shape
carat
color
clarity

Specifications on diamond correct?

timmis1127

Rough_Rock
I am looking at this diamond but i dont have much experience so i am looking for some feedback on what you guys think please. On the cert it says its an Ideal Cut Hearts and Arrows. Is it proportioned correctly? Is it worth the price?

Carat Weight : 2.74
Shape: Round
Cut: Excellent
Color: D
Clarity: SI2
Lab: EGL USA
Depth: 63.10
Table: 60.00
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Gridle: STK
Cutlet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 8.81x8.84x5.57

Price: $17,633.46

Thanks guys!! :D

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
timmis1127|1295714309|2829653 said:
I am looking at this diamond but i dont have much experience so i am looking for some feedback on what you guys think please. On the cert it says its an Ideal Cut Hearts and Arrows. Is it proportioned correctly? Is it worth the price?

Hi Timmis,

The crown and pavilion percentages are also needed in order to evaluate this diamond, can you post them please? It is deeper than I prefer and might look a little small for the weight, also we have no way of knowing if the diamond has the cut precision to display crisp hearts and arrows, being a cynic I would tend to think not, but it depends on what you are looking for. If you want picture perfect hearts and arrows patterning, then images are non negotiable. If you want a big stone that shows some h&a even if imperfect, then this stone might be ok. The table size is fine but I would not want to go much larger than 60% though, the branded top cut h&a diamonds do not come with 60% tables to the best of my knowledge, nor do they have 63% depths.

Do you know if this diamond is eyeclean or not? A diamond of this size of SI2 clarity might not be, you would need to ask the vendor or see it for yourself.

If you want to pursue this diamond and having h&a matters to you then insist on being given images of both h&a. Then if you like the diamond, get an independant appraisal during the return period ( make sure you get one) to make sure the stone checks out, we can't really comment on the price except it is very cheap for such a large stone but this is often the case with EGL graded diamonds, plus an appraiser would be able to tell you if the diamond is accurately graded or not, if not then it might not be such a good deal.

One thing, if you ever wanted to trade in or resell this diamond, it is hard enough for those with GIA reports, it would be harder still with an EGL graded stone...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
timmis1127|1295714309|2829653 said:

Shape: Round

the diameter of this stone equal to a well cut 2.53ct... :knockout:

timmis1127

Rough_Rock
They will be emailing the certificate tomorrow and i will upload on here for a more accurate diagnostic of the diamond.

Thanks for everyones feedback!! :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results