shape
carat
color
clarity

Spending Holidays Apart from your SO/Spouse

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Interesting topic. I liked reading all the responses. I feel better about my holiday situation, seeing that there are other people who don't always spend the holidays with their s/o. We both work many holidays, so its kinda tough to find common time when we're both free at holidays. We got to last year, but this year, he's traveling to see his kids and will be gone for a week at Christmas. I have to work, so I'm staying put. My family lives in the area, but several of them are traveling elsewhere this year. I'm bummed about it, and I really wish my parnter and I could spend it together. But I'm trying to be optimistic about it. It really is just another day, and we'll be able to have 'our' Christmas on a different day.

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
When DH and I were newly dating (and out of state from our families, different states), my car broke down one easter which meant I couldn't get back home. I come from a Catholic family and Easter is a huge deal for us, so I was devastated. DH drove all the way back from state A to state B to spend the holiday with me, because I wouldn't make it home to state C.

It set a precedent and no matter what, we do our best to not spend holidays apart. He's my favorite person in the world, whether we are in state A, C, or D (our new location). We've done holidays in many different places, with family or without, but we're always together.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results