shape
carat
color
clarity

Specific Gravity of Grade B Jadeite

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH, so you can translate the account name and address into English then enter it into TransferWise??? That would be great!!!

Yes that is what I did!

Addresses and all!

I started with small purchases to see if it worked and it did!

Noodlez

Rough_Rock
OMG, it worked!!! Thanks everyone for your help! I asked him to set them for me too, can't wait to get the finished products!

I really wanted this beautiful large scenery piece today but the vendor refused to budge :roll2: Next time!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, it worked!!! Thanks everyone for your help! I asked him to set them for me too, can't wait to get the finished products!

I really wanted this beautiful large scenery piece today but the vendor refused to budge :roll2: Next time!

Well done!!!! It's nerve wracking but once you get used to it and have everything set up it's super easy. Lol too easy causing you to spend quite a bit!!!

I find that after a few pieces arrive I get very bold and end up buying too much!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just checking that you know the process for setting right?

He gives you a quote and a cad. You agree it to it and he makes it. You pay for the setting and postage at the end and then he mails it.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also I don't think he'll mind me revealing this tidbit about him but he actually carved Jade at some point so he will know what's A grade. Unlikely that you'll be buying something B or C from him as he can tell having worked with it so often.

Noodlez

Rough_Rock
Yes, I have checked out other facebook jadeite live broadcasts and he is definitely the most knowledgeable and bargains for best prices. He shows off his deformed right thumb proudly on his shows to explain his sacrifices for carving. It is crazy! That is why I love jadeite so much and especially the scenery pieces. All done by hand and it is truly a work or art! I couldn't resist and reserved 3 more pieces today :oops2:. Will have to stop watching soon or this will completely drain my savings. :P2

Anyone know how much he charges for shipping to the U.S?

Thanks!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pics please!!!!!!!

I'm broke now (bought a house) so no Jade for me but I had such a good run last year buying from him!

His workmanship for the settings is excellent!!!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Pics please!!!!!!!

I'm broke now (bought a house) so no Jade for me but I had such a good run last year buying from him!

His workmanship for the settings is excellent!!!

Congrats on the house! That;s an excellent reason to give up collecting (for a bit) :)

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If anyone wants to see what really high end jadeite looks like here's a LINK to Bonhams latest Hong Kong jewelry auction. I was told all their best jade goes to HK for auction no matter the source because that's where the market is best.

Remember to left click on the item photos if you want to see a close up and more info. If you click normally the whole thing reloads and loses the sort when you try to go back. Bonhams' websit is still in the 1990s!

curiosity_thrills

Rough_Rock
Hi, I'm new to the forum and have learned so much from skimming your posts here. I'd like to return to identify some of the more reputable sellers you note, but I was wondering if anyone might have a particular favorite place to buy jadeite bead bracelets, not bangles or pendants.

I bought a beaded bracelet from Jadeite888 on Etsy that is purportedly Grade A untreated, but after reading through your posts, I'm wondering if it may be Grade B or C. I know it is difficult to tell, but was there ever any consensus on whether the specific gravity test could reasonably detect Grade B, or are there simply too many unknowns?

IMG_4562.jpg

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@prs thanks for the Bonham's heads up. The jadeite is just exquisite! I especially love this bangle: https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/26238/lot/547/

Yes, it's a gorgeous bangle, heck of a lot of water in that one!!! The estimate of US$10-26K is much wider than the usual estimate range. I wonder why? I should also point out the estimate doesn't include the 25% buyers premium! This just confirms to me the odds of any of us finding a lovely Grade A bangle here in the USA for less than $5K are pretty slim. :cry2:

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A lot of the jadeite pieces failed to sell at this auction, most likely the result of the current political turmoil in HK.

However your bangle did sell for $27.5K including premium. May we see the photos when it arrives? =)2

Hahahahahahahahaha! Sure, but it might take a verrrrrry long time to get here.

Reactions: prs

Maddiewin

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I have checked out other facebook jadeite live broadcasts and he is definitely the most knowledgeable and bargains for best prices. He shows off his deformed right thumb proudly on his shows to explain his sacrifices for carving. It is crazy! That is why I love jadeite so much and especially the scenery pieces. All done by hand and it is truly a work or art! I couldn't resist and reserved 3 more pieces today :oops2:. Will have to stop watching soon or this will completely drain my savings. :P2

Anyone know how much he charges for shipping to the U.S?

