shape
carat
color
clarity

spinel, would love to set it but...

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
... unfortunately I have a really hard time envisioning different metal colors with it.

I would really like to set it in a bezel bridge type design, like this http://www.etsy.com/listing/75418285/reserved-for-chasiu?ref=af_you_favitem

the spinel in question is 6.3mm round, and I'd say it usually has a pink/peachy-pink color to it. I asked for a quote for an all silver design, as well as one for silver band and rose gold bezel like the one pictured. I just can't seem to picture it in my mind and that makes me a bit nervous. I'd be a little sad if I made my very pretty spinel look a little less pretty than it could have been

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

July 033.JPG

July 034.JPG

July 035.JPG

July 040.JPG

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm thinking the all-silver is a very safe bet and the pink would contrast nicely and stand out well.

The rose-gold bezel with silver shank is a very nice combo with a little more pizazz; I'm just wondering if the rose gold color will best show off the pink/peachy-pink of your spinel -- sometimes rose gold can be more pink or more coppery and if it were too coppery then I might be inclined to say go with the all-sterling version.

On the other hand, for some reason, I keep thinking, what if the rose-gold bezel has a thin milgrain edging just on the inside? Somehow, I think that will help the spinel "pop" against the bezel rather than meld in to the rose-gold, if you know what I mean.

By the way, your spinel looks like such a pretty pink with a nice cut too -- it should look great in that setting you chose!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I tried to Photoshop the ring from Etsy, but I think the color of the stone is a little bit more purple than your spinel. Doing this helped me understand what marymm meant about pink gold sometimes being too coppery. I think your stone may make the pink gold look more yellow than if it were set with a white colored stone for instance.

il_fullxfull.249096867peach.jpg

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for the input!
I had been wondering the same thing about the rose gold. Everyone seems to have slightly different hues depending on the proportions of metals they use to make it.
I also had been wondering about asking for milgrain, but I'm already considering a satin finish band/shank, with high polish rose gold bezel. crazy? too much? or a good idea? lol, I just have such a hard time envisioning it!

Freke! would you believe I have earrings from the same guy? my FI got them for my birthday this year and ever since I've been in love. I've been searching for a tsav to put in a ring similar to the blue sapphire hydrangea ring he has in his sold items. drool.
I like your spinel/rose gold combo. That gives me a bit more confidence to go ahead with mine.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
my pitiful attempt... not photoshop, but Powerpoint! lol :rodent:

gives me a better idea I guess. I'm likin' it!

spinelringmockup.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I very rarely say rose gold for anything but in this case I think it would be beautiful. *TL faints with surprise*

When I saw your photos, your spinel really looked like a Malaya Garnet - so I think it will have peach and rose tones to it? If so, I think it'll work with whatever rose gold you have i.e. coppery or more muted pink and the metal will really compliment the warm tones of the stone. I wouldn't go with a silver/white gold bezel because I think it'd make the stone look cold and hard.

Silver for the shank will work very well though.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
If you like it, go for it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results