shape
carat
color
clarity

Spied Tiffany LUCIDA bezel-set pendant -- want it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wandered into Tiffany''s this weekend to see about getting a longer chain for a pendant I have and spotted the most beautiful necklace on one of the sales associates: A LUCIDA in a thin bezel, kind of DBY style. *faint*

Oh it was so amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I''d guess hers was .75-ish? Maybe even smaller but it sparkled like KRAZZZEEE and had so much more OOOMPH to my eye & tastes than a round.

Went over to the showcases to check it out but the only one they had on display was a 2-3ct ... funnily I didn''t like it in that size as much (not to mention - that''s NOT a LIKELY size for me
3.gif
)

Does anyone else have this pendant??? I already emailed Signed Pieces & made a "wish list" request if one ever shows up there. I am OBSESSED!!!!!!!

Ya know ... my 40th b-day is in Sept
31.gif
11.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
That IS a nice necklace. I have a friend who has it in H. VS1, 0.84ct, and it''s ideal on her. She''s about 5'' 2" and slender, and that thing at that size just gleams off her neck like a beacon... it helps she''s Hawaiian with tan skin...
9.gif

You know they actually use stones that have larger corners for bezel. If the corner is half the size of the sides (more stop signish), they will bezel them...and in my opinion those are the nicer stones...maybe that''s why that stone in bezel to me looks far better than in a solitaire...?

What size and type stone did you want?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2007 1:42:23 PM
Author: Nicrez
I have a friend who has it in H. VS1, 0.84ct, and it's ideal on her. She's about 5' 2' and slender, and that thing at that size just gleams off her neck like a beacon...What size and type stone did you want?

Well I'm 5-9 1/2 and, um, UN-slender
31.gif
... yet I'd guess .50-.90 would be the largest I'd deem "affordable" in the next year or so (barring freelance jackpots or LOTTO winnings)
9.gif
. "H" is my sweetspot but "I" could work for a a pendant -- I'd even go lower but, ha, Tiffany's doesn't. Clarity is unimportant to me in that cut & size for a pendant.

It's interesting about the stop-sign shaped LUCIDAS being earmarked for bezeling ... whatever they're doing IT WORKS. It literally took my breath away ... I was in the middle of asking her about chains and stopped mid-word to exclaim: OH MY GOD YOUR NECKLACE IS AMAZING.

If they'd had one in the "right" size ... I think I would have impulse purchased & rationalized later. Now I've cooled a bit (and booked our Irish honeymoon in the meantime -- so more $$ out the door) but it is SERIOUSLY ON MY RADAR. It will be mine, I say. Oh it will be mine!
25.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
** bumping to see if anyone else HAS or has SEEN this
18.gif
delight ***

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
sounds great! I would love to see one!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh! It sounds fantastic. I think it necessitates a trip to Tiffany''s next time I go to Chicago just to see it!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Deco,
Where''s the linky??? I wanna see a pic of it, is it on Tiff''s website???

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2007 10:52:05 PM
Author: Kaleigh
is it on Tiff''s website???

I don''t think so .. i haven''t been able to find any photos!!!! DRATTTTTT! Some knock-off company is making a fakey but it is yuck - NOTHING like the real thing.

Maybe it''s new??

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, so like this ring, only as a solitare pendant? I bet that is spectacular...
What''s the price in the .5-.8ct range?

lucibez.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2007 1:36:10 PM
Author: mercoledi
Oooh, so like this ring, only as a solitare pendant? I bet that is spectacular...

What''s the price in the .5-.8ct range?

Well it''s SORTA like that picture - but much squarer/octagonal/stopsignish and the bezel is very thin ... it''s chain comes off of it on either side of the top plane kind of DBTY style.

But ...

OUCHIES

The Tiffany closest to me only has one in stock .62 F VS1 --- $7,200
23.gif

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
Is the Lucinda like a Flanders? If so, I wonder if you could find a stone through Good Old Gold (or the like) and have something similar made for a little less than the original Tiffany...?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2007 2:00:03 AM
Author: parrot tulips
Is the Lucinda like a Flanders? If so, I wonder if you could find a stone through Good Old Gold (or the like) and have something similar made for a little less than the original Tiffany...?

