shape
carat
color
clarity

spring break animals

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve got a bunch of pics but talking about cameras inspired me to edit these down to size... at least some of them - some of them I captured the best parts in full size just cause - the leopard''s eyes for example... beautiful aqua color!! Here we go, I think there''s 15 of them :)

This is a jellyfish... but I''m sure you know that LOL

cbsb001.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another...

cbsb002.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
There''s only four of them - this is the third LOL

cbsb003.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
last jelly... there were other pics that were kinda better but the other jellys were all crowded around and it didn''t make for a good picture.

cbsb004.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is a shrunken down picture of this shot

ETA this shot makes a really cool desktop!!

cbsb005.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
A close up of one of the animals in the previous shot...

ETA - rather this is a full sized image - not a closeup. I wish I could post every picture full size! In some I shrunk the picture down like the last one... in others I established a 700x700 empty frame, pasted the full size as a layer and found the image I wanted to capture at full size.

cbsb006.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last sea creature....

cbsb007.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Something about the way these boar lined up just made me chuckle.... almost like see/hear/speak no evil! lol

cbsb008.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
The peacocks here LOVED showing off... got so many great pics, but this one of a white peacock in a straight view really struck me :)

cbsb009.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sleepy lion...

cbsb010.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
close up of the last shot - sleepy lion''s face... looks like you want to pet it right? haha - I didn''t edit the pic where the lion is yawning and showing its massive teeth!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Helps if I attach the picture! LOL

cbsb011.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful leopard...

cbsb012.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
had to get a close shot of the eyes!

cbsb013.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a handsome young cougar!

cbsb014.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last one... depot bay... amazing blue skies!! Views like this make Oregon look like a great place to be! :D

cbsb015.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looooooooooooove that white peacock picture!!

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
these are cool.so close up , how did you get so close? Thanks for sharilng

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love those gorgeous big kitties!

*Said in bratty Veruca Salt voice* Hey Daddy, I want a leopard kitten. I want a leopard kitten NOW!

Not to mention that beautiful white peacock!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those pics are amazing. I loved all of them but the Leopard was my fave!!!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Cehra:

When I read the title of your thread "Spring Break Animals" I thought it was about teenagers behaving badly!!! LOL

Great pictures! I love the three boars, something about that one is really cool!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2007 8:55:15 PM
Author: scarleta
these are cool.so close up , how did you get so close? Thanks for sharilng
Its just the way the park is set up... and they have holes cut in the fence for "cameras only" LOL The leopard and cougar though didn''t have that and you were much closer to them... but I just put the lens up close and the focus was several feet ahead so it didn''t even show the fence. The cougar is about 8 feet away, the leopard about 6, the lion about 20 but I had that on zoom. I didn''t have the cougar or leopard on zoom or at least not on full zoom. Those are edited down from much larger pictures either by resizing the image or resizing the canvas.

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
i taut i taw a puddy tat.....I DID!!! I DID!!!

Nice pix, Cehra!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that white peacock pic! Keep him/her away from the kitties, lol!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Those are some incredible pictures! The white peacock is quite striking -- I've never seen a white one. The ones you took of the leopard are wonderful. He looks very relaxed, LOL!

I thought I'd add some I took from my kitchen window just this afternoon. The cardinal was very far away and very difficult to capture. The squirrel was very cooperative.

cardinalweb.JPG

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
And this little stinker.

squirrelweb.JPG

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2007 10:56:31 PM
Author: lumpkin
Those are some incredible pictures! The white peacock is quite striking -- I''ve never seen a white one. The ones you took of the leopard are wonderful. He looks very relaxed, LOL!

I thought I''d add some I took from my kitchen window just this afternoon. The cardinal was very far away and very difficult to capture. The squirrel was very cooperative.
The leopard actually was NOT relaxed
7.gif
Well at the point I took the pics he was *trying* to be but there was a family taunting him (they shoulda been kicked out) and they kept laughing at the cat thinking it was funny to torment him and he was cowered in a corner growling and hissing at them (he didn''t act like that toward anyone else but they were making noises at him etc) and you could tell he was scared and not aggressive toward them... finally he jumped down and paced in a back corner for a while before climbing in a dark corner and curling up. He did NOT go to sleep and he was probably very tired (you know how cats love to snooze) and he just stayed curled up and looking out from his heavy eyes suspciously at the world.

I''ve only seen a cardinal once in my life... when we were living in florida I happened to see one fly by ONCE. Even after having seen them in books etc I was *really* surprised by how bright red they are!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2007 10:58:16 PM
Author: lumpkin
And this little stinker.
he looks totally like he''s mugging for the camera lol

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous cardinal picture!!!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
SanDiegoLady, I live in the Kansas City area. We do get cardinals, but that was the very first time I''d seen one in our backyard. It has been rainy and the ground is nice and saturated. He was looking for worms! He''s a very fat cardinal! The squirrel is really fat, too.

Cehra, I was really struck by how red he was, too. OMG, he just pooped off the background of damp, spring green grass (or weeds
emembarrassed.gif
). You would have been proud of me, though. I saw him and showed him to the boys and one of them got my camera for me. A few years ago we replaced the back windows with the tilt in kind you can clean from inside, and since I just cleaned them it occurred to me I could lower the top window and get a picture with no glass obstructing the shot, so I did! I was so pleased with myself, LOL! (It doesn''t take much to amuse me!) And after making repeated attempts to catch the bird facing us without kids toys or a tree trunk between us, I finally got that shot. When we first saw him he was much closer to us and I wish I would have been able to get a shot of him closer. He was magnificent. And the squirrel -- he looks so innocent on the fence, as opposed to under the hood of one of the cars!
11.gif
As for the zoo, some people are less civilized than the animals.
29.gif

Firegoddess, there is just something about an overcast spring day when it''s been raining. The grass is just this brilliant yellowish green, and that truly is the reddest cardinal I''ve ever seen in real life. What luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results