shape
carat
color
clarity

Specs on my Diamond. Good price?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Zydan

Rough_Rock
K, I had posted earlier asking advice if I got a good price for my diamond and was asked for a lot more specs so now I have them!
emteeth.gif

EGL USA Certified

Shape and style: Round Brilliant
Measurments: 6.47 - 6.42 x4.01 mm
Depth: 62.20

Ct Weight: 1.03 ct

Cut Grade: EGL Ideal Plus

Clarity Grade: SI2

Colro Grade: F

Fluorescense: None

Polish: Very Good

Symmetry: Very Good

I''m looking at the cert, but hopefully that about covers everything? I paid $5300 - good deal or no?

Thanks in advance!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, the needed info to judge the cut is not there: the crown and pavilion angles, and I don''t even see the table measurement. The issue is, with an EGL stone, you cannot be sure the cert is accurate, so you need to have an independent appraisal before committing to the stone. It easily could be G or H color and I1 in clarity. That''s why it is impossible for us to tell you if you got a good deal. Could you find a better diamond? Yes, you probably could if you have time to look a little further.

Zydan

Rough_Rock
Hmm, the angles? I''m looking at the cert.
There''s the pic of the diamond.

On the very top from left to right total width is 100%
Then under that the top width is 58%.
Angle on top is 35.5 degrees
bottom 40.4 degrees

From the furthest width to the top is 14.90%
From the furthest width to bottom is 43.10%

There''s another number that says 1.2% - 1.9% out to the right of the furthest width.

And there is a line pointing to the bottom point of the diamond that says NONE.

That help?

Sorry to be a bother.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Can you return it? It comes up with good results on the HCA but for the money you spent you can get a GIA or AGS cert with better clarity if you are interested. Is there a return policy on the diamond?

Zydan

Rough_Rock
I just got it today, there''s a 7 day return policy.
The diamond is good? I pretty much just over paid?
What do you think I should be able to get in clarity for that price?

My thing is I''m trying to have the ring my March 5th for our anniversary and they have to get the diamond to Verragio and get it back to me by then so i''m cutting it close as is.

/sigh

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
But if the grading on the EGL cert is accurate and you are not bothered by any potential visible inclusions, the price is fair.

avlis

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/12/2007 8:59:11 PM
Author: Zydan
Hmm, the angles? I''m looking at the cert.

There''s the pic of the diamond.

On the very top from left to right total width is 100% Total diamond width

Then under that the top width is 58%. Table size, as a percentage of width

Angle on top is 35.5 degrees This is the crown angle

bottom 40.4 degrees This is the pavilion angle

From the furthest width to the top is 14.90% This is crown percentage

From the furthest width to bottom is 43.10% This is the pavillion percentage

There''s another number that says 1.2% - 1.9% out to the right of the furthest width. These are the girdle minimum/maximum percentages ( does it say faceted ?)

And there is a line pointing to the bottom point of the diamond that says NONE. This is the cutlet description

That help? Yes

Sorry to be a bother. no bother, we are all here to help eachother

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Does the diamond look nice to you? Have you looked at it and is it pretty? Can you see any visible inclusions or yellow tint?
It is not a bad diamond from the look of the numbers. You could have gotten an SI1 graded by GIA or AGS (labs better respected) and you could have had the polish and sym be ex or ideal . . . but overall it looks good by the numbers, I think from the little I know.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can definitely do G SI1 for same price, or F SI2 for probably 4800-5000. I think the price you paid is ok.

Zydan

Rough_Rock
I did see the diamond, it looked beautiful, no flaws I could see, but I''m no expert.

Well I guess I will stick with what I purchased! Sucks not to get the best deal though. Booo for that!

Zydan

Rough_Rock
I had one more question please.

I found out that the "Ideal Plus" I was talking about is acutally what is Super Ideal Plus Hearts and Arrows.
Does that make the Diamond worth more?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results