Thanks!

So sorry! I have not been monitoring PS lately. I am glad you survived the process. I ended up sending it somewhere else to set so I can’t tell you how much to send to US

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
I'm coming up so you better get this party started.

I intend to wear this red with all my jadeite, so I will post here.

My 11.29 Burmese is with DK and I am happy with the purchase. It is red. No modifiers. No brown, no orangish, no gray. Just red. I have been told to wear red for last year and the next couple of years.

Something about 本命年 and all that. Yay! Bonus because I love red.

1602620161662.png

1602620179027.png

1602620240066.png

Oh and......

Last edited:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
So and.....

1602621220431.png

Ugly setting to be turned into nice setting for this Tajik spinel.

1602621264263.png

1602621340638.png

I feel like I’ve seen this before... from Desiree right?

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
I understand I have bought it second hand. I did not buy this directly myself. I only drooled over it and then it was a YES!!!! for myself.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Ok sure cos I think I tried on this ring a few months ago (pre-Covid) 8)

How are you setting your other giant red spinel?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Is this Desiree's IG account? It pops up to my IG recommendations and I started follow it several months ago. Many items look nice but not sure if it is a reliable seller, so I haven't talked to them yet. Any feedback is appreciated.

https://www.instagram.com/desireegems/?hl=en

They have a B&M shop in Far East Plaza in Singapore. So I think ok. Only thing is that not all their stuff is certified but i think if you want it certified, you can ask for a cert from Nanyang lab in the same building as them (at extra charge I guess). The Nanyang lab is reliable.

I’ve actually been down a few times to see their things. But I will caveat that the color isn’t always accurate. I’ve gone down to see things and felt disappointed when the stones don’t look like pics in natural lighting. So will suggest you ask for more pics/video if you really want to buy.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
I have no idea who Desiree is and I thought it was the name of the actual woman who sold it.

Oh, lovely IG account. I don't buy from them at all and have never bought from them. If this is indeed from them, that's fine.

If anything, I have been looking at this account:

I asked about their rubies. Lovely! But then I have a lot of setting to do so not yet. And I would avoid retail stores tbh unless it is Wriston hawking a good deal, but then I am always too late and the item would have been sold. I really really liked this one a couple of months back but it had already sold when I saw it on FB:

1602682849862.png

Nice that you tried it on a few months back. Shows you how jewellery changes hands.

Wriston setting it. That much I know and he is brilliant!

I will let Wriston do this other spinel from Litnon. Wriston has easier access to ruby melee and that is the plan for the 11.3 carats red.

Last edited:

Module

Shiny_Rock
They have a B&M shop in Far East Plaza in Singapore. So I think ok. Only thing is that not all their stuff is certified but i think if you want it certified, you can ask for a cert from Nanyang lab in the same building as them (at extra charge I guess). The Nanyang lab is reliable.

I’ve actually been down a few times to see their things. But I will caveat that the color isn’t always accurate. I’ve gone down to see things and felt disappointed when the stones don’t look like pics in natural lighting. So will suggest you ask for more pics/video if you really want to buy.

Thanks, will definitely requesting more pics and videos if decided to go ahead.

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock

My 11.29 Burmese is with DK and I am happy with the purchase. It is red. No modifiers. No brown, no orangish, no gray. Just red. I have been told to wear red for last year and the next couple of years.

1602620161662.png

1602620179027.png

1602620240066.png

Oh and......

@ChaiK, is that the Spinel you were waiting for, the one with the video with the siren in the background? It's beautiful.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

1602620161662.png

1602620179027.png

1602620240066.png

Oh and......

@ChaiK, well you certainly resurrected this thread with a bang, what a gorgeous stone! You will most certainly be in the red zone when you have that on your finger. :mrgreen2:

Maybe you could wear it with those fabulous earrings in your avatar? You have yet to tell us anything about those!!! I kind of liked the dumplings but those earrings are to die for! =)2

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
@ChaiK, well you certainly resurrected this thread with a bang, what a gorgeous stone! You will most certainly be in the red zone when you have that on your finger. :mrgreen2:

Maybe you could wear it with those fabulous earrings in your avatar? You have yet to tell us anything about those!!! I kind of liked the dumplings but those earrings are to die for! =)2

The earrings are unheated 4-carat rubies. Yay to that too! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results