shape
carat
color
clarity

Spring Nail Polish

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Deco I LOVE Bogota Blackberry - its one of my fall/winter staples!!

I finally decided to break out of the rut at the nail salon this past time, and I was actually in the mood for a purply pink (can''t really wear corals except in high summer - its just a mental block for me...). Anyway, for anyone looking for the perfect purple plus pink shade, definitely check out OPI''s Japanese Rose Garden - I even love the name!!
30.gif
30.gif
My mom loved how it looked so much she got it too, and its really unusual for us to find colors that look good on both of us (she has skin several shades darker with much warmer undertones), but this one really did.

Also, for fingers, I''ve been loving Chanel''s Ballerina. I was doing Mademoiselle for a long time, but Ballerina is a little bit warmer, which to me looks much more flattering and natural. It would probably be a great complimentary finger color for those of you who are doing corals!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol belle!!

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/13/2007 11:25:06 AM
Author: AmberGretchen
Deco I LOVE Bogota Blackberry - its one of my fall/winter staples!!

I finally decided to break out of the rut at the nail salon this past time, and I was actually in the mood for a purply pink (can''t really wear corals except in high summer - its just a mental block for me...). Anyway, for anyone looking for the perfect purple plus pink shade, definitely check out OPI''s Japanese Rose Garden - I even love the name!!
30.gif
30.gif
My mom loved how it looked so much she got it too, and its really unusual for us to find colors that look good on both of us (she has skin several shades darker with much warmer undertones), but this one really did.

Also, for fingers, I''ve been loving Chanel''s Ballerina. I was doing Mademoiselle for a long time, but Ballerina is a little bit warmer, which to me looks much more flattering and natural. It would probably be a great complimentary finger color for those of you who are doing corals!
One of my favs too!

Giada

Shiny_Rock
I just saw a picture of Kate Winslet's Oscar manicure on Deborah Lippmann's site. One coat of Night & Day topped with one coat of Diamonds & Pearls. Looks nice!

www.lippmanncollection.com

dazzle66

Rough_Rock
I wonder if y''all can help me find a nail polish color. I love the pale pinks, similar to Essie''s Mademoiselle, but I hate how transparant the colors actually are when you paint them on the nail. I have tried painting a white color first as a base coat and then painting the pink on top, but it never seems very pink in the end. Does anybody know of some good lighter pink colors that go on opaque and hold their color? I just want my nails to be the same color pink as what the bottle looks like.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 3:53:23 PM
Author: dazzle66
I wonder if y''all can help me find a nail polish color. I love the pale pinks, similar to Essie''s Mademoiselle, but I hate how transparant the colors actually are when you paint them on the nail. I have tried painting a white color first as a base coat and then painting the pink on top, but it never seems very pink in the end. Does anybody know of some good lighter pink colors that go on opaque and hold their color? I just want my nails to be the same color pink as what the bottle looks like.
You might try Essie''s Mini-How High. It is a nice pretty pink and not quite as sheer as some of the others.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went to Neiman''s to buy the new Bobbie Brown polish and they said it''s not out yet. I don''t want to order it online, because I want to see it in person first. Kinda bummed.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Comed the mall today but found only a pink for my toes--the new O''Oreal called Wishful Pinking (260). No pale apricot tho
7.gif
for my fingernails.....Lucky to find the Spring Dior apricot sheer lipstick and gloss--sold out in one place....

cheers--Sharon

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 3:53:23 PM
Author: dazzle66
I wonder if y'all can help me find a nail polish color. I love the pale pinks, similar to Essie's Mademoiselle, but I hate how transparant the colors actually are when you paint them on the nail. I have tried painting a white color first as a base coat and then painting the pink on top, but it never seems very pink in the end. Does anybody know of some good lighter pink colors that go on opaque and hold their color? I just want my nails to be the same color pink as what the bottle looks like.
Hi Dazzle,

Try Essie's Limo-Scene. It is the same color as Mademoiselle, but it is more opaque. Two coats is just perfect for the look you're trying to achieve.