I''ve been thinking about this option too ... not sure if they''re making Flanders stones anymore ... Regents seem dried up in the marketplace ... but I read about a new cut?? yesterday -- when I google searched for Lucida photos ... something called The EUPHORIA?? By the same people who developed the Lucida cut for Tiffany??? Maybe I can find THAT pix again & post here -- don''t know WHO carries it though ... & maybe it''s like the HOF "Dream" Cut --- super pricey itself. GROAN.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm ... okay it''s the "Euphora"

And here''s the description:

"Geoffrey''s is proud to present a new diamond cut, The Euphora(tm). The Euphora(tm) is a cut cornered square mix cut, try saying that twice in a row! It''s a step cut from the table to the girdle and a brilliant cut pavilion. It has a total of 56 facets. The Euphoratm was conceived and created by the people who created the Tiffany Lucidatm diamond. The main difference is an additional step facet on the crown and the price of the Euphoratm. The Euphoratm has a total depth of between 69% to 73%, the Tiffany Lucidatm diamond has a 75% to 78% depth. The relative low depth of the Euphoratm enables a 1.00ct stone to reach a diameter comparable to other square stones namely, princess and Radianttm cut diamonds, but with much more brilliance. The Euphoratm is a Geoffrey''s favorite, just for the "WOW" factor, and is available in a wide range of color, clarity and carat sizes."

euphorastone.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow ... it''s pretty cool ... step cut crown, brilliant cut pavillion -- signature feature: prisms of colored light created by the mixed cut.

Seems to only be sold in CA stores right now .... hmmmm....

biggereuphora.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco,
Sorry to threadjack. I have a 0.41 Lucida. Is that too small to set into a bezel as a pendant? You can be painfully honest.
1.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I went to Tiffany''s in San Diego today... wasn''t too impressed with the bezel set pendant I saw. The edges didn''t seem very smooth. Kinda wavey.

The stone was real pretty tho, and it looked a lot like a stop sign. Big corners.

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
The X-Factor stones on the Whiteflash site remind me a little of the Euphora you posted, minus the step cut crown.

xfactor.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
HOF Dream

dreamd-pg-drmdiamond-img.jpg

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2007 10:29:51 AM
Author: decodelighted
Hmm ... okay it's the 'Euphora'

And here's the description:

'Geoffrey's is proud to present a new diamond cut, The Euphora(tm). The Euphora(tm) is a cut cornered square mix cut, try saying that twice in a row! It's a step cut from the table to the girdle and a brilliant cut pavilion. It has a total of 56 facets. The Euphoratm was conceived and created by the people who created the Tiffany Lucidatm diamond. The main difference is an additional step facet on the crown and the price of the Euphoratm. The Euphoratm has a total depth of between 69% to 73%, the Tiffany Lucidatm diamond has a 75% to 78% depth. [not only is that proprietary info, but it's also wrong] The relative low depth of the Euphoratm enables a 1.00ct stone to reach a diameter comparable to other square stones namely, princess and Radianttm cut diamonds, but with much more brilliance. The Euphoratm is a Geoffrey's favorite, just for the 'WOW' factor, and is available in a wide range of color, clarity and carat sizes.'
Do you mind my asking the website for this stone? I know the person who created the Tiffany Lucida diamond by the way. he still works at Tiffany actually, and he never worked for any company called "Geoffrey's" And considering TCo is a large publically held company, they only outsource stones from Siteholders, so every single mom and pop diamond company advertises that they sell or cut TCO stones. I would say a good 97% are lying. Why go to tiny shops with tiny outputs, when they would source several THOUSAND stones (consider how many retail locations there are and diamonds needed) from a LARGER and direct source like a siteholder...
20.gif
38.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooooh ... I found some pix ... can''t tell if this is authentic or not -- but it''s close enough to show what it kinda looks like.

18.gif
39.gif
18.gif
27.gif
30.gif

Tiffanylucidapend.JPG

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
One more ... this is supposedly about a .30 ... yet it looks larger than that compared to the chain link size ... ???

otherlucidapendpix.JPG

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco,

I tried on a 1.5ish one at Tiffany''s in Chicago a few weeks ago. OH MY GOD. You are so right. That is the most stunning necklace ever.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2007 10:18:36 AM
Author: Nicrez
Do you mind my asking the website for this stone? I know the person who created the Tiffany Lucida diamond by the way. he still works at Tiffany actually, and he never worked for any company called ''Geoffrey''s''

Sure ... here''s the link . I emailed them about prices of small stones & they called me back while I wasn''t home. Now I''m skeered to call ''em after your suspicions ... Hmmmm.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 10:27:49 PM
Author: neatfreak
I tried on a 1.5ish one at Tiffany''s in Chicago a few weeks ago. OH MY GOD. You are so right. That is the most stunning necklace ever.
I swear it is HAUNTING MY DREAMS!!! I''m even working on a long shot project just in hopes of the similarly longshot big payday that would "justify" this crazy purchase!!!
11.gif
I am POSSESSED. If that Oprah "Secret" book works then I''m bound to "attract" it to me -- considering how much I''m willing it my way. HA!
9.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I tried on a HOF Dream pendant today and it's stunning...seriously. I'm on a jewelry ban for now
8.gif
They also have RB pendants with tiny, tiny halos. It makes the center stone look huge. It's on my wish list. I showed it to my DH, who looked alarmed. I got my new wedding set a few months ago and just got my Cartier Trinity. I must stop now...I need help
6.gif

ETA: Sorry for the threadjack, Deco! One obessive PSer feeds the obessions of another
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results