shape
carat
color
clarity
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PriceScope Upgrade Completed
    For issues, questions and comments click the link below
    https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pricescope-upgraded-comments-and-issues.229551/

Dismiss Notice

Split Shank for Marquise

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by KatieKat23, Aug 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KatieKat23
    Rough_Rock

by KatieKat23 » Aug 6, 2005
    My boyfriend and I are looking for an engagement ring"yeah" but I have been looking for a specific setting like crazy. Its a split shank with diamonds. The first one I saw was at Whitehall jewelers but we refuse to pay their $2,200 price. Tim and I have been together for 9 years.....(14 & 16) I am now 23 and we decided its time. This setting is absolutly georgeous but I can''t seem to find it anywhere. The ones I have seen are for different stones. We are both still in college and work full time so we a most deffinatly on a budget. The diamond we are buying is close to $5,200 and we decided on a $6,000 budget. PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!

2. mrssalvo
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by mrssalvo » Aug 6, 2005
    well, $800 is not a lot for a detailed setting. are you wanted whitegold or plat. are their diamonds on the shank or was it plain?

3. mrssalvo
    Super_Ideal_Rock

oops, just noticed where you said the shank had diamonds. did it look anything like this pear ring from dirtcheapdiamonds

[​IMG]

4. KatieKat23
    Rough_Rock

It had diamonds. Do you think I''m wanting to much, for the price range. We could always spend a little more.

5. MissAva
    Ideal_Rock

by MissAva » Aug 6, 2005
    Yikes...800$ including tax is tight budget for a detailed setting. What info do you have about it? What exactly do you love?

6. MissAva
    Ideal_Rock

by MissAva » Aug 6, 2005
    If you can spend a little more I think it might be worth it for you to contact Bob Hoskins at WhiteFlash to custom design your setting for you. He is uber polite in both phone and e-mail conversations and will work up a quote in very little time.

7. mrssalvo
    Super_Ideal_Rock

I have not seen any "ready Made" settings like you are describing. I do think you could go the custom route and it might be less than the Whitehall price.

8. KatieKat23
    Rough_Rock

Yes!!!! Exactly but for a marquise

9. KatieKat23
    Rough_Rock

Who is he and how do I contact him?

10. mrssalvo
    Super_Ideal_Rock

i second the Bob vote. I have worked with him and will be working with him again in the future. It would definitely be worth it to give Whiteflash a call and get a quote.

there are also many other great vendors here and if one is local for you that would be even better.

11. MissAva
    Ideal_Rock

by MissAva » Aug 6, 2005
    KatieKat23 I PMed you Bob''s contact information. Where are you from? WhiteFlash is based in Houston Texas.

12. MissAva
    Ideal_Rock

by MissAva » Aug 6, 2005
    For NJ a well liked jewlerly store Roman Jewelers does custom work. They set a princess cut stone from my SO for me about 2.5 years ago and did a fantastic job and are quite friendly.

13. mrssalvo
    Super_Ideal_Rock

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.