I have warm/olive toned skin, so the coolness of the Cabana Boy really is a nice contrast. I'll try to post some pics b/c I just realized this description sounds a little weird.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2007 8:50:09 AM
Author: Giada
I discovered a cool combo while playing around with all of my pale shades over the weekend.

One coat of OPI''s Bubble Bath, topped with one coat of Essie''s Cabana Boy.

Cabana Boy is extremely sheer with a very subtle silvery sheen and lavender undertones (the lavender does not show up on the nails). The sheen gives the nails a nice ''glow'' without being frosty. I have warm/olive toned skin, so the coolness of the Cabana Boy really is a nice contrast. I''ll try to post some pics b/c I just realized this description sounds a little weird.
bubble bath and cabana boy sounds like the perfect combination to me
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results