shape
carat
color
clarity

Spot an inclusion in a VVS diamond

Lilyh

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Is it normal to spot the inclusions on a VVS diamond with a naked eye? I was able to identity a white dot on my diamond under normal room lightnings (see attached photos), and I was not able to wipe it off after several tries. My diamond is an AGS VVS2 diamond, and the clarity pot noted pinpoints as the only inclusion.

FC6235A7-E153-4BCA-BEC4-E51F77A50E42.jpeg 048D2BB9-7876-4F54-A475-C49146214EEC.jpeg

Please advise.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Wow I can see it. Is this normal?

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
I believe inclusions are graded face up, so this would not technically count.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Lilyh ,
Normally, people with 20/20 vision would not be able to see a pinpoint with the naked eye, even from the side. People that are near sighted, with the ability to focus within 4-6 inches, might be able to resolve a pinpoint.

I suspect it might be a piece of stubborn dirt on the surface. Try soaking it in a dilute solution of household ammonia and warm water for a few hours or overnight. Then take a toothbrush and clean, rinse and dry.

Another reason I suspect this might be the case, I see something else in the image close to a prong. I have circled it in darker red pencil.

pinpoint.jpg

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Is graining listed on the report anywhere?

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I believe inclusions are graded face up, so this would not technically count.

I believe the entire stone is examined for clarity grading.

Lilyh

Rough_Rock
@Lilyh ,
Normally, people with 20/20 vision would not be able to see a pinpoint with the naked eye, even from the side. People that are near sighted, with the ability to focus within 4-6 inches, might be able to resolve a pinpoint.

I suspect it might be a piece of stubborn dirt on the surface. Try soaking it in a dilute solution of household ammonia and warm water for a few hours or overnight. Then take a toothbrush and clean, rinse and dry.

Another reason I suspect this might be the case, I see something else in the image close to a prong. I have circled it in darker red pencil.

pinpoint.jpg

I see. Thank you. I will try soaking it first.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results