I'm a Mademoiselle-devotee, but sometimes I need to hide nail imperfections with something more opaque...which is when I reach for the Limo-Scene.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Has anyone else tried OPI''s Bogota Blackberry? -- my DH *LOVED* it
I like Bogota Blackberry, too, but haven''t worn it in over a year. I took the time to round up all my polishes and I have collected 48 of them! lol Way too many to actually wear them all.

As far as matching. . . I ONLY wear sheers on my fingers and bold colors on my toes, so luckily anything goes. I just try to make sure that during the winter, when my feet are pale, that I wear cool tones and during the summer, when my feet are tan, I be sure to make some use out of the warmer shades I own.

dazzle66

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I''ll have to check out those colors; they sound great.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 6:49:36 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Comed the mall today but found only a pink for my toes--the new O''Oreal called Wishful Pinking (260). No pale apricot tho
7.gif
for my fingernails.....Lucky to find the Spring Dior apricot sheer lipstick and gloss--sold out in one place....

cheers--Sharon

Sharon: Do tell about this Dior lipstick and gloss? Good?

I ordered some new nail colors from 8t8 y''day. I want to try the Essie Coolots, and Essie also has a very bright coral (real pretty) called boathouse that I ordered as well. I might have ordered Limoscene or OPI Los Cabos Coral, I can''t remember now! LOL.

I''ll let you all know how I like them.

I have Apricocha Cheatin'' on my toes right now (had a pedi last week & the sun was out, all the coral polish talk on here got me craving a spring color) but its too pastel-y for me. Pretty though!

Jeannine

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I got my colors in today!

Essie Limoscene...kind of a cross between Mademoiselle and OPI bubblebath. 1 coat is really pretty (coolots might look great over that)

Essie Boathouse...OMG "the" coral for me! Somewhere right between red & orange, but not too much of either...this will look good with all my summer maternity wear. Its not a metallic, but I bet the coolots would look awesome over it!

Essie Coolots...(neat color for fingers! ) By itself its very understated, that might be a good thing since i''m a mommy with not a lot of time, it won''t show if it chips...bonus! But I love the soft coraly sparkle in it. Nice find thanks to you ps-ers!

Cheers!

Jeannine

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/18/2007 4:00:40 PM
Author: divergrrl

Date: 3/14/2007 6:49:36 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Comed the mall today but found only a pink for my toes--the new O'Oreal called Wishful Pinking (260). No pale apricot tho
7.gif

cheers--Sharon

Sharon: Do tell about this Dior lipstick and gloss? Good?
HI Jeannie:

Yes, I am very happy with these colors. The Dior Addict Lipstick is #540 and is a Ultra-Nude, coral (hint of pink). The Dior Kiss gloss, is called Orange Nectar and is definately "orange", but sheer with a hint of sparkle. The lipstick has enough shine that they don't don't "need" to be worn together, but I have been in the evening for that "extra" sparkle
2.gif
. I have been wearing Dior for years and love their formulations--nice and moisturing and don't cause (me) any sensitivity. My favorite all time apricot color was a shade made by Orlane, but sadly it was d/c--I am still searching for it's perfect replacement!

BTW, I have been searching for those Essie polishes, but to no avail. I bought some inexpensive Sally Hansen in a light orange, but am stilll searching for an Apricot. I must look harder! Do they make good quality polishes?

cheers--Sharon

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Just an update...

I found a new combo that I like very much! I use 1-2 coats of Essie Limo-scene, topped with one coat of Essie Dune Road. Dune Road is an extremely sheer neutral with a bit of shimmer, not frost. It looks very nice and classy for the office, and looks nice for dates with the husband.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2007 1:13:08 PM
Author: decodelighted

Has anyone else tried OPI's Bogota Blackberry?
Lurrrrrrve that color!!! Got it at the salon once and bought a bottle for home!

Gotta dig out all my pale pink Essie colors for spring.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results