shape
carat
color
clarity

Specific request and help needed!

Sopranojla

Shiny_Rock
So I went to my jeweler in NYC the other day to view some stones for the new setting of my engagement ring. I decided on two emerald stones to flank my radiant (7.41 x 5.62mm). Under the emeralds we are putting three round diamonds. I am looking for a little bling and wow factor comparative to my center stones and I'm not sure the size of the stones I looked at are going to be big enough. The emeralds totaled .73 carats TOTAL (36.5 each) and the rounds were about .56 total so each are about .09. The stones *unset* looked so tiny! I don't want two itsy-bitsy stones on either side of my center stone. Will these stones look this small after they are set or do you think they will suffice? It's so hard due to my limited knowledge in this arena.

Does anyone have a 1.5 carat rectangular cut emerald/radiant with similar size (.35) side stones on a size 7 finger. Specific request, I know, but it would help me out so much. OR, if you have .09/.10 rounds in your setting, that would also help to see them set, too. Thanks in advance!

For reference, here is my inspiration picture: image_4357.jpg
And here is my current setting fwiw: image_4353.jpg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty ring, and inspiration photo.
I can't provide the pictures you are looking for, but I can suggest what I would do if I were in your situation.
I am not good at photoshop, so I would utilize a printer, enlargement / reducing capabilities and an exacto knife.
First, you'll need to know the mm of the sidestones. That is more important here than the weight.
Print a representation radiant as close to size as you can and trim, do the same with the emeralds and rounds.
Make yourself a mockup on a strip of paper and place on your finger.
You can even scrimp further and not use photos of the stones, just rectangles and circles, but I think seeing the facet pattern would help me, especially since you are mixing steps with brilliants.
I know how frustrating it is to have something custom made and not see an exact or at least close example.
I'm playing the waiting (and trusting!) game myself on a setting right now...
Best wishes

Sopranojla

Shiny_Rock
Omg--I have tried to do just what you suggested with my center stone and it frustrated me to no end! Lol. I also don't know the dimensions of the emeralds, either.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok - go here
https://www.google.com/search?q=act...AUIBygB&biw=768&bih=927#imgrc=HmYn9Tx0g2-HiM:
It shows your 3.0 rounds, the emeralds should be somewhere around the 5x3, maybe a smudge larger, and your center stone is a bit larger than the 7x5 radiant.
These printed out close to accurate by my ruler.
This should be close enough with what limited information you have to help.
I hope it does, at least until someone with your finger size, and exact stones comes out to play.....

Sopranojla

Shiny_Rock
Wow! This is helpful! :) Thank you! It certainly beats measuring on a ruler! lol!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not my emerald cut out a very pretty ring I found at a local jeweler. Around your stone's size.

_3121.jpeg

_3122.jpeg

Sopranojla

Shiny_Rock
Oh my gosh! I'd take that ring in a second! It's gorgeous!!

Sopranojla

Shiny_Rock
So I found this post. This seems close to my ring, although a 7.11 x 5.21 mm measurement for a 1.17 carat stone seems big since mine is a 1.4 carat and is 7.41x5.62. Anyhow, given the dimensions are correct, it gives me a great idea of what it wil look like since the side stones here are exactly the size of the ones I viewed the other day in the city.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ritani-reset-three-stone-emerald-cut.65512/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ritani-reset-three-stone-emerald-cut.65512/[/URL]

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results