shape
carat
color
clarity

Spread Advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kimmy

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hello there!

I''ve been lurking for a very long time. The posts and tools here have really helped me to become a more educated buyer. I need some advice on a pair of diamond stud earrings I''m thinking of buying. Most of the stats seem good and the jeweler says the cut is ideal, but the spread seems a little small to me.

The stats:
3.07 ctw
I color
VS2 clarity
depth: 61.4% 61.6%
table: 57% 58%
crown angle: 34 degrees
spread measures: 7.1mm
excellent polish
excellent symmetry

Does the spread sound right?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are the angles and girdle?

Are they round?

Tolk-ish 1.5s are around 7.4 mm

Kimmy

Shiny_Rock
Trade
They are rounds. The diamonds have crown angles of 34 degrees, but the jeweler doesn''t know the pavilion angles or girdle.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
huh?

how come? is it a graded stone?

Kimmy

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Honestly, I''m a bit confused too. It comes with a GAA certificate, but I believe that''s a grading school not a lab. The seller has a good reputation and has been very patient with me while I''ve saved up. Spread is pretty important to me so I''m a little concerned.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think GAA is an Australian lab...

Kimmy

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Do you all think I should pass on these earrings or go for them? I''m getting a pretty good price, but if the diamonds are going to look more like 1.33ct stones than 1.53 stones then I may as well buy smaller stones. This is the largest luxury purchase I''ve ever made and I don''t want to upgrade my studs in the future.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/4/2009 5:36:56 PM
Author: Kimmy
Do you all think I should pass on these earrings or go for them? I'm getting a pretty good price, but if the diamonds are going to look more like 1.33ct stones than 1.53 stones then I may as well buy smaller stones. This is the largest luxury purchase I've ever made and I don't want to upgrade my studs in the future.
Its hard to say without the pavilion angle...With the diameter then if you want the look of 1.5 and you aren't getting it with these then see what else is out there.

Kimmy

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I think I''m going to go ahead with the diamonds as they seem to be a good deal and the pictures are very pretty. I also like that I have the option of upgrading or returning. Does anyone know of GAA''s reputation? Is their grading fairly strict? Thanks for all the help!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/5/2009 1:01:11 PM
Author: Kimmy
I think I''m going to go ahead with the diamonds as they seem to be a good deal and the pictures are very pretty. I also like that I have the option of upgrading or returning. Does anyone know of GAA''s reputation? Is their grading fairly strict? Thanks for all the help!
Most welcome!

The only thing I could find out by doing a search here is that they are an Australian lab but I don''t know how accurate they are.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results